Lovinity

Edit 19

Role Play: World of Equestria

Name: Lovinity Hearts

Sex: Female

Species: Pegasus

Eye colour: Pink

Coat: All-Maroon body with red shoes

Mane/Tail: Maroon / moderate-red-stripped flame-like mane. Maroon/moderate-red-twirled rounded thick tail... long but not touching ground.

Physique: Her size is about 15% smaller than most fillies her age. Normal weight for her size and type. Wing Power: [colour=#000000]3.1 in average flight. Up to 10.5 max speed.[/colour]

Residence: CloudsDale

Occupation:[colour=#ff0000] [/colour][colour=#000000]Main: Being personal love and support to other ponies. CloudsDale: Clearing clouds away and bring out the sun for places too wet, and bring about a refreshing rain to places too dry.[/colour]

Cutie Mark:

*DESCRIPTION: Red heart with a glowing golden infinity symbol under. The end of the red heart's point connects in-between the two circles of the infinity symbol.

*MEANING: [colour=#000000]Infinite Love[/colour]

[colour=#000000]*OBTAINED HOW/WHEN?:[/colour]

[colour=#000000] Lovinity had entered into a period of sadness about not knowing what her destiny was as a younger filly. One day as she was having a conversation with other fillies and colts, she spotted another filly in a worse position than she was.[/colour]

[colour=#000000] Lovinity went over to her and asked her what was wrong. Lovinity was an ear and a heart for this filly, providing strong love and personal support for her. The two fillies became friends instantly, and both Lovinity and the other filly noticed a positive change in how they felt.[/colour]

[colour=#000000] Over the course of a couple days, both Lovinity and the other filly were lifted up and feeling energetic and positive. But on the third day since they first met, the other filly said to Lovinity that she needed to go; she was away from her special some pony in a different town from being afraid to upset him, and she needed to return to him now that she felt a lot better. Lovinity gave her a very prized artifact that meant a lot to Lovinity: An (non-magical) amulet given to her by her family, which helped her go on and to remember that she is always loved and also to be love for others. The other filly burst into tears and hugged Lovinity tight; it meant a lot to her that Lovinity did that for her.[/colour]

[colour=#000000] As Lovinity said goodbye to the filly at the train station, she felt a strange sensation on her hip that she's never felt before. She looked at her hip and was wondering what was wrong, and she noticed she had just received her cutie mark.[/colour]

History[colour=#a52a2a]:[/colour]

[colour=#2C3635]She was born of Passion Flower and Doctor Lab.[/colour]

[colour=#2C3635]Passion Flower was a young stallion who was excellent at fixing things. He was also similar to Lovinity Hearts in the sense that he was there for other ponies who needed love. He also had a strong sense of passion and dedication; he didn't let anything step in the way of his destiny.[/colour]

[colour=#2C3635]Doctor Lab was a young mare with a dream to become a doctor. She's had a huge interest in pony anatomy as well as making line art for the Equestria news papers. Although she was mainly an introverted mare, she was an ear for those who needed to talk to some pony.[/colour]

[colour=#2C3635]As a foal, Lovinity was a very hyper and bubbly blank flank who loved to play around and make jokes. At first, she wanted to be a message server, delivering updates to Equestria as far as what CloudsDale had prepared for as far as the weather goes. But instead she took interest in the school's printing press. She was there for some time, writing various articles about a number of topics. Her content didn't get much recognition though, and so she decided to quit.[/colour]

[colour=#2C3635]She entered a period of sadness as she became a filly. She was upset that she still hadn't found her destiny and her cutie mark. She was often feeling down and often created rain where it wasn't needed.[/colour]

[colour=#2C3635]After a while, she earned her cutie mark after be-friending a lost and sad filly, providing her a great amount of love and support to bring her back on her hooves and ready to go back home in confidence.[/colour]

[colour=#2C3635]After receiving her cutie mark, Lovinity had realized what her destiny was: to bring much love and support to ponies who need it. After realizing this destiny, she had set out to express her love to other ponies. This in turn triggered a sharp boost in how Lovinity felt. She began to feel much happier, more energetic and bubbly, and more connected to other ponies and Equestria around her. She also developed the capability of shedding tears of joy, which she wasn't able to do before this time.[/colour]

