[Road from Ponyville] Picking Up the Peaces [Mojo/Riverhippo]

Hippo

Mojo smiled when Flax Seed accepted his offer of tea.

"Well Flax, since it's about midday at the moment, I'd suggest me mellow mornin' blend! It's me own mix of relaxin' tea ta bring calm and inner peace ta the soul! I'll whip up a batch quicker than ya can say 'Bob's yur Uncle!'"

With surprising speed, the hippie brony created a small fire and rigged up a 'stand' over it to boil the water for the tea. He then tossed several teabags into the pot.

"There we go! It'll be ready very soon. And I have ta tell ya, Flax, me pal Starflower's no snob. She's very kind and carin', after all she founded a clinic in her hometown ta help ponies stay healthy! In fact, she's got such a kind heart, I'd make a go at datin' her if she wasn't as old as me own mum, but don't tell'r I said that! AH! Tea's ready!"

Within seconds, Mojo had a nice hot cup of tea ready for Flax Seed to sample. He sat it on a makeshift card table he had previously brought out of his wagon.

"Do ya take yur tea with honey or lemon, pal?" Mojo asked before he began to pour the tea into cups.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Due to decisions to restructure the forum and trim unneeded sections, the Private RP Forum will soon be removed. As such, recently active RP threads in this section have been moved to the sections in the WoE we deemed to be the best fit for them. If you would prefer your thread be moved to another section in WoE, or to a Free RP section, please contact a moderator and we will be happy to move it as you desire.*

~Canterlot.com staff.

banner_flax_zps64608f9d.png

Flax watched in light amusement at Mojo's enthusiasm to entertain him with his process, but maintained the all too serious tone of the minor joking details lost in social situations for the light orange pony. "But, I don't have an uncle named Bob." Flax, perplexed at the saying, took hold of the cup underneath Mojo's now ready to pour tea, and responded rather suddenly for the question of condiments. "Yes, honey please." Flax then covered the top of his cup. "Wait. Was the honey removed using gravity or a mechanical pump?"

Applejack.pngMadden.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

Mojo smiled as he put some honey into Flax's tea.

"Chill out, pal. Gravity's a groovier way of gettin' honey than usin' some kinda gear-driven contraption," the Paint stallion said as he gave his friend his tea. "And ya won't be findin' any mechanical nonsense on me parent's farm either. All of me family's inta doin' farmin' the all natural way. Can ya dig it?"

Flax was pleased with the response, but his facial expression remained in questioning. He squinted at Mojo as tried to understand and reply with his own interpretation of exactly what 'digging it' meant. "We do dig, back on our farm. Is that all you do is dig? Is that why some of your pelt is brown because you constantly get dirty? What kinds of things do you dig on your farm? Is there anything that maybe we don't, like, dig? We just turn the garden soil once every month, and twice a month for our veg patches. Helps keep the earth materials and minerals fresh in season. And sometimes, our farm dog will dig holes in the backyard. Otherwise, we usually just keep things above ground." Flax sipped his tea. It was raw, earthy, and had a strong bite of dirt and humus in it. He liked it. "What things do you dig? Anything interesting?"

Applejack.pngMadden.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

Mojo was a bit surprised at the apparent miscommunication going on between himself and his new friend Flax Seed. The Paint stallion pondered for a moment before replying.

"Half a 'mo, chum," Mojo said with a bright smile as he spoke with a happy tone, "when I asked ya, 'can ya dig it?', I meant did ya understand me? Sorry bout me language slang words, just a force'a habit. Like, I often refer ta those of the female gender as 'babe' or 'love' and that got me inna bit'a hot water with a pretty filly named AppleJack. I thought that blinkin' mare was gonna knock me block off that last time she warned me NOT to call'r 'babe' again. Never could understand why her Gran's been tryin' to get the two of us together. Don't get me wrong, Flax, AppleJack's one happenin' chick, but I don't think she'd be groovy with me courtin' her. By the way, pal, if ya don't mind me askin', howdidya meet your soulmate?"

"Oh, well, then, why didn't you just ask me if I understand?" Flax would never admit his own social blunders, but he was quick to point out others. He didn't understand most ponies anyway, so it's inevitable with almost everypony. "Wheat Grass and I met by the lakes. We were both looking for a place to sleep under Princess Luna's nighttime sky, and we both realized that we both share the same values when it comes to, like, natural ingredients." Flax acted like he understood almost everything Mojo was saying at this point, but he didn't. It seemed like whenever he questioned what he was saying, it just sparked the need for more questions. "That's interesting that you have this friend who jacks apples, Granny was her name? I just have one question. Who is Moe, and why is there only half of him?"

