Equestria High: The rebirth

There have been alot of humanized pony highschools, but IMHO, this one reigns supreme, so what do you

say everypony, wanna rebuild it, start fresh?

Click here to read about the roleplay and read how I royally screwed it up (Don't worry this time I'm

not gonna be myself, I'm gonna be Nightwing, so no pulling out grenades on people just because they

bumped into me.)

http://www.canterlot...ooc-discussion/

Now let me tell you about the new version.

Like the old version, this one will be less strict about how "realistic" the highschool is. But unlike the old version, we don't want random people making up events that interrupt the entire RP. (See the post about the council system below)

And we want the majority of players to be average students, as in, unlike the original version, Vigilante characters are first come, first serve and have to have secret identities.

We also don't want the focus of the roleplay to be romance as that practically ruined the original.

Here are some things I have planned for this new one:

A lockdown scenario (Note: This will be discussed in council ALOT before it actually happens, and will be discussed in this post, in order to make sure we respect actual events when schools had to go into lockdown)

Returning Characters:

Ace: A bullyhall monitor. Has anger management issues, lives in a rich neighborhood, gets all the popular girls, and brags about all of his pros despite his many cons.

Pawn: a SERIOUS perfectionist

Fresh meat:

(Note:The new characters get longer descriptions due to the original thread already describing the original characters)

Richard Graycolt/Nightwing: Grew up as a circus acrobat till 5 years old but practiced acrobatics everyday after in memory of his parents. Was adopted by millionaire Bruce Mane, both him and Bruce know that money can't make you happy if you lose a loved one. Bruce, being the Batpony, trained Richard to become Robin, after his days as Robin, Richard wanted to continue the vigilante life, so he became Nightwing

Tyrael: A happy go lucky pretty boy who has had a great life, and is rather optimistic about things.

Mane Six:

Pinkie Pie: not taken

Twilight Sparkle: Not Taken

Applejack: Not Taken

Fluttershy: Not taken

Rainbow Dash: Not Taken

Rarity: In consideration for Deadpool

LOCKDOWN SCENARIO (READ IF ABLE): This is something that will be taken into serious consideration. Will happen mid RP, and will also cause a FEW ponies to find out the identities of the two vigilante ponies.

Why are we talking about it when most of the major events are going to be secret?

Because, we want every character to take this seriously.

We all know the emotional impact of just hearing about Columbine, Sandy Hook, or Aurora. So imagine the impact it has on our characters.

This could be the moment of development that starts romance. The moment a character sees another character violently murdered (make sure NOT to put it into detail.) in front of them is a moment of tension and drama.

Note: some BACKGROUND characters are going to die no matter what, but none of

YOUR characters HAVE to die.

IMO it was actually me, QueenChrysalis747 and Dopple that screwed it up, I went all Liam Neeson/Taken on Dopple and Dopple/QC one-liner spammed it to death.

HOWEVER, I am interested in starting it up again and that grenade incident was pure lulz, I hope we have that kind of random craziness happen this time around. :lol:

I remember the random ships popping up. That's what drove a lot of people away from the RP, now let's make it a rule, that if

you are going to have 2 characters be in a relationship. Take the time to DEVELOP them from friendship forward.

I remember the random ships popping up. That's what drove a lot of people away from the RP, now let's make it a rule, that if

you are going to have 2 characters be in a relationship. Take the time to DEVELOP them from friendship forward.

True but all the one liners that just wouldn't stop coming that made it difficult to even find the other RP-er's post and besides Equestria-High was my first serious RP I was still new at the time. I've never finished an RP because something always happens that prevents it's completion, I want that to change during my time here.

Also agreed on that shipping development rule.

True but all the one liners that just wouldn't stop coming that made it difficult to even find the other RP-er's post and besides Equestria-High was my first serious RP I was still new at the time. I've never finished an RP because something always happens that prevents it's completion, I want that to change during my time here.

Agreed, and people need to APPLY. (They can just link to their currently made characters)

We should be very loose about applications (Yes we can have awesome Vigilante ponies, heck I'm playing as Nightwing)

, but no superpowered mega ponies like in the last one unless they are side characters.