[colour=#2C3635]Now, Lovinity feels a passion and a drive to continue her destiny. She's realized the magic of love, and how much it can make other ponies shine. She wants to continue sharing that, little by little, for she believes that love can change lives for the better.[/colour]

Character Summary:

[colour=#000000] [/colour][colour=#2C3635]Lovinity expresses many qualities in her personality: She loves to laugh and giggle, as well as cheer other ponies up. She loves [innocent and clean] jokes. She likes to have fun with other ponies by playing games, talking, visiting places and special events, and so on.[/colour]

[colour=#2C3635]She loves affection. She loves giving and receiving hugs. She likes to cuddle with ponies that she is close to as friends, or that need some pony to cuddle from being upset. She's also known to come up with random excuses to do something affectionate. One example is that another pony had whipped cream on her nose, and Lovinity asked her if she could lick it off.[/colour]

[colour=#2C3635]Her destiny is to be an image of love and support. She really loves being there for other ponies who need love and some pony to talk to. She's great at listening and talking on a very personal level with other ponies. She's wise when it comes to advice. She does what she can to provide acts of kindness both big and small. She's also known to be a friend for creatures and ponies that one wouldn't typically want to be friends with.[/colour]

[colour=#2C3635]She is very sensitive and empathetic, and is affected by her surroundings. She's an easy target for getting hurt or upset, but with her kind and optimistic personality she can get back up. She's known to over-react in stressful situations. When that happens, she usually has to go off away from the situation for a little time to take a breather. She prefers peace and wants to do everything she can to keep peace in a tense situation.[/colour]

[colour=#2C3635]Lovinity isn't picky when it comes to like and dislikes. She likes just about everything, but prefers friends who are similar to her in the sense that they cheer other ponies up. She likes to join other ponies in bringing cheer and love to others. [/colour]

[colour=#2C3635]Lovinity loves arts and crafts, as well as writing; she loves making things. She's also a fan of making personal hoof-made gifts instead of pre-made ones. In addition, Lovinity enjoys doing relaxing things with other ponies. She enjoys casual flights, relaxing spas, meditation, riding on clouds, and stretching to relieve tension. Lovinity likes to help out wherever it's needed, whether it's to help set up a special event, fix something, start something new, or clean up / tear down something old.[/colour]

[colour=#2C3635]Lovinity is fond of nature. She likes to take care of and have fun with other critters, as well as to help take care and preserve things such as trees, crops, fields, and gardens. She's inspired by what nature has to offer to ponies.[/colour]

Suggestions and feedback HIGHLY appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Edited by LovinityHearts

Oh my! There are still several mentions of Cast characters in this application :-o as well as a great deal of Lore that isn't Mane Rp accepted, On top of that your character is far too over powered, and is practically placing themselves on the same level of Celestia, while this app is a good Crossover Rp app, I'm afraid it is going to need a good deal of work done to become Mane Rp ready!

Also I am going to assume that since in Mane Rp there are no other Zebra's that live in the Everfree you mean Zecora.. if such that is also going to have to go, as Zecora's Rper I haven't given you permission to include her in your application.

Oh my! There are still several mentions of Cast characters in this application :-o as well as a great deal of Lore that isn't Mane Rp accepted, On top of that your character is far too over powered, and is practically placing themselves on the same level of Celestia, while this app is a good Crossover Rp app, I'm afraid it is going to need a good deal of work done to become Mane Rp ready!

Will do!

...removing Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie from the list.

...can probably see now why she was kicked out of CloudsDale.

Edit

...removing Zecora and Princess Cadence

...removing all references to the Element of Love

...hmm

Okay... right now that's as far as I can work on. I need to ask some questions to go further.

First off, Lore. What in the application specifically isn't RP accepted? I can probably take that out or revise it.

Secondly, same deal with over power. Her main duty probably is too overpowering. How should I downgrade that maybe? Also, should her magic be even more limited? If so, how? ...or should I trash the magic?

Edited by Lovinity

Will do!

...removing Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie from the list.

...can probably see now why she was kicked out of CloudsDale.

Edit

...removing Zecora and Princess Cadence

...removing all references to the Element of Love

...hmm

Okay... right now that's as far as I can work on. I need to ask some questions to go further.