Mojo smiles as he hears Wheat Grass's story.

"That's one groovy love story, chum! Maybe someday in the future I can be findin' meself a ideal soul mate too! Oh, ya mean Granny Smith? Forgive me pal, I thought you'd heard of the Apple Family. They're a groovy group of farmin' Earth Ponies who's main crops is, apples. Ya got the Gran, she's the heart an' soul of the Apple clan. Great old gal, kinda loopy sometimes, but she's cool. Then there's the three grandkids, AppleJack, Big MacIntosh and Applebloom. Applejack's quite a looker! She a hard workin' mare who'd easily have a whole line of suitors if she'd seek'm. Her big brother Big MacIntosh is the strong, silent type. Can't get that bounder ta say much more than 'Eeyup' or 'Enope' most of the time, so he's not exactly strong on conversation. The youngest of the three is AppleBloom. Poor little filly doesn't even have her cutie mark yet. I betch you'd like'm a lot, Wheat Grass! I'm been on their farm a few times meself."

Mojo then looked a little stunned at his final question.

"Oh, that was just a figure o' speech, chum! No worries. How is your tea? Would ya like some more? Got plenty in the pot!"

• 2 weeks later...

"So Granny Smith is your, like, soul mate? Well, it's too bad that Applejack girl isn't your soul mate, with how you explain her and all." Flax thought for a moment before realizing that this Applejack mare might be the one others were telling him about. In trying to get sales for the farm's products, insiders told him they they need to learn from the best, and in Ponyville, best, most lucrative market, belonged to the family that sells apples. He wasn't sure how important it was, but seeing as how he just got informed again from an unbiased approach from a pony who seemed to take a lot of Flax's interests at heart, Flax decided that he might want to delve deeper into that lead. That, and also the mayor.

"Yes I would like some more chum tea. But, did you just call me Wheat Grass? I'm Flax Seed, of Flax and Wheat."

"Oh, sorry bout that, Flax," Mojo said as he served the Earth stallion more tea, "sometimes me mind skips a beat, but I'll try ta stay in tune more often. Speakin' of tunes, do you and yur soul mate play music and sing? Oh, Granny Smith's not me soul mate. Grand ol' gal's old enough to be me mum's mum. I did once have'a crush on Twilight Sparkle, but I betcha I hadn't a chance in Tarturus in winnin' her heart now that she's sprouted wings. Speakin' of wings, how do ya feel about Pegasi? I'm open minded bout'm, seein's how I have a number of winged friends."

"We only like organic music made from organic instruments made with organic materials that were grown from organic trees. But since we don't have any, we don't much play anything. Wheat and I did go to a Limon and Gallopuckle concert a couple weeks ago. That was pretty sweet. As far as pegasi? I'd rather just talk about other earth ponies, ya know. Keep our hooves on the ground. Do you know other earth ponies that have our taste of nature? We should start a circle of trust. Maybe we can turn this part of Equestria more earthy than any pony has ever seen."

"Jolly good, Flax!" Mojo neighed. "Sounds groovy ta me! YOU got ta hear Limon and Gallopuckle? That's far out, chum! Love their folk music! I know me dear mum and dad would dig that idea too! We can bring it up when I introduce ya to'm later. As for music, being a natural woodcarver at heart, I hoofmade me own guitar ta play! I also made some groovy bongo drums, I sell'm from me wagon. Tell ya what, Flax. Ya wanna try a pair of'm out? Bet you'd be s real cool cat play'n the bongos, wearin' a beret and a pair of shades! Whatdoya think?"

"Dude, I was. Wow, I was just about to ask that! That would be like, awesome!" Flax never had the opportunity to make music before, and he saw this as a great way to get him and Wheat to enter into some interpretive styles of artistic performance, and maybe even start their own chain of music-making. Who knows? Maybe goops for stuff is not so much a product that will sell itself, but will be an accessory to Flax and Wheat's chain of natural and hoof-made materials and music. It would change the lives of ponies everywhere. "When can can we get some of that stuff. Like, is right now a good time?"

• 3 weeks later...

"Now would be groovy, chum!" Mojo neighed, "got all that gear in me peddler's wagon right over there!"

The Paint stallion pointed to his wagon parked down the road. Quickly entering the back of the wagon, the hippie brony emerged with a set of bongo drums.

