Snow Diamond (Ready)

spymanx

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria

Name: Snow Diamond

Sex: Male (Stallion)

Species: Zebra

Eye colour: Light Blue

Coat: Snow has a short mane of black and white that runs from between his ears down the back of his neck. Snow normally wears a black and white baseball cap on his head.

Mane/Tail: Snow has a short mane of black and white that runs from between his ears down the back of his neck, Snow normally wears a black and white baseball cap on his head.

His Tail on the other hand, is quite long and well groomed. It is white and has a single black stripe running down the centre of it.

Physique: Snow is slightly above average in height for a zebra, however, he is also thin for a zebra of his age, he is also quite weak, preferring to sit inside and sleep or grade work on the weekend instead of work out.

Residence: Snow Diamond currently lives in Manehatten, after moving there with his parents as a very young colt.

Occupation: Snow Currently works as a Teacher in Manehatten teaching Geography to ponies.

Cutie Mark: A map with a compass rose on it.

Cutie Mark Story: After moving to Manehatten, Snow felt different than everyone else. He felt so silly for having to ask for directions from everypony. The bullies constantly teased him because he was an outsider, about how he was stupid and a blank flank. Snow thought that if he knew everything about the city and the area around it, he would no longer be an "outsider," and spent many a day on the edges of the city, venturing farther and farther into the small forest nearby. Snow soon, however, began to wonder how he was suppose to tell what he had explored already, and what he had not. School however, provided him with knowledge of how to do just that. He would make a map of the forest!

His parents soon however became worried at how little time he now spent trying to making friends, Snow, at this point, was too excited at how much progress he had made exploring the forest. Every day his map got more and more detailed as his day plan soon got into the rut of waking up, going to school, heading out to the forest, coming home, locking himself in his room to work, going to sleep, and repeating it all the next day. Snow also became more fascinated with the world at large, finding that the library was not only a great place to work, but also a great place to sleep. The librarian, Book Mark, encouraged Snow to keep working on his map, and helped him quell the fire of questions in his mind.

When exploring, every day brought a new wonder to his attention, trees that produced funny looking fruit, butterfly's that showed all the colours of the rainbow, or perhaps his favourite, a small crystal clear pond with a tiny waterfall, that reflects the light just right to give the most beautiful effect you have ever seen, it was the most stunning thing the young colt had ever seen. Every new thing made him work harder, every answer gave him a thousand more questions, and he knew that until every hoof of that forest was known to him, he could never rest.

After many moons of work and toil, Snow put the finishing touches on his completed map. As he placed the final item, a compass rose on the bottom corner, and looked over the completed map of the forest he had finally finished exploring. His destiny found him.

He still keeps that map pinned to his wall. His first and, in his eyes, his finest work.

History: Snow was born to a small community in the zebra lands of Unyasi. He was named Snow Diamond because his coat matched the freshly fallen snow that surrounded the tent he was born in. Snow's father and his mother wished to start a new life away from the land they knew, and all three of them left the community and moved to Manehatten, Snow was too young to remember much about his homeland. His father, mother, and Snow himself were considered outsiders in Manehatten. Because of this, Snow had a tough colt-hood. Even though he grew up in Manehatten, he always felt like an outsider looking in, lacking in social skills and bullied constantly. Luckily he always had his parents to rely on if he was down.

Growing up, after he got his cutie-mark Snow became a bit braver, and proactive about making a friend. One of his first friends was Shimmering Island. Shimmering and Snow soon became good friends, Snow helped Shimmering with his homework, and shimmering kept Snow awake in class. Shimmering helped him to understand that not everypony thought he was a freak just because he was different. Other than Shimmering, Snow didn't have any other younger friends. However, he loved hanging out with his geography teacher, Light House. Light House was a big inspiration to Snow Diamond. Snow loved hearing stories about around the world and Light was the one who made Snow realize what he wanted to do with his life, and he spent the rest of his school days studying and learning everything he could about the world.

