Cloud Watching(Open! Join!)

Derpyy

Angel smiled[colour=#0000ff],"It doesn't matter what pie it is! I love anything!"[/colour] he licked his lips,"[colour=#0000ff] I love all types of food!"[/colour] Sun came back, "[colour=#ff8c00]Sorry Angel ,but you have to watch Moon Shine..I can't leave my little sis alone.[/colour]" Moon glared at Sun," [colour=#4b0082]I'm not little ![/colour]" Angel looked at Sun," [colour=#0000cd]Do I have to!...I was going to get pie..[/colour]." Sun rolled his eyes," [colour=#ff8c00]You and your stomach .just keep care of her while I'm gone...[/colour]" Angel just stood there..."[colour=#ff8c00]Fine! I'll take you to your favorite restaurant."[/colour] Angel smiled and nodded. "[colour=#ff8c00]Be good Moon, bye Angel.[/colour]" Angel waved good-bye..."[colour=#0000ff]Now back to the pie situation"[/colour].

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(don't know either, I just wrote what came to the top of my head :P)

Moon looked at the pony jumping in place,"...uh...why are you doing that?" her cute eyes glowed of curiosity

On the edge of the Everfree Forest lies a sleeping beast, awakening in the shade of the weeping willows. It proceeds to thrust its rump into the air and leans forward, stretching her rested muscles. The beast is rewarded with a satisfying collection of crackling noises, its joints popping in conjunction to the ever increasing steep incline. At the peak its muscles can stretch, she reveals her pearly whites and lets out a bellowing yawn. She then stands upon her hind quarters and looks down to her bosom, yearning to verify her valuable after her slumber in the forest. She reaches under her olive drab bandana and searches for her heirloom. Her paws come to contact with a cool, solid object, assuring her that she did indeed still have her possession.

The beast does a once over on itself, making sure that it didn't miss anything else. After assuring itself that everything was fine, the animal surveys its surroundings and witnesses a promising sight. It was difficult to see, but she could see a source of light brighter than the dreary veil the Everfree gave. Excited, it hops on all fours and makes a mad dash towards the stronger source of illumination. Upon reaching the source it was greeted with a rich field of green grass, a wide collection of flowers were strewn about the majestic field. Excited, she proceeded to run with all her strength and jumped joyously into the air. The warmth of the sum accompanied with the fresh air filled the auburn coloured animal with much relief.

After many days in the forest, Fio the Diamond Dog finally found her way out of the Everfree.

Gravity was beginning to influence Fio and she in turn plummeted to the earth. A wave of flower petals rushed upward past the Diamond Dog as she touched down to the cool grass, welcoming her return. Fio felt as though she won a permit to use Equestrium, it'd been a while since the Diamond Dog was so excited! She smiled and allowed the rest of her body to fall. More petals shot fourth past Fio, a bed of flowers had softened her fall. As the small rain of petals drifted towards her, Fio looked to the heavens and allowed herself to get lost in the large collection of clouds before her. Even though it hasn't been long since she left her home, a lot has happened since then. She never would've guessed that she would get lost in a forest only to be saved by some ponies. A chuckle escapes her lips as she thinks past her experience with them. She felt a bit regretful leaving them, but she still wasn't really used to these talking equine's. She felt more like the odd pup in the group and decided it was best if she parted ways after finding out which direction would lead her out of the forest. But she did learn one thing about ponies, their looks can be deceiving.

After having her fill of the lovely sky, Fio finally gets up and surveys the land. Even though she was out of the Everfree, she still had to find this 'Ponyville' Stormwing had mentioned. If the Diamond Dog had her bearings right, although more like hoping, the town should be just past the collection of trees and hills before her. Fio marched her way into the forest once more. After traversing the terrain, she finally finds the end and comes to witness a town before her. An

can be heard as Fio ingested the sight she beheld. Even if this isn't Ponyville, she could now finally work her way towards resupplying herself and resuming her journey! As she entered the town, Fio witnesses an orange Pegasi fly off into the distance. Her eyes trail to the Pegasus' origin and sees a group of ponies not too far. Now Fio can find out where she was and ask about the possibility of some jobs. She walks towards the group and yells in their general direction.

