In the forest and through the woods ((OPEN!JOIN))

(No worries, Lightning! It's good to see you back :) )

[colour=#008000]"A-another pony...?"[/colour] Silt asked, but Sapphire Swirl had already ascended the dirt stairs and back into the forest. The thought of more ponies slightly unnerved the colt. He was a skittish pony as it was, but crowds made him even more uncomfortable. It was the mane reason why he stayed in the wilderness and away from towns or villages. In fact, having just the pegasus mare there made Silt feel comfortable enough to talk without stuttering too much. But the colt wasn't very good at making small talk, so he stuck with talking about what he knew. Maybe the mare might be interested in it, if she wasn't it too much pain.

[colour=#008000]"Oh! Miss, eh, Caymellow was it? Please don't strain yourself."[/colour] The colt's horn glowed bright green again as his magic jumpstarted the growth of the seeds into strong, healthy plants. Raising a hoof, Silt wiped the sweat from his brow and brought the three flowers he had grown to Caymellow. [colour=#008000]"If it's okay, I'd like to help you. This,"[/colour] Silt pushed towards the mare a droopy, purple flower, [colour=#008000]"will knock you out for awhile so you don't feel any pain when I set your wing."[/colour] Silt motioned towards a red flower that, upon closer examination, was actually a cluster of smaller flowers and a droopy blue flower with yellow spots around the middle of it; then explained their uses respectively. [colour=#008000]"This one will help fight off infection, and this one is a painkiller, but not as powerful as the purple one so you can stay awake."[/colour]

An idea struck Silt then, and he cantered to the seed wall to retrieve a wooden bowl. [colour=#008000]"You should drink some water, if you can. Those plants will dehydrate you."[/colour] The colt told Caymellow as he filled the bowl at the spring. Water from the ceiling dripped onto his earth-covered coat, washing just enough away to reveal the mortar and pestle cutie mark that hid beneath the dirt. Setting the water next to the mare Silt continued, [colour=#008000]"I'd have just the purple flower, for now. You can have the others after you've had a bit of hay, if you can stomach it." [/colour]

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

xZccN.png

To Stormwing's relief, the other three ponies wasted little time in getting down into the tree. He was also relieved to know that if he needed to, he had only to knock to reopen the pathway down to the hidden den. He held his ground and tried his very best to look as intimidating as possible.

The creature he was confronting came forward and, to Stormwing's great shock and awe, introduced herself in a rather cultured manner. He listened intently as she explained her situation. A treasure hunting searching for...herself? Almost made it sound like she was a filly looking to find her cutie mark in the Everfree Forest.

As she told her story, Stormwing's mind was racing a mile a minute. His first inclination was to help her - she was lost and alone, right? But what if it was a ploy? She seemed apologetic enough; maybe a little bit too apologetic. Like she was trying too hard to gain his trust. And what sort of supplies would she have needed? Was she talking about food? Weren't dogs carnivores; didn't dogs eat meat? If he let her into Silt's den, would she turn around and devour them all?

No, he was definitely overthinking this. The final 'please' was what broke him. He lowered his guard just a tad.

"Well, I, um - see, I would help you, really, but I'd have to ask the others first and we're all rather lost ourselves. Except Silt - I'm beginning to think that Unicorn lives here," he falters, wondering why he's failing to speak in cohesive sentences. At that moment, there is a faint flash - not even the lightening can break through the dark overgrowth of the forest. But then he hears the thunder, loud, strong and clear. That clap is just the encouragement he needs.

"I don't know why I trust you," he says, "And it's probably not smart to, because I still don't know if your kind eats ponies for dinner. I guess if you were planning on doing that, you would have done it already," he gulps, still eyeing the creature warily. "I accept your apology; now let's go see if Caymellow's okay."

He turns to the tree and is about to knock when suddenly the trunk re-opens and the black mare steps out, seemingly alone. It's started to rain now, but the wet doesn't bother Stormwing in the least.

"Is something wrong?" he asks her, alarmed at what could possibly have gone wrong now.

