Dabom444

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marble remained silent as he watched the other pegasi use the Dizzytron. Some where quite good, others were worse then him. Marble then realized they would be paired up soon. [colour=#ff0000]I just hope I'm paired with Flash. [/colour]If he could cross his fingers, he would, but sadly he's a pony, so he settled with crossing his hooves.

Lyria went over who she could be paired with, and more memories filled her mind when her father paired her up with her best friend so we could practice flying together for the academy. Sadly, she never made it into the academy though, so Lyria was here, trying to make new friends.

Flashomb had rested his eyes for a while He opened them when he realized that he almost fell asleep. His body was numb from the cold. He saw that the last few ponies were finnishing the dizzytron. when the last pegasus had gone, the instructors wanted to continue but when a report of a massive white out was on the way they decided against it. They ordered everyone back inside. They would continue tommarow. Flashbomb walked into the main hall and shook himself off. Snow and frost fell from him. He was shivering terribly. "S..s..sstuupid...cc...cold .....wwweather." He said as he shook. He went to the Stallion barracks to warm up. He dried himself off, And set his kettle to brew some tea. He wrapped a blanet around himself to keep warm. He wantd to continue training but the weather was horrible outside. He shivered and sneezed as he sipped his tea.

(what a wus)

Spit Fire called off the day of training, due to the horrid weather. But she was still going to give out the pairings. She called everypony to the main hall and had the cadets line up. She began calling them up one by one...

"... Flashbomb. Lead pony. Marble wing pony." The two friends came up and accepted their badges.

"Lightning Dust. Lead Pony. Sun Ray, wing pony." The two unlikely partners accepted their badges.

"Lyria. Lead Pony. Forte Fermata. Wing pony." Lyria walked up, looking to see who this 'Forte Fermata' was. A green pegasus with a short brown mane walked up and took his badge, pinning it to his uniform. Then he silently walked back and stood next to his new partner, not bothering to introduce himself. He seemed to have a hard edge about him, but maybe it was just an act. Maybe... Nopony could be sure...

"Alright," Spit Fire called after the assignments are done. "Everypony back to the barracks. All cadets are confined to quarters until this weather lifts. Lunch will be brought to you in two hours. Dissmissed!" She yelled as the cadets began filing out.

Flashbomb smiled at marble as they headed back to the barracks. "Sweet, were partners!" He said as they headed back. They entered the baracks. Flashbomb looked outside and saw the weather had gotten worse. He coldnt see 3 feet ahead of the window. "Wel thats lovely." He added with discust.

Spit Fire walked back to her office, thinking about her pairings of the ponies she was most interested in. Flashbomb and Marble had been an obvious pair. They would work together well. Lightning Dust and Sun Ray was somewhat of an experiment. Spit Fire hoped that Sun Ray would hold Lightning Dust back. Not that she thought Sun Ray was incapable of preforming admirably. But Lightning Dust would definately have to slow down. Sun Ray was no Rainbow Dash. Lyria and Forte was an interesting development, but she paired them due to their similar Dizzytron scores. Forte was a trombonist in Canterlot, and Spit Fire had gone to a couple of his preformances. He was very good, but ever since he had arrived at the Academy, he had become something of an enigma.

Sunray looked down. He knew he was going to be a wingpony at the moment he screwed up on the dizzytron. He was the first to leave the yard. Although only some of the pairs were announced, he wasn't looking forward to any sort of celebration or even meeting. He passed the Dorms and the mess hall. The weather didn't bother him, he had too much on his mind. He spread his wings and flew, although he had to power through the storm and squeeze through the clouds, he was able to get above them. The air was still chilly, his breath still icy, but he had some peace. He landed atop the freezing clouds and stared off into the sun. "I won't let you down... Shine. I will live out our dream." He laid down on the icy cloud, deciding to stay until it was time to eat.

Lyria walked into the barracks, and sat on her bed. She grabbed some pictures from her saddle bags, and looked at them sadly. (Sorta a backstory with these pics) She looked mostly on the one at the right, the one that was a picture of her and her father right after she was born. Her dark blue mane had barley covered her face, and her light blue body still wet from her first bath. Her father was holding her gently, his light brown hooves holding me tightly. His red fur was fluffy, she remembered the feeling when her father held her. In another picture she was reaching for her fathers orange mane, giggling. And in the last one, she was over her dad's casket, crying. He was a hard working pony, and sadly he passed away from an uknown illness. Her mother never stopped thinking about him, and it made Lyria so sad to see her mother like that.

Flashbomb grew bored of sitting inside of the barracks he looked for stuff to do but all efforts at entertainment bored him even more. He looked around "i think ill head into the mare barracks to visit Lyria." He thought to himself." He trotted out of the stallion barracks and heard a soft sobbing sound coming from the mare barracks. He knoked on the door to make sure he wasnt disturbing anypony.

"um lyria? are you in there? Can i come in?" he asked through the door.

Angel luckely was a Staff member and wasent confined to the barracks. "Everypony in the syaff barracks is doing work, I think ill just go and talk to the recruits." He thought to himself, Trotting down the south hall. He saw Flashbomb enter the Mare barracks. "What is he up too?" He wondered as he peeked inside to see Lyria crying.

Flashbomb looked over at angel and defeded himself "I grew bored in the stallion barracks, everyone is taking a nap and i dont know where Sunray is." He glanced over to Lyria. "I Heard her crying and i wanted to check to see if she was alright." He stopped himself "sir." he added in when he saw a Guard at the end of the hall give him a look

Marble was very excited from his pairing! He was thankful that he could be with his only friend at the academy. Plus, Flash was an excellent flyer, so he thought they'd do well together. He returned to the barracks with Flash, and decided he would take a nap. He woke up, and noticed Flash was over at the mares barracks, with Angel. This piqued Marble's curiosity, as he walked to the mares barracks. [colour=#ff0000]"Hey Flash." [/colour]He said to get his attention. [colour=#ff0000]"What's happening?" [/colour]He saw Lyria crying, but said nothing. He wanted to hear what was happening from Flash.

Lyria said it was pictures of her father. Marble was confused. Why would pictures of your father make you sad? Angel asked if she missed him. Marble remained silent. He would have left, but he didn't want to appear rude and make her feel worse. She then said he passed away. Recently. Marble was mostly speaking out loud, but everypony could easily hear him. [colour=#ff0000]"Sorry... I can't imagine what that could be like..." [/colour]Thoughts of what his life would be like flashed through his head if his parents died after his birth. Would he have the same cutie mark? Would he be as happy? Would his idiot little brother be there? The thoughts made him have a single tear in his eye. He couldn't think of anything to say to make her feel better.

"It's alright..." Lyria whispered. "He was a great stallion, and I'll miss him greatly." She said. "But I know he watches over me. And my mother as well." She said, and looked at the other ponies. "He was a hard worker."

Flashbomb listened to her tale about her father, he felt sad for her. He knew how it was to lose a parent, He had lost both of his. He looked at marble then back to lyria "i should go.." He turned around and walked over to the barracks he opened the door to the stallion barracks and stopped. He looked over his shoulder. "That poor mare." He breathed. He trotted into the stallion barracks.

Angel watched as FlashBomb trotted out the door, He turned to Lyria "Listen, If you need anything. Feel free to come down to the staff barracks, Just tell the guards I told you it was ok to visit me." he told her. "Do you... Want some company for a little bit? I dont mind" Angel felt bad, He still had both his parents, And a filly sister, Back in Fillydelphia.