First off, Lore. What in the application specifically isn't RP accepted? I can probably take that out or revise it.

Secondly, same deal with over power. Her main duty probably is too overpowering. How should I downgrade that maybe? Also, should her magic be even more limited? If so, how? ...or should I trash the magic?

All of it, the thousand years, her abilities, all of it, you are focusing far too much on making her a unique and special snowflake pony, Yes it would be best to remove her magic entirely since she isn't a unicorn..^^; YOu need to simplfy her and make her be more the flavour of the show! She doesn't seem like a character that would be on FIM, try focusing more on making her a sweet pony that likes to warm the hearts of those around her.

All of it, the thousand years, her abilities, all of it, you are focusing far too much on making her a unique and special snowflake pony, Yes it would be best to remove her magic entirely since she isn't a unicorn..^^; YOu need to simplfy her and make her be more the flavour of the show! She doesn't seem like a character that would be on FIM, try focusing more on making her a sweet pony that likes to warm the hearts of those around her.

Not sure what you mean by "thousand years" but I assume the dates.

Removing: abilities... magic... occupation... all date references... Character Summary... History.

Only keeping: Basic info.

Changing status to: WIP

Alright give me about a day or two and I'll try to come up with something... unless you'd like to help me out :)

Hi! I know you're frustrated. I would like to ask you to keep all information relative to this character in this thread. If you're sending PMs to staff and asking for things related to this character, information can get mixed up and it inhibits our ability to help you. I warned you before -- when you were inquiring about making this character a WoE character -- that it would be a process in itself that would take a lot of changes.

I see a lot of arguments regarding character OC "redesign" to make a character fit well with World of Equestria. This is the most common argument, and this is my response:

My OC won't be the same!

No, I suppose not. World of Equestria is designed to be a reflection of Friendship is Magic. If you won't see it in the cartoon itself, we probably will not welcome it in our game. I understand OCs are personal things, but it is also important to consider that you are a guest in our game, and it's polite to come dressed for the occasion. You would not wear a clown costume to a formal dance, and likewise you would not wear formal attire to a Halloween party (unless, of course, it was part of your costume). Don't you think it would be rather rude to impose a fantastic character with fantastic abilities on a roleplay with characters that are encouraged to function in a different way of design? Here, character personality and their roles within Equestria should shine in order to encourage interactions with other characters; not special abilities, tragic pasts, and elements that stomp on what this roleplay is about. That is why it is gated, and new players must go through the process of designing a character application -- they need to show us that they understand what this particular roleplay represents, and they have a fundamental grasp of how to play within it. They must understand what the rules are before they sit down to play. Some players have difficulty understanding this, and it is our job as the roleplay help team to give them guidance in this regard.

What I suggested you do is that you take certain parts of your character that you like, and design her in a way that compliments World of Equestria. Lovinity the OC still exists, and you may play her as you wish in Crossovers. If you are designing her for WoE, she must have a design to compliment that. While she may be a special and fantastic character over there, here she should be encouraged to focus on personality and in a way that would make for fun and interesting interaction with other characters. Any kind of world hopping time-travel stuff really does not belong here. Ask yourself if you would see this character in an episode of Friendship is Magic. If you answer yes, you're on the right design path.

Remember this is nothing personal against your creation -- you just must understand that we are treating this character application as one that will compliment the world we've designed, not yours. We have an entire team dedicated to helping you with this. Ask yourself if this is the right roleplay for you; if it's not, we have two other sub-forums that are appropriate for your play needs. Thanks for interest and patience!

~ Rose

• Like 1

Hi! I know you're frustrated. I would like to ask you to keep all information relative to this character in this thread. If you're sending PMs to staff and asking for things related to this character, information can get mixed up and it inhibits our ability to help you. I warned you before -- when you were inquiring about making this character a WoE character -- that it would be a process in itself that would take a lot of changes.

