The Dragon Cometh

Arix

"Huh. This My Little Pony thing seems to be popping up everywhere. You know what, I have an open mind, I might check it out."

One Episode Later

"Well, that ended on a cliffhanger. Guess I'll check out the next episode."

One Episode Later

"You know, that wasn't bad. Might watch a couple more."

Ten Episodes Later

"POOOOOONIIIIIIES"

And so begun my dark descent - sorry, well-lit ascent - into bronyhood.

Welcome to our wonderful forums that is Canterlot!

My name is PaintedWings and I will be your new friend here around these forums

I think that's exactly what happened to me "Ew my little pony..... well it doesn't hurt to watch." -ten minutes later- "Da-- it Twilight they are just trying to be neighborly!" -next episode- "Awwwww I love you ponies you're so right yet wrong for each other!" -after watching all the eps that was out(This was like in april)- "NEED MORE PONIES!!!!!!!! D8<"

Lol anyway I have two standard questions I like to ask everypony

1. Do you RP?

2. Do you plan to participate in the RPing goodness that is Canterlot!

If the answer is yes then I can't wait to see you around on the RP forums!

If the answer is no then that's okay Canterlot has plenty of wonderful other topics and stuff that I'm sure we'll but into at.

Enjoy your stay and welcome to the herd!<3

1. Do I RP? Oh, good sir/maam. I used to co-admin a dedicated RP forum (based around an original fantasy world) a few years ago that did very well, and that we've recently rebooted. I'm also a dedicated RP'er on another forum I frequent - a non-RP based forum that just has an RP subsection. I also enjoy the odd spot for IM RPíng. So, in short...yes. Yes I do.

2. Can't think of a reason not to. My main problem is settling on a character. My default character is a dragon named Arix (SURPRISE) that tends to be the same regardless of setting, but with subtle differences in each incarnation. So my dilemma is either playing what I know (and I do it well, if I say so myself), or taking a chance at playing something out of my comfort zone.

I am a sir.

Thing with taking a chance is that not only do I know if I'll be any good at it, I don't know how much I'll enjoy it either. Reason I play similar characters everywhere is both because I'm good at it and I really enjoy it.

Well I doubt I'll start tonight, but I'll think on it and see if I cook something up. If I do try something else, I've been wanting to try a griffin character recently, or I could just go with a standard pony of some description.

I'd post a quick sample of my stuff from that other forum for your perusal, but I'm not entirely sure of the rules regarding that sort of thing here, so I'll resist.

Well be sure to stop by and read the Rules. Don't forgot about our Getting Started section for more help and info also just for your own personal info check the Accepted Species List so you know what is and is not acceptable species for your character. For what is and is not acceptable for your character check out theCreating A New Character topic! If you have any question please feel free to ask! Or Pm me because I get bored and stuff x3

I actually checked out all of those things just before I joined. I prefer to look before I leap sometimes. I frequent Equestria Daily, but I haven't really interacted with the community much beyond a few comments on YouTube, and what can I say, this place looks awesome. I like awesome places.

Damn straight I'm epic. My sig at one of those other forums is comrised of 55 separate quotes of people saying just how awesome I am. Such gems include:

Praise to the Arix.
It's official. I just got schooled by Arix.
Thank you Arix for simultaneously owning me and making me a slightly better player.
You are a sexy, sexy, dragon.

I could go on.

Stop looking at me like that. Dragons aren't exactly known for their modesty.