Agreed, and people need to APPLY. (They can just link to their currently made characters)

We should be very loose about applications (Yes we can have awesome Vigilante ponies, heck I'm playing as Nightwing)

, but no superpowered mega ponies like in the last one unless they are side characters.

^

This however my OC in the last one wasn't OP he had flaws and weaknesses and was very skilled but the amount of OP characters made it difficult for the RP to be taken seriously, also no Changelings if you intend to powergame/mary sue the frak out of this, you can have changelings for comedy and maybe a bit of drama but no shape-shifting for the sake of powergaming.

Also no, and I mean NO one liner responses. Be creative and not lazy.

First my app and then some news

http://www.canterlot...14160-Nightwing

Now for the news

Okay, I have a new system implemented.

The council system!

We have a council. Who debates what Kinds of whacky events that effect all characters should happen.

The council shall be composed of three people and shall be carried out via PM

Though I can guarantee one event occurring that effects everyone

ju9uvu2a.jpg(Richard Graycolt)(

will become edymezar.jpg(Nightwing)

During school hours, however this will happen somewhere late or mid rp

And will be triggered by a major event, most likely a lockdown caused by a gang of shooters.

Of course, players need to make an agreement contract to play as Special vigilante characters

Let me make one for Nightwing right now

'As Richard Graycolt, I will not become Nightwing during school hours unless under certain circumstances.

I will not attack my fellow students unless under certain circumstances (Physical bullying, student possesses a gun, etc)

I will not do over the top stunts unless in Nightwing costume.'

I believe that the RP has potential if it is

Somewhat moderated compared to not moderated at all like the original.

There were VERY INTERESTING plot threads that were thrown away for pointless romance, such as me finding the body tape outline, which suggested that the dance room was the scene of a crime from a long time ago.

So lets try to make sure the plot threads are all interesting, also

Drugs will always, ALWAYS lead to an interesting and dramatic plot thread, if the players are not making sure of this

Then Nightwing will when school hours end.

Another rule: we can only have a certain number of Awesome vigilante ponies.

I'll take this one to the council before enforcing it.

The maximum number is yet to be determined, but it will be no more than 4 if I have a say in it

I am truly sorry if this rule bothers you, but you are still allowed to fight alongside the vigilante ponies, however to quote The Incredibles

"When everyone's a superhero, noone will be."

And just because you can't be a vigilante doesn't mean you can't live an exciting life, you could be a celebrity or in a gang or some other exciting thing (and we WILL make sure the vigilante ponies don't god mod)

Also

Mane six and other canonical characters are open to play as but no making any of them vigilantes

(Mare do well can be played as but her alter ego must be an OC)

I'm totally joining again! I remember how awesome it was when I first played RP'd it. So what should I do for the app? Just basic stuff (name, species, description, personality, history) or is there some extra stuff?

Sweet!

Name: Pawn

Species: (Human) Unicorn

Description:

request__firereaven23__pt_1__by_re_xiovi-d5c9n31.png

Personality: Pawn looks like a completely sane, high class Canterlotian to most people. Any person who shared a room with him for more then 20 seconds would know just how crazy he is. His perfectionist attitude is so extreme, if something he makes is slightly off the way he imagined, he will destroy it and start over. He refuses to have less then 100%. He gets very emotional easily, and has a tendency to call people 'lowlives' when they give him a bad first impression, usually making him the target for bullying and teasing. He is usually selfish, but will help a person if they very (VERY) clearly need help. Because of his perfectionist behaviour, he usually locks himself away at home to study to do perfectly at school, and has basically no social life. He is stressed from his high expectations, and resents his parents for their high standards.

History: Pawn originally grew up in Canterlot. When he was still a foal, his parents divorced, seperating him from his father and brother. His mother raised him the Canterlot way, with high expectations and giving him an antisocial personality. After he entered high school, she felt he wasn't doing perfectly, and sent him to live with his father in (wherever this takes place). He is the target for bullying because of his craziness, though he usually ignores most teasing. Until they call him imperfect.