"[colour=#cc9966]Excuse me, little ponies, I have a question![/colour]"

iATK8D2.png

Cherry Berry was about to throw up her hooves in surrender at the coming and going of pegasi all around her. What had started out as a normal enough morning, albeit with a bit of a rocky start, was progressively getting weirder. Cloud Flicker may not be thinking much of it, but this was turning out to be a rather interesting day for the pink earth pony.

"All right," she said with some finality, "Sounds like we're going to my place." She tried to do a head count. Cloud Flicker, Minyara, two other pegasi, what were their names? Bunny? No, Angel - same name as the little white terror who was always stealing her carrots when Fluttershy wasn't looking. Er, where was she? Right, head count - Angel and Angel Junior or something. Ugh, she couldn't remember the last time she'd had this many ponies in her kitchen. Hopefully they could make it quick so she wouldn't have to cancel dinner with her friends. Then there was the wet one - he made five - where had he got to? Oh, there he was at the edge of the group.

The yellow-maned mare blinked. When she'd turned to look for Flashbomb, her eyes fell upon - no, it couldn't be, could it? What was a fully-grown diamond dog doing in Ponyville? What was more, why was the fully grown diamond dog heading towards them?

She had only met a diamond dog once before in her life. That time, it had been entirely her own fault for letting the balloon get away from her and ending up a few too many miles south of the small town. The dog she'd met then had seemed friendly enough, though Chibsy had kept the conversation short. She hoped to do the same this time, too.

[colour=#cc9966]"Excuse me, little ponies, I have a question!"[/colour]

Ugh, the creature had even had the audacity to speak to them. See, it wasn't that Cherry Berry didn't like diamond dogs, it was more that she didn't like seeing them in Ponyville. "No, we don't have any gems to spare," was the earth pony's response.

As soon as she spoke the words, she reconsidered her response. Perhaps Diamond Dogs weren't so bad. Had she not reacted poorly, as had the rest of the town, to Zecora the first time the foreigner emerged from the Everfree? As she eyed the diamond dog she recognized the wariness she'd felt then too. If those feelings had been ill-placed then, could it be this time that she was wrong again?

No, Cherry Berry decided. Best to keep her guard up - can't get too friendly with the strange Equestrian creatures. Especially ones with sharp teeth. One of them being civil didn't mean all of them were. And this one had emerged from Everfree rather than from the dry hilly land further south - always cause for extra caution.

EDIT

Cloud was all fine and ready to respond to Chilsby. But then a creature pawed its way up the group he was in. It was a female..diamond dog? Ok, cloud has heard of some crazy things. But he has never seen or heard of a Diamond Dog.

But apparently they are real. Cloud is staring right at one...that is..unless he is dreaming! Cloud then hit himself and realized that no..he wasn't dreaming.

The young pegasus flapped his wings a bit and started to hover off the ground slightly. The Diamond Dog had not spoken much but she seemed rather loud. Cloud just had a feeling. But then again..Cloud realized that he should be nice to everypony....but wait. This was a Diamond Dog. Therefore she is not a pony..Does Cloud have to be nice to her?

Eh Cloud didn't want to worry about those things. He was confusing himself.

Cloud could tell that Miss Cherry didn't much care for the Diamond Dog. She told her that she didn't have any jewels for her.

So this..dog eats jewels? Makes sense since the dog is called a Diamond Dog.

Cloud looked back at Cherry and could tell she wanted to leave. Or it seemed like she wanted to.

[colour=#008080]"Miss Cherry. If you want to go to your house..to try this pie. Then we can."[/colour] he gave her a small smile.

(Hmm,okay,I'll try to reply now....)