I see a lot of arguments regarding character OC "redesign" to make a character fit well with World of Equestria. This is the most common argument, and this is my response:

No, I suppose not. World of Equestria is designed to be a reflection of Friendship is Magic. If you won't see it in the cartoon itself, we probably will not welcome it in our game. I understand OCs are personal things, but it is also important to consider that you are a guest in our game, and it's polite to come dressed for the occasion. You would not wear a clown costume to a formal dance, and likewise you would not wear formal attire to a Halloween party (unless, of course, it was part of your costume). Don't you think it would be rather rude to impose a fantastic character with fantastic abilities on a roleplay with characters that are encouraged to function in a different way of design? Here, character personality and their roles within Equestria should shine in order to encourage interactions with other characters; not special abilities, tragic pasts, and elements that stomp on what this roleplay is about. That is why it is gated, and new players must go through the process of designing a character application -- they need to show us that they understand what this particular roleplay represents, and they have a fundamental grasp of how to play within it. They must understand what the rules are before they sit down to play. Some players have difficulty understanding this, and it is our job as the roleplay help team to give them guidance in this regard.

What I suggested you do is that you take certain parts of your character that you like, and design her in a way that compliments World of Equestria. Lovinity the OC still exists, and you may play her as you wish in Crossovers. If you are designing her for WoE, she must have a design to compliment that. While she may be a special and fantastic character over there, here she should be encouraged to focus on personality and in a way that would make for fun and interesting interaction with other characters. Any kind of world hopping time-travel stuff really does not belong here. Ask yourself if you would see this character in an episode of Friendship is Magic. If you answer yes, you're on the right design path.

Remember this is nothing personal against your creation -- you just must understand that we are treating this character application as one that will compliment the world we've designed, not yours. We have an entire team dedicated to helping you with this. Ask yourself if this is the right roleplay for you; if it's not, we have two other sub-forums that are appropriate for your play needs. Thanks for interest and patience!

~ Rose

I understood that being accepted as a woe pony was a process. However, assuming "everything" when I asked what was not accepted, I thought in addition to the magic, her history personality and occupation was also not accepted.

Unless I overlooked things, the only possible way I could keep Lovinity in this application in what I can see is if I downgrade her to a blank flank wth no present occupation (still learning what she is to do). I cannot edit the personality she had, therefore if it isn't accepted, I'll have to cut her personality out making her similar to a CMC.

This is all, unless something else can be thought of.

As far as the application goes, I don't want to cancel yet, but it is very much looking like I will ask for that in the near future.

Sorry for confusing everyone up. I thought what I wanted to say would not have a place on this actual appliction, and so I sent the pm.

Sorry for the double post.

(sigh) Okay honestly I will say that I thought Lovinity was capable of being a FIM character if it were possible. But now that I see it with how other people have brought up the fact she's overpowering and my inability to change that to good levels, she is far from being a FIM pony.

The only possible way for her to be able to do what she is meant to do without it breaking the laws of magic etc. is for her to be a princess. However, there are many reasons why she should not be a princess:

A) Alicorns are hated as OCs.

B) She wasn't meant to be a princess; she doesn't have the capability

C) It would be completely pointless to be a princess since we already have Princess Cadence.

She isn't fit to be an earth pony or unicorn either... she needs to fly to do what she's supposed to do. And in order to do what she's supposed to do, sure she could do without the magic, but even then people, like but not limited to you, think that her duty / destiny / occupation alone is beyond limits.

Therefore, considering all of these, as much as I hate to do this because Lovinity means a lot to me and is a part of who I am, I should abandon her and kill her off. She's a bad OC. It's obvious.

Unless there is something you wish to say to me to help me out here, I request termination of the application... and I will possibly eventually terminate Lovinity as a whole which will also mean a request for account termination (No OC means no reason to be here). But if there's anything to say, please please say it first before I do anything.

Edited by Lovinity

I am sorry you feel that way! But I don't think there is any way to change this while keeping what you originally wanted, It saddens me you feel like you need to leave over this! However I will make it known you wish for this application to be locked :) And the best of luck to you in your future endevors!

I want to make it clear that just because your character as you have designed her does not fit within the rules and standards of the World of Equestria game does not necessarily mean that it is a bad character. Our rules are not in place to judge OCs. Your character falling outside of the scope of what we allow does not mean anything more than just that. It might feel like we're rejecting you, but that's not how it's intended at all.

Different games are right for different people; we have quite a number of users who only play in the Free RP and have no World of Equestria characters. If you're having fun and enjoying the play you've experienced in the Free RP sections, then I would urge you to continue doing that. There's no reason to stop there just because you're unable to fit this character into a game that's not right for her.

