Ideas for a costume

kat

So, I'm going to this summer camp in a few days. Every year, they have a "Halloween", where people have costumes and do crap. Since i'm not good with ideas, and you guys are a pretty creative bunch, I was thinking I could enlist your creative powers. I'm not really wanting things that aren't MLP related, but if you have a good idea, go ahead.. I'm looking for something that's not going to make people think i'm weird, like a full-on twilight sparkle cosplay, but something rather simple. I just need ideas, so suggestions would be fine. Also, i need to be able to buy the materials at a store, and assemble them rather easily.

Thanks!

Schroedinger's cat.

1. Wear a black t-shirt with the word "alive?" painted on the front and "dead?" painted on the back.

2. Put on cat ears.

3. ???

4. PROFIT.

Wait you want to dress up as something MLP but not a pony and you don't want them to think you're weird? :S

I guess I should elaborate on this a bit as well. I'd like for it to be something pony-related, but nothing like a:

full-on twilight sparkle cosplay

But if you have an idea that's not really something MLP that you think is good, don't be afraid to suggest it!

Well, if its going to be MLP related, I would ideally suggest trying to buy these and/or these, but I suspect that you don't have much time left to buy shoes online and deal with waiting for a package or two before summer camp starts.

Regardless of that, the only thing I can think of currently is "representing" your favorite pony by wearing an apporiately colored shirt, pants (and maybe a wig/hat) and making some sort of cuite mark out of scratch to slap on your shirt.

I realize that the latter isn't anything but creative, but I can't think of anything better at the moment. Unless you want to wear a blond wig, wear a gray colored shirt and pants, and wildly run about, blowing bubbles and screaming "Muffins!" on costume day or whatever it is. :P

Well, if its going to be MLP related, I would ideally suggest trying to buy these and/or these, but I suspect that you don't have much time left to buy shoes online and deal with waiting for a package or two before summer camp starts.
...i need to be able to buy the materials at a store...
Regardless of that, the only thing I can think of currently is "representing" your favorite pony by wearing an apporiately colored shirt, pants (and maybe a wig/hat) and making some sort of cuite mark out of scratch to slap on your shirt.

I realize that the latter isn't anything but creative, but I can't think of anything better at the moment. Unless you want to wear a blond wig, wear a gray colored shirt and pants, and wildly run about, blowing bubbles and screaming "Muffins!" on costume day or whatever it is. :P

I was thinking something Derpy related... I could get bubbles, and wear all gray, but i have no blonde hair... I might consider that though!

You could cosplay as pretty much anypony who has a similar hairstyle to yours if you get that spray-on dye that comes off in the shower. Then wear an outfit the same colour as the pony, draw a cutie mark on an index card and cut around the shape, and glue the cutie mark to your hip. For a unicorn, make a horn out of something or other and put it on a headband, and for a pegasus, just make wings out of cardboard or something and pin 'em to your back. I've put a lot of thought into this, since I'm thinking of maybe doing a Pinkie Pie cosplay sometime. =3 Feel free to steal any of my ideas.

I was a pony for halloween. I just got some iron on crystal patches, purple shirt and pants, made some felt ears and my friend went and bought some cheap hair weave for our manes and tails. Not the most elaborate costumes but everyone knew what we were.

You could always get a baseball hat and make Derpy's google eyes on it and sew fake hair on it kind of like the Goofy hats at Disney world.