Dabom444

Sunray wokeup with a start, he expected a loud awakining but it still caught him by surprise. He chuckled as he watched Flash jump out of bed. He went through his morning routine before heading out to the mess hall. It was on the way that he got his first sighting of the snow. That all it took to get him excited! He knew most pegasus didn't train in the snow, some didny

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(in a phone it posted early)

Didn't even like snow. Luckily for him, his high altitude training had taught him how to deal with frozen winds and thin air. Frosted wings were something he could handle.

Once he got his morning chow he moved towards Flashbomb and Lyria.

"Morning! Todays going to be great!" He stretched his wings. "How are yall this fine morning?!"

Lyria told Marble that her father trained her in the snow. Marble took a big gulp of water, hoping to avoid answering, but then found a way to avoid saying anything rude. [colour=#ff0000]"Cool." [/colour]He then looked away, to be sure she knew he wouldn't say anything else. The new pony from earlier with the leg brace then joined them, greeting them warmly. [colour=#ff0000]"Good morning." [/colour]He said in his more intimidating voice. He then asked how their morning was. [colour=#ff0000]"Good." [/colour]He responded, taking another large bite of food.

"Up and ready!" Lyria responded, smiling at them. She kept her wings by her side. 'What if I fail?' She thought. She had received a little bit of a fear of flying from her mother. She had learned to get over it, but it still came to haunt her at times. What if she went on the Dizzytron, and got the slowest time? She started to have a silent freak-out. Her tail flicked impatiently, and to top it off, it seemed like Marble was a little... unsteady when she said her father trained her in the snow. Her thoughts went to when her father was training her.

"Come on honey! You can do it!" He would smile at her. He was an earth pony, so he couldnt fly with her. She flapped her wings as fast as possible, trying to sonic boom. When she would fail a practice, her dad wouldnt come home for supper. She would go in her room and cry, knowing she had upset her father. He would return and say, "I had work to do."

But she knew it was because of her.

She returned to reality, and looked at the pegasi around her.

Flash bomb ate his food with disaste. He looked u and smiled at sunray "I could be better." he joked. He took another bite of his food. He pushed it away, he couldnt eat another bite. He sat up and tried not to slouch. He yawned and flapped his wings. He looked at them and frowned. "Its been forever since i preened these things." He said he enjoyed his wings better when they were fine tuned. He looked at his friends and smiled. He enjoyed having so many friends at the academy. He glanced at the window again. "I am gonna be dragging today. My wings ge all frozen with ice hanging off of them and all." He tried to smile but the Thought frozen wings made hi shiver.

Lightning dust had aken her food and sat down at a table to consume her meal She watched te Group of ponies whom were conversing together.

Flash began complaining about the weather, and how he hadn't preened his wings. Marble then noticed Lightning Dust out of the corner of his eyes. Ge glared at her in anger, hoping for her to stay away. [colour=#ff0000]"I don't mind cold weather." [/colour]He told Flashbomb in his normal voice. [colour=#ff0000]"I'm just sick and tired of snow."[/colour]

Marble nearly spit out his food. Flash just informed him that they would be using the dizzitron. In the snow. Being dizzy was enough to make Marble crash land, but in the snow? He'd end up in the ground at that rate. He swallowed his food to seem a bit calmer. [colour=#ff0000]"Should be easy." [/colour]He blatantly lied.

Sunray watched the mare for a minute. She didn't sound okay. He shook his head upon hearing Marbles responce. "Easy." He snorted. "Just stay safe out there. A broken wing now....." He looked away from the group. "Would kill your chances of making it through camp this year." He squeezed wingss tightly to his sides. "Or worse.You could end up like me." He joked before laughing.

Angel yawned as he woke up. He noticed none of the Staff were around "Over slept, SpitFire is going to chew me out.." He said to himself. He slip'd on His Staff Uniform and put on the cap as well as the sunglasses. He trotted down the Northhall to the mess-hall "Ok, good, Its still breakfast time" He said to himself as he trotted in. They stop'd serving breakfast though "Looks like Ill have to wait until lunch" He spotted his favorite group of recruits and trotted over to them "Morning rookies" He joked "How did you all sleep?" He asked, He was a lot more calm today, Knowing SpitFire was in-charge of the exercise.

Lyria continued swimming in her thoughts and memories, and her mothers face came into her memory view. Her mother smiled, and Lyria remembered what memory she was seeing.

The one right before she left for the academy.

"You'll do great." Her mother smiled, and hugged Lyria. "I'm going to miss you terribly." Her mother started to cry, as did Lyria.

"I'll miss you more mum." She smiled, and left for the academy.

Lyria blinked a few times, and took another bite of her breakfast. She tuned in to the conversation around her.

Angel joined them at the table. It surprised Marble, as he expected Angel to eat with the rest of the staff members. [colour=#ff0000]"Hey sir." [/colour]He said as he sat with them. Marble had finished his Breakfast. [colour=#ff0000]"We should get going soon." [/colour]Marble said.

The bell rang signaling the end of breakfast. All the ponies cleaned up, then hurried outside to line up for the Dizzytron. The thing was legend among pegasi, and the cadets were a mix between excited and nervous.

Flashbomb Threw the last of his food away and began to trot back but All recruits were called to head out to the runway. He sighed he didnt want to go uout in the cold. He trotted out of the messhall and to the exit. When the doors opened a freezing gust if wind hit them all. He shivered "By celestia's beard." He said. He and the other recruits went out to the runway. He shivered trying to keep his wings in close.