Apparently,Minyara was so busy bouncing around,she hadn't even heard of the Diamond Dog! She had lastly caught a glimpse of it before she took off into the air,then lowered,just hovering abovehead,"I'll be up here," She smiled.

Even though Fio had yelled to the group, she proceeded to hustle over to them so that shouting wouldn't be required. The Diamond Dog was cautious to not go too fast, she didn't want to appear as though she was about to pounce them after all. The dirt below her paws felt so different in comparison to what the forest had, but she welcomed it. The Diamond Dog began pondering if they even heard her earlier. As she made her way Fio noticed one of the Pegasi promptly ascended before lowering itself above her companions. Fio smirked, the reaction of the Pegasus was evidence enough that they knew of her presence. She was glad though, at least they didn't scatter like some of her previous experiences with pony folk. She was quick to replace her smirk with an open smile, Fio was now several meters from the group. The Diamond Dog was about to ask them if this was Ponyville, but was caught off guard by the pink pony in the group.

"[colour=#ff6699]No, we don't have any gems to spare,[/colour]" the earth pony shot.

Well, that was... unsettling for the Diamond Dog. Was the pony saying that she was a beggar of sorts? Yes, she didn't have a gem on her to spend, but Fio wasn't about to do something as below herself as begging. She would do what every other proud Diamond Dog would, work their way back from the ground up. But then something else piqued Fio's interest. With how the pony reacted to her, does that mean there were other Diamond Dogs here? If so, does that mean that the pink one and the other residents here have had a negative experience with them? Fio hoped not, but considering that she wasn't ousted out of the town meant that this wasn't the case. She thought carefully about her next words and replied with a wry smile. No matter her words though, her sullen expression gave away her true feelings.

Fio laughs, "[colour=#cc9966]Ahah, a joke, I get it! . . . My name's Fio and I was just simply wondering if this place was Ponyville?[/colour]"

A loud rumbling emanates from the Diamond Dog, accompanied by a pained expression which paints itself on Fio's face. If she didn't have fur, Fio would surely be blushing.

"[colour=#cc9966]... And do you happen to know where I can find a job around these parts?[/colour]"

Minyara stayed in the skies,she listened to the Diamond Dog...Fio? She flew closer to the ground and shook her head in response,"Not for what I know of!" She siad in a louder voice,since the breeze was carrying her voice through it.

Angel was cautious he didn't know to trust her...Moon went up to the Fio,"....I'm Moon" the little filly said. Angel realized that Moon left his side, his wings started to flap ready to save her. Moon just looked at Fio,"Are you really a Diamond dog? you don't look that scary..."

Minyara's jaw dropped when she saw the little Filly just go up and start talking to the Diamond Dog,she let out a squeak and she flew higher into the sky.

(((Sorry,didn't know what to say exactly :P )))

[colour=#d3d3d3]((Why does my text sometimes randomly change size when I publish a post? Yaaargh!))[/colour]

[colour=#282828]"Not for what I know of!" the Pegasus shouted to Fio.[/colour]

The Diamond Dog pondered the flying Pegasi's response and looked downward, losing herself in thought. Surely, someone in town needed something done. A letter delivered, weeds to be uprooted, ditches to be dug, a fence which needs fixing, surely there was a citizen here whom wanted another to do their job. But, what if there wasn't? What if there really was nothing available? Or worse, what if they didn't tell her of these opportunities because they possibly viewed her as an outcast? This troubled Fio, she really needed some funds to not only reacquire her necessities, but also to just simply feed herself. She wasn't about to go begging the citizens around these parts. A pained expression was growing on her face, what was she going to do? Fio was absent to those around here, until a young voice pierced her concentration.

"[colour=#282828]...I'm Moon,[/colour]" said the voice. It was so innocent, young and curious compared to the others that it almost startled Fio. She looked towards the source of the voice and saw that it was just a few meters from where the Diamond Dog stood. Fio was surprised, not only for the fact that this little one had approached her, but that she somehow missed this one when she was approaching earlier. Fio came to a quick conclusion that the pony before here was a filly, she'd never seen one before so this was a new experience for the Diamond Dog. This was also the first time that a pony wasn't scared of her, this warmed Fio's heart.