" Theres another pony out here Twilight said so i was sent here by her to find you all and i know how to get out of the forest i just didnt see any need to tell you guys considering that Silt lives here and knows some the forest," Sapphire said coming out and dashing off into the trees one pony from the west the others from north must go west.Sapphire said remembering what twilight had said."I know how to find you guys," Sapphire said as the rain was falling down.

Fio smiled as wave of relief flowed through her with Stormwing's words, she was glad that he accepted her apology and was willing to help her out. The Diamond Dog could feel the Pegasus' rich forest green eyes fixed upon her, as though she may suddenly betray her true motives if he didn't keep a close watch. Fio understood Stormwing's concerns, even the bit about the possibility of Diamond Dogs eating ponies. She was an alien sight in these lands and would continue being as such until her fellow kin chooses to visit their equine neighbors. Besides, ponies probably taste like cotton candy...

The navy blue Pegasi turns around, his messy mane and tail following suits as he turns his body 'round. He raises one of his hoofs towards the tree and is about to, what Fio was guessing, tap the trunk when suddenly its roots come alive. When the old tree opens up, a black mare steps out of the ancient ones core. A prick of water makes its way to the Diamond Dogs muzzle and distracts her. She look up in retaliation and witnesses the forthcoming rain the heavens were gifting to the Earth. It seems as though Fio was going to get her downpour after all, her tiny smile now swelled into a grin. After being enchanted with her favorite element, the Diamond Dog refocused on the two Pegasi. What really got Fio's attention though was the panicked expression the black Pegasus was exhibiting.

[colour=#282828]"There's another pony out here, Twilight said, so i was sent here by her to find you all," [/colour][colour=#282828]the black mare said to her blue counterpart. There was someone else in the forest besides themselves? Who was this Twilight and how did she happen to know about their plight? This question wrapped itself around Fio's mind, but was quickly thrown askew as she witnessed the mare make a dash into the forest, her last words being "I know how to find you guys" before she vanished into the dark veil of the Everfree. Fio wasn't a bit worried about the mare, she said she knew how to find them so there was no point on stressing over nothing.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]A beasts howl could be heard in the distance.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Now Fio was worried about the mare. Wherever the Pegasi was going, she couldn't stop the thought of the mare coming into contact with whatever was in the distance. Sure, the Pegasus could just simply fly off, but it was currently raining where they were. If it was raining now then surely there was a downpour further out in the forest, where the sky was much more noticeable since the trees were not as thick. If a Pegasi's feathers became drenched with water, could they even fly? Fio wasn't sure, but the thought of the mare succumbing to the danger of what was in the forest couldn't escape her. Fio had to help them out. Stormwing was willing to help her, now she in turn should pay him back in regard. Even if they didn't find this other pony in the forest, Fio wanted to be sure that at least no harm would come to the mare. [/colour]

[colour=#282828]Fio runs over to the ancient tree and takes off her olive drab bandana. "[/colour][colour=#cc9966]Mr. Pegasus, I don't know your name but we've got to go after your friend."[/colour][colour=#282828]The Diamond Dog breathes deeply into her neckerchief and proceeds to fasten it to one of the trees roots. A colourless gem can be seen bobbing on Fio's chest as she jogs back to the awaiting Pegasus.[/colour]

[colour=#cc9966]"I do not know what dangers lurk in this forest, but we need to make sure that nothing happens to your companion." [/colour][colour=#282828] [/colour]

Fio proceeds to bend over and meets Stormwing face to face. Her silver eyes meet his green, hiding the cocky expression her visage betrayed.

[colour=#cc9966]"Whether you like it or not I'm going to help."[/colour][colour=#282828] [/colour]

(idk i would think so)

Silverbolt shivered Vigerously as he curled more in his treeroot shelter. The hypothermia was definately set in now. He chattered his teeth and tried to warm up, it seemed to be of no use though. He felt his death slowly creeping in on him as he shook more and more. How did he end up here? Why did he go into the everfree forest in the first place? He knew of the Dangers, He saw what it did to his Friend Flashbomb when he crashed here. He Heard something on the edge of his chattering teeth. A smap of a twig and the rustle of grass. He peered through the branches of his shelter under the roots. He saw a wooden leg, then Another, and another. Timberwolves.... and they were looking for food. He heard them sniff the grass nearby and growl to eachother. Silverbolt tried his best to quiet down. If it wasnt for the rain dampening his scent and the rumble of it covering his chattering teeth he would be found already. He shrank back as they Timberwolves caught a lick of his scent and began to look near his shelter. Silverbolt closed his eyes and Shook his head. Its only a matter of time before he was found and attacked. Nopony would hear his cries as he was torn to shreds. He opened his eyes only to see the green eyes staring back at him. The timberwolf growled in a low tone.

