[Ponyville] Old Timers [OPEN]

"Oh kind of..." Mended Heart was spinning in circles just to get a look of everything. Then, she stopped to give attention to the filly Twist. Mended offered her hoof to shake. "Nice to meet you Twist. I'm Mended Heart from Canterlot, just visiting." The filly made her less uncomfortable at least with her energy. Mended Heart didn't know that she would be making a lot of friends here in Ponyville especially how awkward and shy she usually is.

"Letth bowl!"

"Uhm... yes! Let's bowl!" Mended Heart tried to smile and trotted right behind her. *CRASH!* Mended Heart stopped right before she nearlt tripped over Twist.

[colour=#696969]"You okay, Twist?" [/colour]commented Cranky.

[colour=#FF0000]"Fine and dandy. I'm jutht not very coordinated...heh..."[/colour]

As Mended was left by the rack to pick out a ball. Which one should she use? She liked that bright green one over there to the corner since bright green was her favorite colour. She tried to pick it up but she didn't realize it was so heavy! Mended Heart heaved the ball out. The ball made a loud bam creating a little crater on the wooden floor. It nearly nicked her hoof. The unicorn out of shock let out a high pitched scream.

"Great Mended Heart." she commented to herself. "Well ball, you want to do this the hard way?" Her horn glowed green, she was using her magic to pick up the ball. Her magic wasn't strong enough so it was just rolling alongside her as she approached her friends.

"H-hey.... guys..... ngggh....."

(Hint/help: She isn't weak. The ball is one of the heaviest.)

Pigpen was very surprised to see so much interest in his fly friends.

[colour=#FF0000]"Well Sea Swirl, Professor, Mr, Waddle, I really can't explain all of it," [/colour]the unkempt stallion began to speak, [colour=#FF0000]"flies naturally follow me, guess they like me, and over the years, me and these flies have become very close pals! They help me at the junkyard with minor tasks, it's as if they can understand what I'm thinking. I know that makes no sense, but that's just the way it is."[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"Amazing!" [/colour]added Mr Waddle.

[colour=#008000]"Dere has to be some logical explanation, Herr Pigpen!" [/colour]Professor Krashkop neighed. [colour=#008000]"I vish to study dis further, but for now, vee play dee bowling game, ja?"[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"Yes indeed! I look forward to our game together, are we ready to begin yet?" [/colour]

[colour=#3a3dbe]"And hello to you, too. Name's Sea Swirl."[/colour] she greeted the donkey, along with a welcoming smile. So he's Cranky... Sea Swirl thought, acquiring this new fact. The other filly was also revealed to be Twist, and appeared to be close friends with Cranky, as they both seemed quite familiar with each other, as if they've met each other many times before (which was probably the case).

The older mare, called "Heart" by Cranky, was now bowling on the lane. She had grabbed a bowling ball, notably heavy, and struggling to throw the ball out, the ball did not roll, but instead created a small crater on the lane. The mare was later enraged in a "fight" with the bowling ball, using her magic to attempt to pull the bowling ball out of the crater.

[colour=#3a3dbe]"Stop!"[/colour] Sea Swirl demanded tersely, then continuing. "I think it'll be better if we...switch to another lane. The employees here can fix it, and I don't think the lane is actually usable anymore." She moved to the lane she previously used, grabbing a new bowling ball, which, unlike Twist's and Heart's ball, was decent in weight.[colour=#3a3dbe] "So, if everypony is prepared, we can start. Who's going first?"[/colour]

Twist jumped up and down in place, incredibly excited to get bowling.

[colour=#ff0000]"Ooh! Ooh! I would love to go firtht!"[/colour]

Immediately Twist took her light ball bounded towards the lane next to them after Sea Swirl. Cranky immediately followed her, keeping a close eye on the foal so that she wouldn't topple over again.

[colour=#ff0000]"Remember to mark me on the thcore card."[/colour]

Twist reminded whoever was marking the score, and positioned her ball. She had been rolling it around so far, and unfortunately she wasn't blessed with unicorn magic to carry it. She took a ginger step back, then pushed the ball with her forehooves excitedly, rolling it straight down the lane. It hit 5 of the pins, and Twist stared at the pins in sheer concentration. When her ball returned to her on it's conveyor belt, she rolled it again and knocked down the other 5 pins.

[colour=#ff0000]"That'th a thplit!"[/colour]

She shouted to whoever was marking the score, and she bounced excitedly over to the bench.

[colour=#696969]"Nice work, Twist."[/colour]

Cranky praised the foal, mussing up her mane a little. She grinned at the donkey and high-hoofed him.

[colour=#696969]"Who's next?"[/colour]

"I'll give it a go!"

Mended Heart was a bit nervous, but she might have a knack for it. Mended Heart levitated another ball (thankfully light enough) and positioned it on the lane. Then Mended Heart, taking the ball with her hooves, rocked back and pushed like what Twist did. With a glee look on her face, the ball rolled into the gutter.

"Oh...." A little more practice maybe?

Professor Krashkop walked up to Mended Heart and gently placed one of his wings on her shoulder.

[colour=#008000]"Dere dere, fraulien, do not be discouraged," [/colour]the elderly green Pegasus said, [colour=#008000]"you vill do better vith yur next turn, ja? Vatch me und perhaps you vill learn from mein method."[/colour]

As the Professor rolled his ball up to the line, he produced a big sheet of paper, a slide rule and a pencil.