"[colour=#282828]Are you really a Diamond dog? You don't look that scary..."[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Fio softly smiles to Moon and squatts down, her arms rest on her knees while her paws cup themselves around the Diamond Dog's cheeks. [/colour]

[colour=#282828]"[/colour][colour=#CC9966]I am little one and I wouldn't hope I'd look scary. I'm just...[/colour][colour=#282828]" Fio paused for a second to try and think of the right words to tell Moon.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]"[/colour][colour=#CC9966]Sometimes new things can scare others, especially if that thing resembles something that [/colour][colour=#cc9966]is[/colour][colour=#CC9966] feared. Even if this new thing has met ponies, such as your friends, that doesn't mean that it was a pleasant experience. Your friends have good reason to be apprehensive of my presence because by the sounds of it, my kind are rarely seen around here. But I assure you that I'm as harmless as the grass below us.[/colour][colour=#282828]" [/colour]

[colour=#282828]Fio begins to reach out to Moon so as to pat her head.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]"[/colour][colour=#CC9966]You've got spunk Moon, I like you.[/colour][colour=#282828]"[/colour]

Minyara saw what Fio had said and done,that made her feel good,even though she had been a little stuck up in a way,"Sorry for being rude to you Fio," She said apologetically,then flew and landed down on the ground,her wings flustered as she smiled sheepishly,"I am Minyara," She smiled and stuck out her hoof for the Diamond Dog to shake.

OIJ8cU9.png

Cherry Berry watched with mild amusement as the pegasi surrounding her reacted to the approaching canine. Minyara took to the air above the group, hovering slightly. Angel Junior stood close to the older one, looking on with an expression of both curiosity and foalhood wonder. Cloud, too, behaved as though he'd never seen a Diamond Dog before, and rightly so. He too lifted his hooves from the ground and used his wings to distance himself from the approaching creature, seeming unsure what to make of the stranger.

"Miss Cherry," he said, "If you want to go to your place to try this pie, then we can."

But the dog had now reached them, and Chibsy now had a chance to get a good look at the animal.

Despite a rugged, tough and dishevelled appearance, the dog had a feminine air about her. She was tall and nimble, standing on two hind legs. Her fur was bi-coloured - a warm shade of auburn, and what would probably after a good bathing be white. Two beady silver eyes were set in her face, and around her neck was a dusty olive-drab bandana. On her left, um, leg? Arm? err, limb was a metal band with some sort of insignia on it.

She gave an uneasy laugh in response to the earth pony's question, as if she'd been joking. When she spoke again, the previously agitated pegasi started to warm up to her a little. One answered her second inquiry saying that there she didn't know of any available jobs in town.

Then, much to Chibsy's shock and awe, Angel Junior approached the diamond dog. "I'm Moon," she said. (Chibsy would have to remember that.) The diamond dog replied with a politeness and gentleness that Chibsy hardly thought fitting for such a wild looking creature. She - Fio, she'd called herself, bent down to the small pony's level and explained rather gently that often times ponies feared others just because they were new or different.

Déjà Vu! The yellow-maned mare remembered again the situation with the Zebra from the Everfree; the contempt with which the townspeople had treated her in the beginning, and the many wonderful things Zecora had done for the residents since. Chibsy pawed anxiously at the grass, trying to think of a manner in which it could cause harm to them. There wasn't a single thistle or shard of glass in sight. Her metaphor checked out.

Cherry Berry felt terrible.

"Actually," she said, "Now that I think of it, there's a dressmaker across town who's very good at finding gems with her fancy unicorn magic, but she doesn't like the dirty work of digging them up. She and her friends are out of town right now, but that mare is known for her generosity; clean yourself up and go offer her your services, and she just might hire you."