"Hello any pony out here i will bring you to safety,"Sapphire shouted her wings drenched as hell Sapphire heard a wolf howl Timberwolves.They are near so they must be searching for something for food wait...food...pony!I must follow them.Sapphire rummaged around in her magic bagwhich can stretch to any size on the inside for her armor she slipped it on her face and every where."Im not nightmare moon but people say i look like her and princess luna with the armor even so it might be an advantage,"she said aloud getting closer to where the twigs snapped. Accidently stepping on one causing the Timberwolves wooden ears prick up."Leave this pony alone!"Sapphire shouted loudly and menacing hoping to scare them. " This is not your food!" The Timberwolves turned away and faced her as she came stepping out of the shadows lifting her black wings as high as she could.The other wolves scampered away leaving the biggest one alone and to face Sapphire. "Leave!"She shouted even louder but he wasnt budging.looking in her bag she pulled out some food from her supplies and threw it at him he took it and growled ill be back is probably something what he said as he walked slowly backwards into the forest his green eyes finally disappearing. "Hello grab my hoof i will take you somewhere safe,"Sapphire said gently hoping she didnt scare the pony with her apparently scary nightmare moon complex.

Silverbolt had closed his eyes and prepared himself for the worse when to his surprise he didnt feel teeth tearing into him. He opened his eyes to see that most of them had been driven off by a pony whom he feared the most. Nightmare moon had stared down the Alpha male and ordered it to leave, it did not obey her. She had taken food out of some sort and threw it to him. After a quick sniff of the food it bit in and ran away. Silver's eyes shot from The timberwolf to Nightmare moon. He held his breath in sheer terror of her. He didnt know weather to run or stay but he really didnt have a choice. He was impared by the Hypothermia, he felt slight frostbite on hos hooves. He shrank back from her as she Advanced, He quivered and whimpered like a scared foal. "Take my hoof, i will take you somewhere safe." She offered to him. Silverbolt shook his head, the voice was different somehow, not meanacing but different. He felt oddly soothed by her voice. The rain continued to pour hard causing Silver to curl up again, he had no strength fo carry on by himself. He slowly got up and took her hoof, trusting her with his life.

Sapphire could see he was frightened of her looking like nightmare moon and all."I'm not nightmare moon names Sapphire come i will take you to safety,"Sapphire said as removed her head armor and lifted the pony on her back and found a blanket to put on him.she shook her wings thoroughly and trotted off into the wood replacing the her gear ontoher head to get ready to find the magic tree trunk .west.Sapphire returned into the shadows with shivering pony on her back and headed for the other ponies.

[colour=#b4b4b4]((I am actually really enjoying this thread, but would it maybe be possible to try to establish a posting order so that nopony gets left behind? And go ahead and post, Derpyy. ;) ))[/colour]

xZccN.png

Stormwing blinked in surprise as the black mare took off. He was right - black ponies were strange. The name Twilight Sparkle rang a bell though - he was sure he ought to have heard of her, whoever she was, before, but when nopony came to mind he shrugged it off. When he heard the howl of the beast in the distance far away, he forgot about the black one completely and instead turned his attention back to the magical tree.

Then the dog said they needed to go after her, and something in the way the canine said it made Stormwing believe her. He turned and was about to ask why when Fio Filligree leaned in, so that her silver eyes were a close to his as possible, so that he can almost taste her breath.

[colour=#cc9966]"Whether you like it or not I'm going to help."[/colour]

The intention of the words may have been innocent enough, but the tone sent a shiver down the back of the Pegasus' neck.

Maybe dogs did eat ponies after all.

He would have turned on his hooves right then and there and made a run for the magical tree, but then he thought of the black one. He certainly couldn't leave her alone in the woods with this creature. Caymellow was safe as far as he was concerned, and the young Unicorn seemed to know his way around the forest. But he was still concerned for the other mare.

