Styling your Pony's Mane

Cadabra

So I finally bit the bullet and bought myself a pony. Hasbro can have my $5, I got me a desk pony for work now. Seeing as how I have a coworker who has about 20 plush sock monkies on her desk (no kidding, it's like a sock monkey zoo) I figured seeing Rarity smiling up at me from next to my monitor would be a good thing. She is after all my favorite pony, so why not.

So while she is super cute, I am kind of disappointed in the mane and tail. I was wondering if any of you have styled the mane and tail on your ponies, and what you did to get the desired effect. Rarity is fabulous, so I want to make her look as good as I can.

A guide to how one person did it. All Mane six are there plus some others.

WARNING: The first guide involves cutting. I have not personally followed any guides as I don't have any of the pony toys action figures yet.

http://scaramouche-f...-Days-258834978

Additional if you prefer the vidja guides.

TOP TIP: wet their mane down and brush it with a toothbrush. The results are always stunning.

I curled Rarity's mane by brushing it out like I said above, then curling it around a barret. Next I pinned it into place and pulled it up with a small elastic. I put her under a lamp for about 2 hours, and when I unwound her hair it was curled just like the show. I did the same thing to her tail.

As for Dash, I brushed it, changed the part, and then barret it down. Now the part is different. Then I clipped it to the uneven, bangy nature of the show. It looks great!

I'll post pics later! :)

TOP TIP: wet their mane down and brush it with a toothbrush. The results are always stunning.

I curled Rarity's mane by brushing it out like I said above, then curling it around a barret. Next I pinned it into place and pulled it up with a small elastic. I put her under a lamp for about 2 hours, and when I unwound her hair it was curled just like the show. I did the same thing to her tail.

As for Dash, I brushed it, changed the part, and then barret it down. Now the part is different. Then I clipped it to the uneven, bangy nature of the show. It looks great!

I'll post pics later! :)

I would love to see pics!