I'm not sure what's going on but i want to be apart of it. I see hero/ vigilante any thoughts on some type of villain?

Right now we need more players, personally, the max number of vigilante characters I want is two, however, with the council system, the number might become bigger or smaller.

Personally I know noone wants to be the villain and honestly I don't want the villains being students, but characters that the vigilante ponies will face after school hours.

The reason is because then the Lockdown would resemble Columbine a bit too much. Something I want to avoid. I only want to resemble the emotional impact.

Here is a villain who Nightwing will face at least 3 times before a very epic and dramatic battle at the lockdown.

I'm putting spoiler tags around it so that people who don't want to know won't until it happens.

TWOFACE1.jpg

Horsey Dent, an ex prosecutor, originally one of Bruce Mane's best friends, and like a father to Richard Graycolt. Horsey is now

Two-face. A fallen hero turned mafia leader, who lets people live or die based purely on chance, he attacks the school because of it hosting a very successful fundraiser for bigger paychecks at Equestria Police Department.

And for those of you worried that the Lockdown is gonna steal the spotlight, and make this overly violent and nothing like a highschool.

FEAR NOT!

I have a whole crapload of events planned to discuss with the council.

I've already messaged Emerath and ShadowWalking18 to be in council, as they both played MAJOR roles in keeping the original fun.

I don't really like the sound of bully, ill apply for just regular.

Name: Tyrael

Species: Unicorn

Personality: Tyrael is very cocky about almost everything unless he is clueless on the subject then he is honest and willing to learn. Tyrael in genuinely a nice guy if you get the chance to talk to him, but most of the time people just see him for face value and ether hate him or just ignore him. Most of Tyraels friends know him as a fun happy go lucky kinda guy and likes to pop a joke from time to time and is willing to lend a hand to anyone in need. Although Tyrael sometimes doesn't think before he speaks. Speaking out of line or hurting someones feelings, but he is quick to apologies after he does. If ever Tyrael is faced with an problem he will consider every solution to the problem, even if most people would not agree with some of them.

Past: Tyrael grew up with a loving family from a young foul but as he grew the family split and fragmented, he held the ones that he cared for most close to him even now he does. Because of that he can be a bit clingy. Tyraels life has been great Social life, money, and a little bit of traveling. He may sometimes complain about things but he eventually realizes how fortunate he is. He is excited to move somewhere new meet new people and make new friends hopefully, at hi new school.

I don't really like the sound of bully, ill apply for just regular.

Name: Tyrael

Species: Unicorn

Personality: Tyrael is very cocky about almost everything unless he is clueless on the subject then he is honest and willing to learn. Tyrael in genuinely a nice guy if you get the chance to talk to him, but most of the time people just see him for face value and ether hate him or just ignore him. Most of Tyraels friends know him as a fun happy go lucky kinda guy and likes to pop a joke from time to time and is willing to lend a hand to anyone in need. Although Tyrael sometimes doesn't think before he speaks. Speaking out of line or hurting someones feelings, but he is quick to apologies after he does. If ever Tyrael is faced with an problem he will consider every solution to the problem, even if most people would not agree with some of them.

Past: Tyrael grew up with a loving family from a young foul but as he grew the family split and fragmented, he held the ones that he cared for most close to him even now he does. Because of that he can be a bit clingy. Tyraels life has been great Social life, money, and a little bit of traveling. He may sometimes complain about things but he eventually realizes how fortunate he is. He is excited to move somewhere new meet new people and make new friends hopefully, at hi new school.

ALRIGHT! NEW PLAYER!

Eh...sorry to be a downer but im not gonna join this time around...still to off colt for me, excuse the pun. But aside, its just still to open and limitless....i'm all for randomness and fun, but with an rp like this i need a stricter guidelines...the fact that your gonna.again..play a superhero pony makes me uneasy...so sorry, not his time dead. but too all, enjoy anywho, goodbye ;P