Nobility be cursed, screamed his mind, get the hay out of here.

Then there was another crash of thunder. It was louder than the cry of the wolf, stronger than the canine who may or may not be about to eat him. And, most importantly, it was a friend. He felt it inside him, as he always did, and was again reminded of who he was. He gave his feathers a shake, as if to remind himself that they were there. He had wings and Fio Filligree did not. He would be able to get away.

"All right," he said with perhaps a little bit too much enthusiasm. "You lead the way."

(I haven't been very concerned about a posting order, but I've been trying to wait until everypony has had a chance to post so that they can stay part of the story.)

"I can swallow and keep it down." Caymellow examined the flowers Silt Treble had left for her. The colt smiled at the long-maned pegasus and busied himself with finding a long, flat stone whilst the mare ate the red flower and drank water while waiting for its effects to enter her system.

The unicorn colt searched the bed of the spring from which he had gotten water earlier. Many stones littered the bottom, and he was sure that he would find an ideal stone there. That, and the cool water would chill the stones. A cold stone would help reduce any swelling on the wing, and numb it slightly too. Sure enough the colt spotted a rock towards the deeper part of the pool that was a little shorter than he would've liked, but it would have to do.

[colour=#008000]"How are you feeling Miss Caymellow?"[/colour] Silt asked as he used his magic to retrieve the stone. Not hearing a reply, Silt turned to examine the mare and saw her sleeping gently upon his bed of moss. [colour=#006400]'I'll have to work quickly, before the effects wear off.'[/colour] Silt trotted to the mare and examined her wing closely. It could've been much worse, but it seemed that there were only two mane breaks in the wing; although he couldn't be sure if there were smaller fractures that he couldn't see.

Silt steeled his nerves and pressed hard on the wing to straighten the bones. They cracked loudly in response to his hooves, the unicorn shuddered and hoped dearly that Caymellow wasn't able to feel any pain. With the bones in place against the stone, Silt retrieved one of the few types of seeds he carried in his dirty, dark green mane - ivy. Placing the seed on Caymellow's wing, Silt concentrated hard on his magic until his horn glowed a bright green. The seed slowly sprouted, then grew rapidly in the rush of energy it stole from Silt; binding tightly the broken wing to the flat stone so that it would heal properly and allow the mare to fly again one day. Silt fell back on his flank after the last vine secured itself in place. The unicorn was exhausted from giving the seed that much energy. It wasn't like the flowers, that only needed to bloom. The vines needed to have the strength to hold out until Caymellow could make it out of the forest or until her wing healed. Whichever came first.

With shaky legs Silt walked slowly to the spring's edge and drank deeply. He laid next to his small hay pile and ate a few bites to quite the rumble in his belly, then closed his eyes for a nap. Before he could drift into dreams, a particularly loud thunderclap from the surface shook the tree above him. Silt thought of the ponies on the surface and how much rain must be falling on the forest. He allowed that pleasant thought of rain to accompany him as he finally drifted off to sleep.

Caymellow ate the flower,the effects started to fall upon her. Her eyes shut,then she was engulfed in the darkness,before a dream overcame it,it was somewhat like this:

"Are you there?" A blur asked.

"Huhh," She looked around,everything a blur.

"It will be okay,just lie your head down and don't let the light frighten you,"

"No,no,no,no,no,no" It drifted away...as she opened up her eyes,

Her eyes shot open,she flew up,grabbing onto her self,she grimaced,then took a look over to the colt,she saw he had drifted off into a slumber,she smiled,but weakly. She looked over her wing,"Wow,he did this for me? How kind," She looked over herself,just to insure that she indeed,had gotten fully out of the nightmare.

"[colour=#cc9966]We've got to move, fast. Every second your friend is away is a second closer for whatever's in this forest to find her.[/colour]"

Fio jumps onto her fours and points her nose upward. She smelt the air as deeply as her lungs could hold and searched for the right smell. It didn't take long for Fio to find the black mares scent. It was weak due to the elements, but it was present. She smiled wolfishly to her blue companion.

"[colour=#cc9966]Try to keep up,[/colour]" Fio said and then darted off into the darkness of the void.

