Journey around Equestria-Ponies needed! (Open to anyone and everyone!) [Planning/Interest check]

See for yourself. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be generating much interest. I would be inclined to start the "Meet up" thread soon though now that everyone's characters have been approved. Shall we?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing the locations selected are the Crystal Empire, Ponyville, Stalliongrad, Germaney and Dodge Junction.

There will be no rationing system.

And the focus will be on a bit of both.

I'm still waiting for one more thing to be finalized, but at this point I'll be happy to join with Cherry Berry in Ponyville and I suppose I could come up with a reason for Bright Calcite to meet you all in the Crystal Empire.

I did a quick search of the character logs, and it looks like you might be hard-pressed to find host ponies in Germaney. A quick search of the forums returned a handful of ponies who came from there but live elsewhere, and that's it. I do have another character who might be able to rock up there (a REA pony who was garrisoned there for a bit - could go back for a visit and show you around while he's there). Same thing goes for Cherry Berry with Dodge Junction - it was a second home to her growing up so she'd be happy to go back for a visit as well and be a host of sorts, but the little thing I'm waiting to have finalized will probably be of greater interest for you if visiting Dodge Junction. ;)

I've been waiting for this for a while :) Start whenever!

Also! This is great! We are going to the Crystal Empire and it is a great chance for me to bring in Ruby! :D Just for the Crystal Empire that is

Okay! Final run through:

Places we're visitng:

1) Ponyville, and meeting Cherry Berry

2) Dodge Junction. I was thinking maybe Mustang might be there? You said lower heartland, and dodge junction is about as low as you'll get in the heartland. We can change that of it won't work though, Mustang!

3) Head north to Stalliongrad and meet Flying Brick.

4) Crystal Empire ( :Pinkie: :):Pinkie:) , see Bright Calcite.

5) Germaney and meet... Okay hopefully we'll have a host by then!

And then it's head home!

I'm gonna put the meetup thread (And the last "Goodbye" thread if we have one) in private RP as we don't really need anyone joining them. I wasn't gonna have a strict posting order, but just try to make sure everybody gets a word in when they ought to , guys and gals. I'll post a link when I've written it.

So, this is my first big thing finally starting up. To quote the respectable Pinkameena Diane Pie "I'm so nervousited!".

Thread is up! So, everypony who's in the original group should come here and introduce themselves, then Auri will explain the plan and give everyone a chance to get to know each other. This thread should be reasonably short, just a formality to get us started!

As for when we do get to other places, I was hoping that the "host" for each location could start off the thread. They can either be expecting the party, or simply in the area to give the setting and all that. Y'know, if all you host characters are okay with doing that, thanks!

Just to be safe..Who is in the original group? If Fire Walker is, I shall be posting on Tuesday...Dealing with some drama today and tomorrow..But will be a posting machine Tuesday...

Tacobob: I was under the impression Fire Walker was in the starting group, yes.

Mustang: He could be in the starting group if you like, this does mean we don't have a host for Dodge Junction now, but Jane did say that Cherry Berry might travel down with them, so we can rely on that if we don't find a another host. And then there's that "little thing" that's getting finalised you say.

Mustang: Sounds great, you could go make an introduction post in the thread whenever.

BbqdPizza: While the thread has been started, people are free to join in in the other locations we will be visiting. So you can just join along the way if your app isn't accepted in time to join the group at the start.

Quill: That's fine, I'm sure we can all wait until Friday.

Alright! Cherry Jubilee will be the 'host' in Dodge Junction! :D

Good job on her character BTW! Didja know she was based off a character from the old show "Gunsmoke"?

f6mg.jpg

"Her mane, voice, and beauty mark appear as a nod to Miss Kitty from Gunsmoke." (From the Pony Wiki). Another reason I love the show so much..How they just stick stuff in like that... <3

Apologies for not posting in the thread! Got caught up in some stuff...

Anyways. I will post shortly :) Also I just wanted to post so I could show off my awesome new signature :) Thanks Jane :)

@Tacobob - I actually had no idea actually. I just went with stereotypical southern belle character, though. I shall have to look into that show! :)

I had an idea just now and I want to see what you guys think of it:

Since some people in the party may be of the less adventurous persuasion, rather than drag everypony through a dangerous journey, I might have the "Adventure" part of each thread take place when Auri and whoever wants to come with him goes just outside the city/town to sketch a map, leaving anypony more tourist-ly inclined behind momentarily. Thoughts?

I like that idea :D But it's whatever for anyone else! Also, once my new OC gets accepted I was wanting to bring him along :) He should get stamped soon and he is more adventurous.