I just urge you to consider all your options before deciding to leave Canterlot.com permanently.

• Like 1

I have a new idea! What about making a new OC with a completely new name and identity, just for WoE? We'd be happy to walk you through the design process of making a character, no problem.

Would you try, just give it a chance? You might find that you'll start to understand.

• Like 1

I have a new idea! What about making a new OC with a completely new name and identity, just for WoE? We'd be happy to walk you through the design process of making a character, no problem.

Would you try, just give it a chance? You might find that you'll start to understand.

Aye, if you go with Rosies idea and make a new character from the ground up I'll be happy to help!

Okay. I will give it a shot.

However Lovinity is the only OC I would ever want. So with that, I'll do this:

I will completely start Lovinity over from scratch... in other words erase everything about her except her appearance (that I cannot change for sure). I will keep her personality in mind but I will not set it down yet. Her history we can re-work. And her occupation will most definitely need a start-over.

...I cannot change her occupation and limit her enough for her to be accepted and still be who she is if I were to have kept her as-is before... but if I completely re-birth her, that changes things and makes it possible, at least in my opinion.

Question: Pegasus ponies have a magic of their own according to a couple articles I read... just like Rainbow Dash. Is that true?

Let the re-birth begin. Thank you very much for your offers to help. This was an option I did not see :) Thank you for bringing it up.

...if this application closes, as long as it was alright that I re-birth Lovinity, I will re-open a new application under a WIP and call it "Lovinity 2.0" if that's alright.

Edited by Lovinity

You can actually change the topic title using the edit feature, and use this same thread! Howzabout "Lovinity Twopoint" or something for a name? Pegasi in WoE have an ability to manipulate weather, but we don't consider it "magic" in a term of the sense, as that is the fundamental realm of unicorns.

You can actually change the topic title using the edit feature, and use this same thread! Howzabout "Lovinity Twopoint" or something for a name? Pegasi in WoE have an ability to manipulate weather, but we don't consider it "magic" in a term of the sense, as that is the fundamental realm of unicorns.

Ohh okay that's what they meant. Thanks for the clarification!

And I shall do that. But I mean for example the application I think was already submitted for lock so if it were to happen I'd restart it under a new title. But I will rename it anyhow :)

I decided I'll rename it to "Lovinity Hearts". Lovinity never did have a last name, so for her re-birth I'll give her a last name.

Edited by Lovinity

(Sorry for double-post but I have some ideas to share)

Okay, here are my first ideas. Please tell me what you think.

For occupation, instead of having something so vast like balancing love across Equestria, we're going to leave that up to Princess Cadence to do (I'm not going to say that though in the application).

Lovinity's occupation could be on the lines of being personal love and support to other ponies. Simple and not so "upper level".

Lovinity's CloudsDale duty (she has to have one since she's a pegasus) will be to help create rain to areas that need it, and to help clear away clouds (to bring out the sun) to areas that are too wet.

Her history could start out as something like this (the history will be a lot different but I might still be able to make it resemble some real-life experiences in a discrete way):

She was born of Pat Hearts and Maddi Hearts (I don't think there's any OCs with this name... so if that's true I'll use these names unless otherwise suggested something else).

Pat Hearts was a young colt who was excellent at fixing things. He was also similar to Lovinity Hearts in the sense that he was there for other ponies who needed love. He also had a strong sense of passion and dedication; he doesn't let anything step in the way of his destiny.

Maddi Hearts was a mare with a dream to become a doctor (she wasn't/isn't one yet). She's had a huge interest in pony anatomy as well as making line art for the Equestria news papers. Although she was mainly an introverted mare, she was an ear for those who needed to talk to some pony.

As a very young Lovinity, she was a very hyper and bubbly blank flank who loved to play around and make jokes. At first, she wanted to be a message server, delivering updates to Equestria as far as what CloudsDale had prepared for as far as the weather goes. But instead she took interest in the school's printing press. She was there for some time, writing various articles about a number of topics. Her content didn't get much recognition though, and so she decided to quit.

She entered a period of sadness as she grew up. She was upset that she still hadn't found her destiny and her cutie mark. She was often feeling down and often created rain where it wasn't needed.