The three of them were a close family. They were in no sense rich, yet they were not poor, living a good life in the big city. Eventually, Snow Diamond left his family to pursue his love of learning about the world. He studied long and hard and eventually took a job as a teacher. It isn't the most well-paying or glamorous job in the big city, yet he gets by. Many of his students find him strange. Most of them had never seen a Zebra before, yet he used this to his advantage as he explained that "who better to learn about the world, then from somepony who isn't from the same place as you?"

Character Summary: Snow's special talent is learning, and teaching ponies about the world. However, his talent is also well suited for exploring, able to navigate mazes and jungles faster than the average pony. His main motivation in life is to teach his students about the world, so they can be better prepared to live in it. His other motivation, is that he knows that no matter how bad things get. He can always take a nap.

Snow is a simple pony with three goals in life: To learn about the world, to explore the world, and to sleep as much as possible. He really enjoys a good nap, and has been caught dosing off in his own class.

Snow Diamond enjoys the simple things in life, like a good tie. Many a pony takes for grated the great invention that is the tie. His only other notable like is sleeping. He will sleep anytime, anywhere, on almost anything. Snow's biggest dislike is coffee, as it reduces his ability to sleep and nap.

Snow Diamond has very little free-time, as when he isn't teaching or grading work, he is sleeping. Sometimes he will head outside to shop for food or teaching equipment or just to go for a small jog so he can waste enough energy to go back to sleep. As naps can only get you so far.

In general, Snow Diamond is a very calm zebra. However, if you wish to know about the world, or get him talking about his work, he becomes a rambling ball of energy. (At least until he answers your question!) He is very easy-going, considering his job, and rarely gets angry or stressed. He rather looks for other (normally more eccentric) solutions to problems. Due to his more secluded nature and lack of time spent in the waking world, the closest thing he has to friends are his students.

One of Snow's most noticeable faults is the fact that he always seems tired, other then when he is teaching. He also has trouble making friends, due to the fact that he rarely gets out as much as he should. When he does interact with others, he tends to be blunt when he has something to say. But, when he gets himself roped into a conversation, he can be considered good company, due to the fact he is an excellent listener.

Snow Diamond has two main fears, his first is of heights, as he would much rather stay on the ground. His second fear is sleep deprivation. Snow also constantly worries about being replaced as a teacher by somepony else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Special thanks to...

StarStorm

for helping me with my app! Thanks a bunch!

Edited by spymanx
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there spymanx! I'm Star Swirl, your friendly neighborhood roleplay helper, and I'll be taking care of your app :D

I must say I love this character. A zebra geography teacher is a lovely idea. The cutie mark story is kind of short, but it does tell me how she got her cutie mark as well as showing her love for geography (as well as map making!)! So that is perfectly fine. Short and sweet I'd say :D

Now, here is the thing...There is very little bridge between that cutie mark story and the rest of his history. Your history is probably the weakest part of this app. Now that is very easily remedied by expanding his history! What was his colthood like? He grew up in a foreign city where he was an extreme minority, where ponies might not know as much about him. What was his school life like? Did he have any friends? Did he have problems making friends? How did he kindle his love for geography? Your cutie mark story indicates that it was a gradual thing, but were there other things that contributed to it? Maybe a teacher influenced him or did he just love it and start studying it as he was going into the forest?

I'm guessing his name came from his outward looks when he was born? If this is so, I'd throw that into the history. Usually ponies are aptly named for their special talent (how parents know at birth is beyond me), but aptly named ponies is not a requirement for me, so long as there is an explanation in their history :D (Heck, I play a doctor named Razor Gears, due to him not following in his parent's footsteps)

Basically my issue with the history is that it seems like his family history rather than his history. Don't be afraid to go into as much detail as you like to give us an idea where your zebra came from and how he came to be who he is today!

Other than that! The character summary is just fabulous! I've really gotten a feel for Snow Diamond! The ONE thing I would change is his turning away friendship thing and him being too busy to interact with ponies. This is more of a slice of life type roleplay environment, so making friends and interacting with ponies is a very large part. Snow seems like he could be a very friendly zebra, I wouldn't make him adverse to friendships, or at least explain how he interacts with ponies and other characters. ;)

Lastly, a pony who likes sleep fearing sleep deprivation :lol: Sorry that seems rather funny to me. It isn't bad, I just find it humorous.

