The Adventure of King Roc's Treasure Room

Heretic

The Adventure of King Roc's Treasure.

The sun beamed down brightly onto the griffin city of Talonpolis. It was midsummer, punishing the city with sweltering heat. Most of the griffins stayed in their homes, defying the weather with shade and drinks.

One such griffin was King Roc, who paced back and forth in his study. Featherweight, his royal advisor, waved a large red dragon scale over the King as a fan. As if the day wasn't hot enough, Roc was steaming with rage.

Despite King Roc's stubbornness, Featherweight had recently hired a bodyguard named Razorwing. Razorwing watched out the single useable window in the study, as all the other windows were blocked by bookshelves and armor stands. He was clad in scale armor.

Eventually King Roc stopped his pacing. In a rage, he punched a plate helmet that lay on a shelf, denting it. "Where the hell are they?"

Featherweight gulped. "Sire, we put the notice out only five hours ago..."

"Four hours and thirty-three minutes, to be precise." Razorwing corrected, watching the sun.

"The time isn't relevant!!" Roc yelled. "I want adventurers, not excuses! Threats on my life are not to be taken likely!"

Featherweight gave Razorwing an uneasy glance. "Sire, who says that this Flashfire will come through with his threat?"

"You weren't there one hundred and fifty-seven years ago!" King Roc yelled again. "The first time he attempted to murder me!"

Featherweight froze. "Sire, you realize only royals can live for such a long time?" He instantly regretted questioning King Roc, just barely ducking under another punch from the king.

"I don't know how he does it, Featherweight." A chill crept down the king's spine. "But I know it was him. There is no mistaking his tattoos!"

Featherweight had never seen his king so distraught. "Surely, sire, we can stop one rogue unicorn." The assistant reassured King Roc.

"You would think, wouldn't you?" King Roc muttered, staring off into space. After minutes of silence, King Roc turned to face Featherweight. "I cut him once. That's it. And when I cut him, he healed."

Featherweight raised an eyebrow, not really understanding. "Sire?"

Roc continued; "Instantly. I watched the wound close in front of my eyes." King Roc grabbed a marked book from one of the shelves, opening it to a bookmarked page. He showed it to Featherweight. "Necromancy magic. I only just figured it out recently." The king placed the book back onto the shelf, and began pacing again. "There is only ONE artifact that comes to mind that can cancel the effects of necromancy magic."

Featherweight nodded, understanding. "Your old sword, sire?"

"Yes, Featherweight. Mountain Cleaver. We need it to stop Flashfire. Which is why I need adventurers. To go get it."

Razorwing interrupted; "I think they are here." He said, watching a few figures enter the bottom floor of the palace.

(That would be you guys.)

Indimara Jess galloped toward the location that she had heard of, a place of Adventure!! She was eager to see what she would explore this time, oh how she explored sooo many locations before,syne she had already been here and just forgot? She shrugged and soon reached te palace doors and knocked with 3 sharp, but soft, raps on the door with her hoof

(ooc): Here comes a whole group of adventurers!

sml_gallery_475_9_5180.jpgTexas Tilly

sml_gallery_475_9_22372.jpgSilver

myaN5s.jpg Larry the Cable Pony

cyclops_pony_by_points4stuff-d3summf.png Sye Klops

200px-Con_Mane%27s_bowtie_releasing_gas_S2E24.png Con Mane

Five ponies approached the huge door to the palace together. The lone mare of the group, named Texas Tilly (or Tilly for short) was decked out in a blue and white cowpony outfit. Her bobcat-like fur and features were clearly visible. Next to her was a larger metallic looking alicorn stallion, apply named Silver. This computerized pony, like Tilly, came from an alternate world and are now stuck in Equestria, their bodies transformed into their present 'pony' forms. Next to the robotic Silver was a rotund stallion in a cowpony hat, the not-so-famous comedian Larry The Cable Pony. With them came two detective stallions, the one eyed super sleuth Earth Pony Sye Klops and the Equestria unicorn super spy Con Mane. All five spotted Indimara Jess waiting and knocking on the door.

[colour=#8b4513]"Howdy ma'am!" [/colour]Larry the Cable Pony said with a wide grin. [colour=#8b4513]"How about a date?"[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"Quit yur flirtin' lover boy!" [/colour]Texas Tilly neighed as she rapped on the door with her two front hooves. [colour=#ff0000]"Looks like no pony's answerin' this here door. Hay Silver, kin ya open it fer us?"[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"AFFIRMATIVE!" [/colour]the cybernetic alicorn spoke in robotic voice as his horn glowed. The doors began to glow slightly as they swung open. [colour=#696969]"TASK ACHIEVED!"[/colour]

[colour=#8b4513]"Looks like ol' tin head's purty useful after all! GITT'R DONE!" [/colour]Larry giggled as Tilly rushed over to him, waving a hoof in the air.

[colour=#ff0000]"You best not be makin' fun of mah pal Silver, unless ya wanna hard kick where the sun don't shine!" [/colour]the furious mare snarled, making Larry cringe in fear.

[colour=#0000ff]"Now let's not quarrel," [/colour]Sye Klops chimed in. [colour=#0000ff]"Remember, we're all friends here ready to help on a noble quest!"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"Quite right, Detective Klops," [/colour]Con Mane said as the dapper dressed stallion adjusted his bowtie. [colour=#006400]"Let's enter the palace and find out what this task is all about,"[/colour]

Tilly and Larry nodded and then followed the others inside, Larry lagged behind as the overweight stallion walked with Indimara Jess.

[colour=#8b4513]"Say miss, know of any good restaurants round these here parts? I ate had nutin' ta eat since lunch and that was only an hour ago," [/colour]Larry asked.

[colour=#ff0000]"LARRY! STOP PESTERIN' THAT LADY AN' GIT YUR KEISTER UP HERE!" [/colour]Texas Tilly shouted back to him.

[colour=#8b4513]"Jist hold yur horses, gal! Say! I made a funny! Hold yur horses, and they're all horses! I don't care who ya are, that's funny!" [/colour]Larry laughed.