One day as she was having a conversation with other fillies and colts, she spotted another filly in a worse position than she was. Lovinity went over to her and asked her what was wrong. Lovinity was an ear and a heart for this filly, providing strong love and personal support for her. The two fillies became friends instantly, and both Lovinity and the other filly noticed a positive change in how they felt. Over the course of a couple days, both Lovinity and the other filly were lifted up and feeling energetic and positive. But on the third day since they first met, the other filly said to Lovinity that she needed to go; she was away from her special some pony in a different town from being afraid to upset him, and she needed to return to him now that she felt a lot better. Lovinity gave her a very prized artifact that meant a lot to Lovinity: An (non-magical) amulet given to her by her family, which helped her go on and to remember that she is always loved and also to be love for others. The other filly burst into tears and hugged Lovinity tight; it meant a lot to her that Lovinity did that for her.

As Lovinity said goodbye to the filly at the train station, she felt a strange sensation on her hip that she's never felt before. She looked at her hip and was wondering what was wrong, and she noticed she had just received her cutie mark.

I like the new name! Don't worry about this thread getting locked -- it won't be. Lime is busy helping other applications, so a new RPH will be popping in to help you with this character very soon. I like what I see so far! I don't think you'll have very much trouble getting approval soon, as I think the character is much more complex and interesting for the roleplay type she is intended for. :)

Thank you for the comments!

I still need to add more to the history, which is what I'll work on... because it still does not reflect up to present.

I do have couple questions... suggestions for different first names of Pat Hearts and Maddi Hearts?

Pat and Maddi are people names and not pony names... and the names I come up with are pretty much already taken.

If Pat and Maddi are okay, I'll keep them but I'd prefer to come up with something else :)

EDIT 3: Moved all Cutie Mark information to the Cutie Mark section outside of history.

Edited by Lovinity

Hello Lovinity; I'll be your new RP Helper for this app. Concerning your revisions, I just want to remind you that your OC isn't necessarily required to have pegasus duties along with her counseling job. She's welcome to have two jobs if she wants, but by no means are pegasi forced to perform weather tasks against their will, at least for the purposes of this RP. :)

@Parent names: Indeed, names based off of real-life names are frowned upon. Additionally, a pony does not take up their spouse's last name upon marriage. However, you are not required to name your OC's parents should you be unable to come up with more appropriate names, so don't try to dwell too much on them. After all, the focus of the app should be on the OC herself. XD

@Cutie mark: You are free to describe your OC's cutie mark story in the CM field; if you do that, you won't be required to repeat the CM story in the history section. As a matter of fact, we encourage you to do this. :D

• Like 1

@Pegasus duties: Actually her CloudsDale duty isn't against her will. I feel it will actually compliment her occupation. I plan to keep it, unless you'd like me not to.

@names: I didn't know about the spouse name. Okay that may actually make it a little easier then.

Does a pony pick up a last name after Father, or Mother, or none?

@Cutie Mark: It'd be kind of hard for me to not have it in history and solely in the cutie mark section, but I can try and see what I can do :) It shouldn't be impossible to do... nothing's impossible haha.

1. Your OC will be able to have two jobs, of course. I just wanted to remind you that pegasi in WoE are free to opt out of weather jobs, in case you wanted to know.

2. Ponies don't inherit surnames, period. The norm for families is to have the names for their members stick to an overriding theme, like with the Apple family and all their apple-based names.

3. I assure you that it's very much possible; most users applying for characters insert their CM story in the manner that I've described. :)

I just made an edit adding in:

*That her age is around the equivalency of 13 human years

*Her wing power is 3.1 average flight, 10.5 max flight (This is rough... may need to be changed if you suggest to)

*Changing the cutie mark information from history to the Cutie Mark section. If it is alright, I added in a single sentence in her history about when she obtained the cutie mark.

I will make an additional edit shortly hopefully with some decent names :)

EDIT: How does the names Passion Flower and Doctor Lab sound? I could not find any OCs with those names.

Edited by Lovinity

We do not use human years to define the age of ponies in WoE, because we don't know for certain at what rate ponies age in the FiM universe. Henceforth, please only stick to terms like foal, filly, and mare when defining a pony's age.

Other than that, feel free to proceed with your edits. ;)

PS: Passion Flower and Doctor Lab work great!