This is a great start to a great character! Just needs a bit of work :)

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! :D

Hai Spy! ^^ I'm not yet an rp helper, but trying out to be C:

I really like Snow! He sounds kind if like I was in middle school, a cute little worry wart who loves to sleep ^^

Ik that he lived in Manehatten now, but where did he move from? Was he sad to go, or two little to remember? Did this also push him away from the idea of growing closer to ponies and forming friendships because he had to leave behind the ones that he had?

This isn't anything big, but in your second paragraph in his history section, I found an inconsistacy in very tense. "It isn't the most well-paying or glamorous job in the big city, yet he got by" should either be "It isn't the best paying job in the city, but he gets by" or "It wasn't the best paying job in the city, but he got by"

I would recommend maybe not having him turned away from friendship nowadays. Maybe he could have turned away for a time and is now a little bit socially awkward or shy. Usually in rp, I find it best to have characters who get along well with others and make friends and are willing to go do things with others without very much withdrawal. It just keeps things interesting, and lets rp's move in whatever direction they are heading without putting a halt on things

This is really fantastic for a first app!! :D I love his tie and his fascination with it!! If you have any questions or need any help or anything, Ill be here all week ;)

Hey there spymanx! I'm Star Swirl, your friendly neighborhood roleplay helper, and I'll be taking care of your app :D

I must say I love this character. A zebra geography teacher is a lovely idea. The cutie mark story is kind of short, but it does tell me how she got her cutie mark as well as showing her love for geography (as well as map making!)! So that is perfectly fine. Short and sweet I'd say :D

Now, here is the thing...There is very little bridge between that cutie mark story and the rest of his history. Your history is probably the weakest part of this app. Now that is very easily remedied by expanding his history! What was his colthood like? He grew up in a foreign city where he was an extreme minority, where ponies might not know as much about him. What was his school life like? Did he have any friends? Did he have problems making friends? How did he kindle his love for geography? Your cutie mark story indicates that it was a gradual thing, but were there other things that contributed to it? Maybe a teacher influenced him or did he just love it and start studying it as he was going into the forest?

I'm guessing his name came from his outward looks when he was born? If this is so, I'd throw that into the history. Usually ponies are aptly named for their special talent (how parents know at birth is beyond me), but aptly named ponies is not a requirement for me, so long as there is an explanation in their history :D (Heck, I play a doctor named Razor Gears, due to him not following in his parent's footsteps)

Basically my issue with the history is that it seems like his family history rather than his history. Don't be afraid to go into as much detail as you like to give us an idea where your zebra came from and how he came to be who he is today!

Other than that! The character summary is just fabulous! I've really gotten a feel for Snow Diamond! The ONE thing I would change is his turning away friendship thing and him being too busy to interact with ponies. This is more of a slice of life type roleplay environment, so making friends and interacting with ponies is a very large part. Snow seems like he could be a very friendly zebra, I wouldn't make him adverse to friendships, or at least explain how he interacts with ponies and other characters. ;)

Lastly, a pony who likes sleep fearing sleep deprivation :lol: Sorry that seems rather funny to me. It isn't bad, I just find it humorous.

This is a great start to a great character! Just needs a bit of work :)

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! :D

Okay, first thanks for the input! Second, I made some fixes, and I look forward to your opinion on it, thank you so much for taking the time to look at it! ;)

This is looking really great! You did a great job with you revisions so far! The history is looking really fantastic, and I love the story in it C: One little thing that I've spotted is, when you say "and spent meany a day" in your cutie mark story, I think that what you mean is "many a day" ^^ Also, it would be really wonderous if you could elaborate on the cutie mark story some more. What got Snow interested in exploring? What does he love about it, and has he ever had any grand or interesting findings when he was out exploring?

I'm super dooper excited to see what you can come up with!! :D

Hey spyman!

StarStorm hit it on the head! And asks very valid questions! That is part of what I meant in a bridge between the Cutie Mark story and the history! If you could clarify those questions, it would be fantastic! Also you do need to do a bit of proof reading as there are some spelling errors in the app. Other than that, excellent work! :D

You are almost there! I just need a bit more before I can pass this along to SRPHS! If you have any questions, let me know :)