The Diamond Dog's guess was spot on, the storm further out in the forest was much worse than whence she resided. The howl of the breeze deafened Fio as she sprinted against the downpour. Keeping a steady footing in the forest was a challenge, Fio found herself on the verge of slipping often and felt her paws recieving random pangs of pain. But she had to get to the mare before something else did. In a sense, it was like a game to the Diamond Dog. This only fueled her reckless abandonment for herself so she could get to her destination all the faster. The rhythmic beating of her paws in conjunction to the gem wildly bouncing against Fio's chest only made her more anxious. Even though Fio was pushing herself as hard as she could, she found the Pegasi keeping up with her at perfect pace. Even though he was showing signs of fatigue, he clearly had the endurance and the will to keep up with her. Fio admired that, there was more to these ponies than she thought. They were close, the scent of the black mare was strong, but something was off, she smelt another besides the mare. Was it the beast? Or did she happen to find the lost one? Whatever it was, it was beyond the thick collection of bushes before her.

Fio finally shot out of the brush, past the black pony and another equine which resided on the mare's back. The Diamond Dog was shocked that this little mare braved the forest on her own and even managed to find the other individual. But more so, Fio was both relieved and disappointed. Yes, the mare was safe, but Fio really wanted to show that she was trustworthy by helping. The Diamond Dog slammed on the brakes, only to find herself being propelled across the ground. Hunger was taking its toll on Fio, she wasn't thinking clearly and wouldn't have made such a mistake under normal circumstances. She had no hopes of stopping herself, only her friend the weeping willow would halt her advance.

"[colour=#cc9966]Oh Gods![/colour]" was the last words of the Diamond Dog as she collided with a tree. An audible yelp could be heard as Fio was knocked unconscious.

Silverbolt had lay on the back of the black mare, he was gratefull that she had come along to his rescue. It seemed though that she might have been a couple minutes to late. He was shaking so hard as the Hypothermia had hit its final and very Fatal phase. His extrimities had numbed so bad to the point of non feeling. He continued to lay on the back of the mare stareing up at the canopy, He felt his body begin to withdrawl into slumber. He snapped awake trying to keep his eyes open. He still had a very strong will to live. He heard a faint rustling and worried that more Timberwolves were on the advance. What if they were? He couldnt do anything to help the mare. He would be a entre for them, he felt uneasy at the unknown. He saw a Daimond dog and a Blue stallion rush by them. The daimond dog looked like she took a double take but fell face first into a tree. He tried to say something but his shaking was taking every ounce of energy he had. He felt himself slip away into sleep. His head slumped down and hung from the mare's back, his long silver mane dragging on the ground.

Sapphire lifted his mane and his body more comfortably on her back.Suddenly the diamond dog burst out of the shadows and saw them then hit her head on a tree.Was it me again with her Nightmare moon scary complex with her armor on."can you help me get her back to the tree?"Sapphire asked wrapping her black wings around the pony she was carrying as well as biting the bit of cloth around the diamond dogs neck pulling and slowly moving with the both of them.Sapphire pulled and carried on wards to get them back to the tree the poor pony was shivering and losing heat fast."i will get you all there soon," Sapphire said aloud going onwards.

xZccN.png

[colour=#cc9966]"We've got to move, fast. Every second your friend is away is a second closer for whatever's in this forest to find her. Try to keep up."[/colour]

Stormwing smiled. [colour=#00333E]"Is that a challenge?"[/colour] he asked. He may not be the fastest flyer in the world, but surely he could outrun any old canine in the woods.

But the dog was already tearing through the undergrowth, her nose fixed on a scent he couldn't even begin to smell. Stormwing broke into a gallop after her, lowering his head into the wind. He basked in the sensation of the rain falling on his pelt, soaking his red mane and seeping into his feathers. The thunder and lightening invigorated him as the adrenaline coursed through his veins. When the forest floor grew muddier as a result as the trees growing thinner, he opted to use his wings to navigate the forest.