There, that ought to put her conscience at ease. Even if Rarity did turn the Diamond Dog away, at least Chibsy had tried.

"Now, we were just going over to my house for some pie," Chibsy began to say, scarcely believing what she was doing. "W-would you like to join us?"

Fio's ears pricked up, she could hear a voice coming just beyond Moon. She looked up, expecting its projector to be right behind the little filly but instead found it coming from the flying Pegasus. Fio was pleasantly surprised, she wasn't expecting the Pegasi to approach her at all. The Dog thought the mare was going to wait until her friends confirmed that Fio wasn't a threat. What the Pegasus did next though truly baffled Fio, the mare reached out to her as to shake her paw. The Diamond Dog examined the hoof and something crossed her mind, ponies shook... Hooves with one another? But before Fio could continue that though, the Pegasus spoke to her once more.

[colour=#282828]"I am [/colour]Minyara,[colour=#282828]" the Pegasi said to her with a warm smile. Fio rewarded Minyara with a smile of her own and grasps the Pegasi's hoof with both her paws, giving the mare a gentle shake. It felt odd shaking a ponies hoof, but Fio quickly grew past the awkwardness she felt.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]"[/colour][colour=#CC9966]No worries Minyara and thank you.[/colour]"[colour=#282828] Upon finishing the hoof~n~paw shake, a familiar voice spoke up. She looked past Minyara, confirming her suspicions that it was indeed coming from the rose coloured mare whom spoke to her earlier. Her words were exactly what Fio was hoping for plus some. Even if this dressmaker didn't hire her, Fio had a strong feeling that her friends would have something for her to do. She imagined the dressmaker as a pony whom lives a luxuriously pampered life, including her friends. In the unlikely possibility that the tailors friends had nothing to offer, Fio could always take the chances of searching the area for gems. The Diamond Dog knew though that she was going to get some work in today, one way or another. All she had to do was take a dip in a river, put on her charming disposition and the seamstress would hire her in a heartbeat.[/colour]

Then the rose pony mentioned the prospects of food. Fio was famished and blurted out the first words that crossed her mind.

"[colour=#cc9966]Yes, please, I'd love to join you![/colour]" Unbeknownst to Fio, she was drooling while her tail wagged to and fro.

Moon smiled, she liked Fio, "[colour=#4b0082]Angel can we go with Fio please!?[/colour]" Angel heisted, "[colour=#0000cd]...uh...well...[/colour]" Moon made her eyes big, "[colour=#4b0082]Please!!![/colour]" Angel looked at the diamond dog...then at Moon..."[colour=#0000ff]Fine...but stay by me..."[/colour] Moon smiled "[colour=#4b0082]yay![/colour]" Moon looked at Fio, [colour=#4b0082]"If it's okay with you...Fio?[/colour]"

Fio looked onward as Moon talked to, what the Diamond Dog could tell was, her guardian. As the blue Pegasi took a quick look at Fio, she could still tell that he didn't trust her. She couldn't blame the colt, he's looking out for the little one after all. Fio may have won the heart of Moon, but it'll take more than sweet words to befriend the filly's big daddy. After their little talk, Moon turned around and asked a question Fio would never have the strength to go against. The auburn dog has always had a soft spot for younglings, allowing herself to bend to their desires more so than she'd admit. Besides, there's no harm in getting some pie now, is there?

"[colour=#cc9966]Of course it's alright little one. In fact, It'd be a pleasure to have your company Moon,[/colour]" Fio says as she bows down graciously to the little filly. It was only then did the Diamond Dog realize that she had been drooling and quickly wipes her lips. Hopefully, none of the pony folk saw that...

((In a Nutshell, Cloud Flicker comes down to visit Ponyville for the first time, fellow ponies come to greet him and Angel's little sis Moon is dropped off to him. Cherry Berry was planning to give Angel pie 'cause he's never had any when Fio comes out of nowhere and we're about to finally get some of the pies. I believe we have six active characters in play.))