Your thoughts on the Wii U?

*Fan girl screams*

I want it! I NEED it!

It looks like nintendo's finaly gonna be on Par with Xbox and Playstation!

Wii U might not have as powerfull ram as other consoles does but its graphic capabilities are going to leave microsoft in the dust in ten seconds flat!

I was afraid i would have to start using playstation but NOPE! nintendo is still in race and they already made it clear with Super mario bros U that there's gonna be tons of fun time from here on out!

My only fear is that it won't be as easy to hack it as the Wii was,homebrew stuff gives us just what nintendo didn't. (Like a GOOD youtube on wii experience)

original.jpg

• Like 1

*Fan girl screams*

I want it! I NEED it!

It looks like nintendo's finaly gonna be on Par with Xbox and Playstation!

Wii U might not have as powerfull ram as other consoles does but its graphic capabilities are going to leave microsoft in the dust in ten seconds flat!

I was afraid i would have to start using playstation but NOPE! nintendo is still in race and they already made it clear with Super mario bros U that there's gonna be tons of fun time from here on out!

My only fear is that it won't be as easy to hack it as the Wii was,homebrew stuff gives us just what nintendo didn't. (Like a GOOD youtube on wii experience)

First, I wouldn't go to heavy on the graphics argument. The graphics capability will be undermined come Christmas time this year. However, graphics aren't really everything (and I really don't care how high tech the graphics are), and Nintendo has made some good games without the high specs.

Secondly (at least concerning youtube), the internet browser on the Wii U is surprisingly exceptional. Although the actual youtube app is crud, using the internet browser for youtube is a neat and an easy experience. It's arguably the best on a device that isn't a home computer.

• Like 1

Fun fact: In the history of videogames, never has the graphically most capable console been the most successful one. Something to keep in mind. :)

I'm actually not completely surprised at that fact, but it's still interesting. Maybe it's because the less graphically capable consoles were able to rake in the most profits, or at least were cheaper and thus broadened the number of people who could but it?

On that thought, I think what the Wii U lacks the most at the moment is good exclusives.

Unfortunately, this is true. However, this has started to change, albeit slowly, with the release of Lego City and Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate.

The motion stuff doesn't really interest me either. In my opinion, it doesn't seem like a vast improvement on the Wii anyway.

There really wasn't an emphasis on the motion controls on the Wii U to begin with. In fact, there is a greater emphasis on standard dual stick controllers than motion controls. The gamepad is the main focus, and it is surprisingly more useful than expected. Plus there is a mayor improvement in graphics, and there's additional support for third party content.

The Wii U is performing horribly on a global scale, and for good reason. First and foremost, the system launched with a very small library of games. Half of the "hyped" Wii U launch titles were re-releases of previously released games on other systems (Arkham City, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, etc). Second, the hardware is costly to replace, and is difficult to do so. A replacement gamepad will set you back almost $90 and you can only order a replacement through Nintendo, as they are not available in retail stores. Choosing to launch the Wii U so early was also, in hindsight, a mistake. All of the hype and momentum for the Wii U is now gone, and Nintendo is going to get crushed by Microsoft and Sony at this year's E3, as they roll out details and demos for their new consoles.

Bottom line, the Wii U is not doing well across the globe, and I do not think that it a very bright future. Nintendo has always been the one to embrace innovation and "gimmicks", and it has payed off well for them in the past. With the Wii U, I believe they (Nintendo) relied far too heavily on innovation to carry hardware sales and not enough on a solid list of launch titles. I would not be surprised if in 3-5 years, Nintendo and the Wii U end up in a good spot, however the next couple years are almost inevitably going to be rough for them.

Well to be honest I want one...but just because I can get the new Monster Hunter. I mean it seems that with the Wii U Nintendo is continuing it's trend of still having the weakest system tech-wise because the specs for the Playstation 4 blow the Wii U out of the water, but tech isn't everything right? I mean if they have great titles for the Wii U than the system should succeed, but that's the problem, they don't. I suppose they are just waiting for the new Xbox and Playstation to come out before releasing their hit titles and I can see their point. The least I can say is that the Wii U is better than the Wii!

Hmmmm personally I think it has a chance to be good. If developers start, you know, actually taking advantage of the second screen, instead of being stupid about it and putting the exact same picture on it that's on the big screen...... Really they do that it's stupid, I know nintendo only made the second screen to try and get into the very profitable tablet market, and failed. Fact is though failures like that have a chance to trigger amazing things. This is one of those rare chances, take nintendo's mistake of making what should have been a portable device, stationary and use the second screen for other things like maps (which some games are already doing and doing well) menu options, hints, the list is near endless. As stated though it's only a chance, if nobody makes good use of it, then well this console will probably flop.