Mended Heart [Ready]

Frost137

Roleplay Type: WoE

Name: Mended Heart (Sparkles)

Sex: Female

Species: Unicorn

Eye colour: Neon green, it doesn't glow but it is a bright lime green.

Coat: A rather odd kind of gray. It's like a murky dark colour after many uses of paint water. But in short, it looks like a really dark gray. Sometimes she wears a white cat beret with ears.

Mane/Tail: Carnation pink. Her mane has a punk-ish style to it. Her bangs covers her forehead and sweeps diagonally to the right when looking at her face. Her tail is similar. Tail is straight and in many layers.

Physique: Average sized pony by weight. But she is taller than the average pony.

Residence: Canterlot

Cutie Mark: Mended Heart was a late bloomer unlike her class. She got her cutie mark in her mid filly years. That made everypony have the urge to laugh at her and tease her about it.

There's this one stallion Sparkles really liked, but was much older. He was her good friend also. But the problem was he liked some other mare of his age. Mended Heart was heartbroken. But one day as they were hanging out, he asked what should he do to ask her? Mended suggested getting her favorite flowers and just be kind to her. So he did. That worked so the two were in a relationship. As long as Mended Hearts' friend was happy, she is happy no matter if he was with somepony else.

One day the two broke up. He went up to Mended Heart and told her everything. Clearly in the relationship there was a misunderstanding. Mended Heart said just to tell her what was going on. Suddenly the mare appeared to both of them, and Sparkle's friend told her everything. Everything got together and the misunderstanding were understood. This made Sparkles really happy, then she felt something different. The two couples saw her cutie mark: two broken pieces of a heart mended together.

History: After a tragic death to her dad, Mended Heart lived with her mum and her two older siblings, brother and sister, in Canterlot. To this day she deeply misses her dad. It was very hard for her family since they didn't have enough money but they managed through. Mended Heart was able to go to school, but at that time everyone made fun of her because she was poor and began calling her names. So she had a few friends. She even had a crush on him, (as in the cutie mark story). As school went on she was able to learn and go through school drama. She was able to write and make stories for her classmates. Then some of her friends were skateboarding one day and she wanted to try! She eventually got better at skateboarding. Mended Heart also tried to enter many contests in school, but mostly won in third place. She tried her best during her filly years. She didn't get the best grades, but tolerable enough.

When Mended Heart was able to take care of herself and was responsible, she lived in her own house. To this day she lives by herself in Canterlot writing love stories to those who want to waste their time. She started out with a small story that became grand in her mind. She sent it to many publishers but they denied it until one company loved it. More than several ponies loved it, even the Canterlot newspapers did an article on it and once everpony had laid eyes on it, they wanted to read it. Mostly everypony loved it. The book was called Pony Falls. Hopefully, she finds an important somepony and live with him forever and maybe a better life than before.

Character Summary: Mended Heart received the nickname "Sparkles" from her mum. When she was born, she was born under the twinkling stars and moon. The light reflected off of the gooey mess that gave her the look of sparkly. She hasn't known that by now, but her mum keeps that a secret. She honestly gets really annoyed when her siblings make fun of her nickname, because they know the reason behind it so there's a reason to laugh about it.

Mended Heart has many talents ranging from a person who knows who's the right somepony and how to deal with them to photography and to writing. Photography is just her hobby that passes the time. Being the love doctor helps her friends or others, she does this for free and does it for those who ask. But she's good at it. Her writing skills, well she needs the skill the most to live off her mortgage, survival, and for her mum.

Her goal in life is that there's somepony out there that wasn't hit by some carriage. She is on a journey to find him! She dreams that she lives in a mansion with him and have children with him. Pretty much have a good life. The reason she wants a guy in her life is because she is searching for a man in her life since her dad died. She also wants to find the greatest friends who will understand her and love her no matter who she is. Even if she claims lies about herself, they will be there.

Mended Heart loves a lot of things quite frankly. It ranges to ice cream (or anything sweet) to cats and to skateboarding. Skateboarding? Yes. Can't a mare like thrills? Oh and when it comes to stallions, she absolutely loves them! (If they are attractive of course). She loves the cool, rainy days after the hot sun. She also likes to bake and loves rock music. She also tends to dislike things also. She hates being tickled, ponies knowing her past, large crowds of ponies, and... Mondays.

Mended Heart is a pony who tends to be shy and socially awkward when it comes to ponies she doesn't know yet. But attractive stallions? She's flirting with them no matter who they are unless they're married. But once you get to know her she is a rambunctious mare to the point where she acts "cute" or like as a filly. She might act like an airhead sometimes. Some say she acts like a tomboy, some say she acts like a posh unicorn. She is both depending on the situation. When she is mad, she becomes a bit rampant. When she is sad, she hides in her room and becomes negative.

One thing that it notable is that she is very negative on things. Always finding the bad and stays with it.

What makes her so special as a friend? She is kind since being kind is the right thing to do. Her loyalty to her friends are unbreakable especially those who are really close, she knows that they too are special to her and they're hers! Somewhat selfish but she might share. If she shares you her past, she really trusts you. Honest? Depending on the situation. She's a bad liar, if she is lying she will laugh nervously.

She fears that the world is about to end after a horrible situation, nobody cares about her, and her dearest to her getting hurt.

Additional: Mended Heart has a pet cat. Her name is Shimmer and has a gray coat. She's there to help her with her issues and gets annoyed by Mended Heart a lot of the times.

It is a random gag that she "teleports" from random objects. i.e She randomly pops out of boxes. "Hey I found you! Oh-mi-gosh guess what!?"

Talks in a high pitched voice. Very odd to think about because she looks like she can have a deeper voice than her usual.

gallery_6599_636_10451.png

Hey there Frosty! I'll be helping you with this app!

Overall I like the idea of the character! There are a few things that need to be tweaked before this is WoE stampable though!

[colour=#ff0000]The first depiction always misleads ponies so they think breaking hearts is her select talent, but it's not.[/colour]

Honestly, this is unnecessary. First, I don't think that would be anypony's first inclination to that cutie mark. Secondly, I really don't know what you mean by "Depicted in two ways." There is only one depiction, which is a broken heart being mended by three threads. Maybe it has multiple interpretations, but really that sort of detail is not really relevant. You should focus on what it actually means, not improper interpretations.

[colour=#ff0000]This event happened at a young age so she was scarred. It was very hard for her family since they didn't have enough money but they managed through. Mended Heart was able to go to school, but at that time everyone made fun of her because she was poor and began calling her names. So she had a few friends.[/colour]

This seems a bit much. She was scarred from a young age, her family was poor and thus she was ostracized? Most ponies don't really seem overly concerned with money. So I really don't think that is a reason for having few friends. I mean it might lead to some bullying, but nothing that serious. And school seems to be free, or at the very least skill based for higher learning. I don't think anypony would be denied the opportunity to learn.

Other than that, the history seems a mite short. Perhaps you could go into her experiences that lead her to write in her fillyhood. Surely she honed her skills somehow! Perhaps that is how she made friends! By sharing her writing!

Other than that I really see no issues with the Character summary! So great work on the front!

Fantastic work though! Just a bit of expansion and lightening up is needed before I can pass this along for stamping!

The scarred part was referring to her dad's death. Unless that needs more clarification then okay, I will go do fix that.

APP STATUS: Done!

The scarred part was referring to her dad's death. Unless that needs more clarification then okay, I will go do fix that.

APP STATUS: Done!

I am well aware that the scarred part is referring to her dad's death. But it is a throw-away line that doesn't have any real impact on your character or how they are played, as it is part of a tragic backstory, which really isn't in the spirit of MLP:FiM.