Silentium

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria

Name: Technica Tekton

Sex: Male

Species: Earth Pony

Eye colour: Grey with a pinch of red

Coat: Greyish-red

Mane/Tail: Grey

Physique: Smaller than average in height for males. Fairly thin/lithe.

Residence: Apploosa

Cutie Mark: Lighting and cloud making an "x" shape. On top, a horizonal hammer in the middle.

Picture of Cutie Mark:

2d7gdmw.png

Picture of Technica Tekton:

snmj47.png

History: Technica Tekton was born in Corralwood Corral. Technica Tekton was born into a family with building and engineering practically in their blood. Technica Tekton has very little memories of his birthplace, because his family moved out only a year after he was born. The only reason he was given for the departure, when he was older, was that his parents needed jobs, and Corralwood Corral didn't provide any for them. His family moved to Canterlot.

Technica Tekton had a quiet early childhood. The fillies and foals didn't seem to take note of him when they saw him. His parents really didn't have much of a feel for him either. Maybe because they were to busy, or Technica Tekton didn't embrace his heritage of builders and engineers, at least not in his early life. During this time, he would usually read books to himself. Easier to read books, of course.

Later in his childhood, Technica Tekton had a knack for the new electricity that was going around. It fascinated him to ponder what this new technology could bring about. He used his reading abilities to read about electricity, and eventually building and engineering. This is when Technica Tekton officially got into his heritage. This is also important because he is the first in his family to embrace electricity. While this was going on, he was receiving troubles at school. Few friends and being mocked for not being prestigious enough at the Canterlot grade schools was troublesome. Although he would not be a very sociable, outgoing pony, he always sought out the good in ponies before going through the process of distrust and hate. In fact, that was the way he received his few friends. Sometimes, he would use this approach to find builders for his projects because he himself is an awful builder, although he would use it later on in life.

In his early teen hood, Tekton finally started a real bond with his father and mother. They would construct tree houses, various wooden toys, and other unique creations. Unfortunately, Tekton wasn't the best builder. Tree houses would often have a crooked feel, if not collapse in on itself, and various toys would not be as mobile as the ones his mother or father would make. He could, however, more easily design and implement electricity into devices. On one such day, Tekton decided to make a device to speed up the process of putting in screws. He worked out the plans for a few hours in the yard. When he was completed, he almost immediately began construction of the new device. When that was completed, he attempted to use the device. Unfortunately, the device broke when he turned it on, and gave a good shock to Tekton. Some of the parts flew off and managed to bruise Tekton. Amist the debri and injuries, Tekton's father walked to him and only pointed at Tekton's rump. And behold, Tekton finally received his cutie mark!

During his late teenhood and early adulthood, Tekton attended college at Canterlot for engineering and electrical engineering. He is currently residing at Appleoosa, helping to spread the western frontier. However, he will travel often help construction projects in other places of Equestria.

Character Summary: Technica Tekton is a peaceful pony. He'll always find a peaceful route before resorting to more drastic measures. He also isn't too extreme in many areas. For example, Tekton isn't the one to get too messy or be too outdoorsy if not needed, but also won't be extremely clean or fancy. Tekton is also a practical guy. He won't go out of his way to preform tasks that seem unnecessary or that can't be completed. An example, he won't use unnecessary etiquette when dining out, as in, hold the cup a certain way, eat a certain way, but he also won't be a pig while eating.

Technica is also more of an introvert. He won't go out of his way to make friends for the sake of making some, and can be awkward around people.

Technica has no real phobias, although he is somewhat timid. For example, he may not have a fear of diamond dogs all of the time, but will fear them if they threaten the workers of a project.

Techinca despises a few things: overly eccentric beings, stupid beings, or just arrogant beings. His schooling at Canterlot as shown him that everything doesn't appear to be what they are. The more fancy and privileged ponies could easily fail at simple tasks, but still bloat about how they are superior just because of their etiquette.

Tekton also really likes using opportunity. If there is anything that can help out, and doesn't require something that infringes on basic moral code to get it, he may just attempt to get it. He feels that one day, this will really land him some huge success. However, him being an introvert usually restricts this.

Tekton also more easily solves problems than other ponies. Not puzzles, but things such as "how can we achieve X without going overboard on Y?" Sometimes he'll make his own unique devices in order to help solve a problem.

Hi there! I'm not a member of the RP helpstaff team, but I do think I can help to improve this application to tip-top shape. If that's okay with you, of course :)

Firstly, applications need to be in black and white only, so you should probably remove the colours.

Do you have any pictures of him? He's a bit hard to visualize.

The phrase "people's pony" is a bit confusing. You may want to change it up.

Unfortunately, the device broke when he turned it on, and electrocuted himself.

EEK! Electrocution is seriously scary stuff, not something you just walk away from unharmed! Maybe a minor shock would be a better choice. I understand that electrocution is rarely considered a big deal in animation-land, but I don't think it's a great way to get a cutie mark :-|

Overall, this is a very well written application! Awesome work, Silentium! :20:

Alright, made the changes.

The purple text is replaced with black.

The phrase "people's pony" was more on long the lines of extrovert/sociable. The line was supposed to state that he wasn't really sociable. I removed the phrase and replaced it with "...would not be a very sociable, outgoing pony..."

The electrocution is replaced with "...and gave a good shock to Tekton."

All that needs to be done by your standards is post the picture.

Upload them to tinypic or another carrying site, then click on the "image" icon on your OP during an edit. Then simply copy the URL and it'll appear on it's own :)

Alright thanks, I'll get to uploading the picture.

• Like 1

Hi Silentium! Overall, this looks like a fantastic app! SRG has given you some very good advice and I see you've taken it! Excellent! The only issues that I think could possibly pose problems when a Senior RP Helper examines this app is (1) the cutie mark could be too complex (but I think it's cool!) and (2) the SRP Staff may have some problems with the use of 'electricity' in Mane RP. It is true that lightning exists but according to the official 'canon', electricity itself doesn't exist. The claim is things that LOOK like they run on electricity actually run on 'magic' (I have disputed this claim myself but to no avail). But since this pony seems to be working with electricity in it's 'early stages' of development, it could pass. We'll have to wait and see what Senior RP staff rule on this.

Electricity exists according to board lore, it's just in its early stages... just as this application represents it. The cutie mark is maybe a little cluttered, but I've seen worse... I think we're good here:

AppApproved.png