[colour=#696969]"Hay Professor, what are you doing?" [/colour]Mr Waddle asked.

[colour=#FF0000]"Yeah, what's with all the writing and stuff?" [/colour]added Pigpen.

[colour=#008000]"I am using applied physics und calculus to determine vhere to strike dis ball und dee speed to use to knock down all dee pins!" [/colour]the elderly Pegasus stallion announced, finishing up his written calculations as he approached his ball. Eyeing it up, he then proceeded to kick the bowling ball with his left front hoof. Striking the ball the way he did caused the rolling ball to have some 'spin' to it. The curve of the rolling bowling ball was perfect, striking the pins at the exact spot he calculated and knocking all the pins down at once.

[colour=#008000]"VUNDERBA! I GOT A STRIKE!" [/colour]the stallion shouted.

[colour=#FF0000]"Good job, Professor!" [/colour]added Pigpen.

[colour=#696969]"Er, Professor, is the ball supposed to do THAT?" [/colour]Mr Waddle asked, pointing to the alley. When the Professor turned around, he was horrified to see the 'spin' of his ball caused it to 'pop' out of the back of the lane and back out on the alley. Now, his bowling ball was picking up speed and rolling back towards the group of bowling ponies.

[colour=#008000]"ACK! UNEEMAL!" [/colour]Professor Krashkop yelled. [colour=#008000]"EVERYPONY VATCH OUT!"[/colour]

As Mr. Waddle worked to herd all of the pony bowlers to safety, Pigpen galloped up to the lane.

[colour=#FF0000]"I'll stop that wayward bowling ball!" [/colour]Pigpen announced, standing firm as he shook his shaggy body, causing enough dust and dirt to fall on the front of the alley that the rolling bowling ball skidded to a complete stop. [colour=#FF0000]"There! Nothing to it!"[/colour]

The Professor was about to thank him until he got a whiff of Pigpen's pundant odor, now amplified with all the unkempt pony's shaking.

[colour=#008000]"I tink vee vould've been better off letting dee ball hit us," [/colour]Professor Krashkop muttered, reaching one hoof up to hold his nose.

Sea Swirl couldn't believe it. The longer she remained in the group, the crazier things got.[colour=#3a3dbe] "Uhh...maybe I should go next."[/colour] The ponies here don't seem very skillful... maybe I could win without too much difficulty.

She positioned her bowling ball , closing one eye temporarily to maintain her aim correctly. Sea Swirl wanted to curve this ball, in hopes to hit the pins from the side and topple all of them with ease. That was what she planned of; Sea Swirl was not aware of the difficulty to execute such a task, let alone consider other possibilities. She was confident, too confident, that the ball would strike.

This was what prevented her from succeeding. Instead of the bowling ball striking the side as she expected, it instead went straightforward, hitting the tip. The mere hit only resulted in having three pins down; not good enough for the blue mare to conclude it as a "good" shot. She bit her lip in frustration, seeing herself failing in front of these ponies. She knew that she could do better, but in this case...she just couldn't.

[colour=#3a3dbe]"Well, better luck on the second shot!"[/colour] Sea Swirl said, and she picked up another bowling ball, this time it at the still standing apex pin. She felt that she should no longer take her chances with a curve ball, and shot it straight forward. The second attempt hit just four of the pins. Ugh...what is going on? Sea Swirl muttered in disbelief. [colour=#3a3dbe]"Might have messed up a bit,"[/colour] Sea Swirl declared the the group.

• 3 weeks later...

[colour=#282828]It was Cranky's turn to roll the ball, and he wasn't especially excited. However, this seemed to be a really fun group of ponies to play with. Little Twist nudged him, smiling cheerfully, and he took a few steps forward. He first stepped up to Mended Heart, rolling his ball with one hoof.[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"Hey, kid, don't worry too much about that gutter ball, okay?"[/colour]

[colour=#282828]He said, then stepped up to the alley and lightly kicked his ball forward. The pungent smell of Pigpen was still quite evident.[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"You can do it, Cranky!"[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Twist shouted, bouncing up and down. With confidence, Cranky watched as his ball rolled gently down the alley. Suddenly it started leaning to one side, and was quickly in the gutter.[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"Er, see Heart? Even the pros get gutter balls sometimes."[/colour]

• 1 month later...

"Indeed!" Mr. Waddle neighed, trying to make all his fellow bowlers feel better. "I do believe it is my turn to bowl."

"Go get'm Mr Waddle!" Pigpen cheered.

"Javol! Get a strike!" added Professor Krashkop as the elderly Earth pony rolled his ball up to the line with his front hooves. Carefully taking aim, Mr. Waddle gave his ball a gentle push, sending it slowly rolling down the alley. The ball began to veer to the left and by the time it reached the pins, rolled past the first three rows before knocking down a single pin on the last row.

"Need to aim a little better with this next ball," Mr. Waddle said as he launched his second ball. This time, the ball veered right and clipped a single pin on the other side.

"Well, that's two!" Pigpen said, trying to sound upbeat.

"Ja! Dee important ting here is to have fun!" the gray maned Pegasus stallion neighed. "Who vill be next?"