He didn't know how much time they spent travelling through those woods. Minutes? An hour? Longer? As they went, he tried to memorize the route they took so that he would be able to find Silt's tree again. After a while he was panting for breath, but he still matched the pace of the brown and white dog. Up ahead, Stormwing could hear the howling of terrifying creatures, but the rain still fell and the thunder still crashed and he didn't feel afraid. He could also see that they were heading towards a particularly thick collection of bushes and brambles, and to his alarm, the diamond dog sped up rather than slowed down as they approached them.

[colour=#00333E]"Wait!"[/colour] Stormwing shouted, but it was to no avail - she went tearing through the thick branches at breakneck speed that, in the open air, he could have easily matched. But he was no fool and wasn't going to attempt any stunts in these woods. He chose to fly over the brambles and weeds through a narrow gap he spotted a few feet up. He came through the overhead branches just in time to witness a rather colossal collision; Fio Filligree flew face-first into a weeping willow.

[colour=#00333E]"Oh, for Celestia's sake!"[/colour] he muttered, barely acknowledging the familiar blue-maned mare standing in the clearing with a rather sad-looking form resting on her back. Now what were they going to do? The dog had managed to knock herself unconscious, and the silver-maned pegasus wasn't going to be of much help, either. He looked around him for something, anything that would be of use.

[colour=#000864]"Can you help me get her back to the tree?"[/colour] asked the other mare. She had taken the dog by the scruff and was trying to drag her back through the woods that way.

Stormwing shook his head, water droplets flying off the tips of his red mane. [colour=#00333E]"We'll never get them both back like that,"[/colour] he said. He would have suggested using a cloud for a stretcher again, except that he was fairly certain that Fio would fall through the cloud just like an Earth Pony.

He examined the mare more closely and wondered if, maybe, he would be able to support Fio's weight on his back the way the other mare was supporting the unconscious pegasus. He trotted over to her, and tried to nudge her limp form with his snout. She didn't move.

[colour=#00333E]"Maybe I can. Can you help me get her onto my back?"[/colour]

If this worked, maybe they would still have a chance. At least these two ponies were unconscious - they weren't feeling any pain right now and the journey through the forest wouldn't be as excruciating for them as it would have been for Caymellow. He hoped that she at least was safe and dry with Silt.

"yes i will,"Sapphire said lifting the diamond dog slowly upwards on to the other pegasus back,being sure to not drop the unconscious pony on hers."follow me i know how to get back,"Sapphire said sorting her armor out suprised this pegasus wasn't scared by her complex looking like Nightmare moon."lets go,"Sapphire said trotting onwards.

Silt stood in the vast plains outside of Appalosa. The sun shown brightly overhead and warmed the colt's flank as he pawed the dust. A shadow moved across the ground, its wings distorted by the dips and groves of the plains. Looking up, Silt saw the figure silhouetted against the sun. Slowly it began to descend and the form grew bigger. It was a pegasus, a mare. She landed upon the ground and Silt ran to her; nuzzling up against her light lavender coat and standing on tip toe to bury his face in her long, royal purple mane.

"You're home!" he smiled at the tall, willowy mare. She smiled back, then pressed into the ground and took off with enough force to shake the earth beneath Silt. The world trembled and began to crumble around him. He panicked and began running, jumping from one stone mass to the next in an attempt to avoid falling into the dark abyss. The unicorn colt called out to the mare, but she was gone. His hooves slipped on the rocks and he began to tumble, down into the dark - into the gaping maw of wolves that growled and snapped and -

Silt Treble woke up with a start. A cold sweat had settled upon him and he sat for awhile and breathed. He was in his home in the Everfree, there was a mare named Caymellow, whom he had helped earlier, and there was a storm outside. There were other ponies he knew too - a winged mare and stallion by the names of Sapphire Swirl and Stormwing. Silt touched the scars on his chest, thinking of his dream wolves, and wondered for their safety. How long had they been out in the forest while he had slept? A feeling rose in him to go after them, but he already had a patient to tend to. The mare was already awake and about.

Standing and moving closer to the spring, Silt took a long drink to clear his head before asking the mare, [colour=#008000]"Feeling better?"[/colour]

(I may hop in with an interesting character. An oversized hamster that speaks in a somewhat squeaky accent, if you guys don't mind.)

Jogurt, a tawny brown hamster warrior, wandered the stormy Everfree Forest. He had been a recent arrival to this reality, his last memories being the victory over the Dark Dragon. Wiggling his nose, he checked his helmet and smelled a familiar horsey scent. Was that his comrade Mae or someone else? He didn't know but that howling he had heard wasn't a good sign. Gripping his sword tightly in a paw, he followed the scent.

Following his nose, he reached a tree. He looked about, squeaking in puzzlement. There wasn't any sign of them, yet the scent was so strong! "Hey! I can smell you! I'm pretty cold and wet out here! Mind letting me in?", he called out loudly, his voice a bit squeaky, banging on the tree trunk with his small circular shield.

Before Caymellow could reply, Silt had a sensation similar to somepony poking his flank. The colt looked over his shoulder, then up to the roof of the cavern. Roots from the tree above, his tree, poked through the ceiling. He felt the poking again. Yes, something was definitely knocking on the trunk. Silt knew this, he has had a connection with this particular plant ever since it was a seedling. Well, how could you not after pouring so much of your own magic, so much of yourself, into something?

[colour=#008000]"Excuse me,"[/colour] Silt said before cantering past the luminescent mushrooms and up the dirt stairs. Was it Storming or Sapphire? Had they come back? He had no way of knowing, as trees don't have eyes, only the ability to feel sensations. Silt summoned his magic, bathing the dirt walls in a shocking green, to loosen the twisted trunk to allow his friends passage into his home. [colour=#008000]"Hey! I'm glad-"[/colour]

The sight before Silt stopped him short. Who was this creature? It was a... hamster? Yes, a hamster in armor. Questions bubbled immediately in Silt's mind. How did this hamster find his tree, and how did he know to knock? The colt's first instinct was to tighten the trunk and go hide, but the visitor seemed quite miserable in its wet fur, and Silt was sure that hamsters were herbivores. [colour=#008000]"Can I... help you?"[/colour] Silt asked. Better to find out this visitor's intentions before letting him inside.

Silverbolt Lay on the back of Saphire, he drifted in and out of conciousness and his body heat still plummeted. He felt a little warpth when she had covered him with her feathers to keep him centered on her back. The trip seemed as though it took ages, every minute felt like a decade. After awhile of weaving through the trees they had seemed to stop and rest a moment. Silver opened his eyes and saw a pegasus carrying the diamond dog from earlier. He shivered in the cold rain, He was very hypothermic still. His hooves felt non existant, he knew they had lost the bloodflow to them to keep his most needed parts alive. He Panicked slightly at the thought of loosing his ability to walk. He turned his gaze around the dark forest to make sure no more timber wolves were following. [colour=#A9A9A9]"S.....some F....forest we ha......have here huh?" [/colour]He stammered through his chattering teeth. He knew his ability to lighten the mood was foolharde. He closed his eyes and rested.

jogurt.gif

Jogurt backed away as the roots and earth around the tree glowed a green he was quite familiar with. It brought to mind the brilliant green aura of the Force Sword, the blade used against the Dark Dragon by Max, the best swordsman in all of Rune. He was further taken aback when a pony appeared from the shadowy depths of the den beneath the tree. His sword hit the earth with a dull clang, as he shivered, partly out of the cold rain that had seeped into his fur as well as in shock when it spoke. It had asked him how it could help! Wrinkling his nose and tapping a paw to the earth, Jogurt took a breath and exhaled. The pony seemed to be afraid and quite surprised, and he decided to allay those fears by opening his maw to speak. "Yes, I guess you could help me. I'm Jogurt, I kind of dropped into this place rather recently. I could use a dry place to stay until the rain lets up at least. I didn't mean to startle you at all, I just smelled you guys and heard howling so I kind of followed my nose....", he answered the question, his voice still squeaky.

Having recovered from the initial shock, he bends down to pick up his sword and places it in it's sheath, bowing to the pony. He sniffs once more and smells another faint horsey scent, and something akin to a dog on the wind, blinking and shivering slightly. "I uh, smell more like you coming along... And a dog...", he whispers to the pony as he moves toward the den entrance slowly. He hoped those he was smelling were alright, considering all that he had heard and smelled in this forest since arriving. Nibbling on a vegetable, he waited for a response from the pony whose name he didn't know yet.