"Here ya are for starters, Flax. Wanna give'm a go?" Mojo asked as he took out his guitar. "What's yur hat size? I got a few berets in me wagon and some sunglasses too!"

"Sweet!" Flax grabbed the drums with his mouth, and then placed them on the ground, in a small grassy patch that would be soft enough to sit on. He sat down and started alternating his front hooves onto the tops of the drums. He played a simple one-two beat, and he couldn't help but close his eyes. In his mind he saw the beat compete against his heart, and then he just gave into the rhythm. Out loud, Flax was vocalizing his interpretations, still drumming. "Our minds are frozen. With the fear of forgetting. Who we were before. The storm came." Flax played the drums fast and then stopped.

He opened his eyes and then looked at Mojo. "Dude that was like. Whoa. Give me the glasses I wanna try that again with those. I don't think I can wear a hat, like, with the way my mane is."

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

"Far out! Here ya are, pal," Mojo said, giving Flax Seed a pair of sunglasses, "Really groovy bongo playin'! Yur a natural! Since ya don't wanna wear the beret, I do it. Got me guitar here so we can have a swingin' jam session! Let me warm the ol' hooves up a little first."

Mojo began to strum his guitar, first playing the 'scales' to check to see if his guitar was tuned right, and then he started playing a soft melody.

"There we go! All set an' ready ta play! If ya wanna lead, I'll follow your tune, Flax!"

Flax put the glasses on. Immediately, he realized how much darker everything seemed. And though darkness is often uncool, this time it seemed to give him a deeper perspective on the things he was feeling. He felt at one with nature, and the presence he and Mojo were creating helped him to dive deeper and deeper into his being. Or so, that's how he interpreted it. "Dude, these glasses. They make everything look, like, darker." As Mojo started strumming his own being into a guitar, Flax started leading a tune, and it would be impromptu than the first. He started drumming slowly but ten sped up to a fast heart beat, and then slowed down to a stop again. "We are the ponies with the power." Flax hits the drum once. "We create the false society of hierarchies." Flax hits the drum twice. "We need to live and let live." Flax hits the drum once. "And don't let the mare keep you down!" Flax started drumming a rhythm, and started making strange noises from his mouth that sounded like something an ancient tribal pony would sing.

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

"Good show, Flax!" Mojo shouted as he continued to play his guitar with his new friend's singing, "dig that groovy swingin' beat! Yur hip to the jive! Sing it, pal!"

The Paint stallion was pleasantly surprised with Flax's performance. Perhaps this was the way to finally convince him of Mojo's honest and noble intentions.

Flax kept drumming to his own content, maintaining a typical repetition His eyes closed, he focused on his spiritual surroundings, and he felt comfortable in them that they might better his aura, and perhaps Mojo's as well. The only problem, was that Mojo was not filling in the gaps. Flax stopped playing for a second and made it clearer from his perspective. "Um, yeah this is where, like, you come in. This is your verse." Flax nodded after the statement and then continued to alternate on the bongo.

"Oh! Jolly good, I'll give it a go!" Mojo neighed as the duo got the music going again:

"How many years must a pony climb, but he can reach the sky?

How many days must a pony wait, before she begins to cry?

The answer my friend, is blowin' in the wind, the answer is blowin' in the wind...

How many times must a pony yell, before any ponies will hear?

How many moons must a pony see, before the stars appear?

The answer my friend, is blowin' in the wind, the answer is blowin' in the wind"

As the Paint pony continued to play, he nodded at Flax, hoping he'd pick up on the signal for him to take the next lyircs singing session.

Flax cleared his throat and continued the song with his verse, which was not rehearsed, of course, but straight from his heart.

"How many seeds must an earth pony grow, before you can call her a mare?

How many storms must a pegasus bring, before you can call her unfair?

And how many rules must a unicorn make, before we all know they don't care?

The answer my friend, is blowing in the wind. The answer is blowing in the wind.

So how many threats must a pegasus speak, before we all turn them down?

And how many tricks will the unicorns perform, before we take away all their crowns?

How many years will the earth pony suffer, before we make smiles from these big ugly frowns?

The answer my friend, is blowing in the wind. The answer is blowing in the wind."

Though Mojo was happy that Flax Seed had picked up on the lyrics of their impromptu song, he was a bit taken aback at some of his choice of words. However, not wanting to cause any trouble, the Paint pony decided to just let it slide and continue singing with his new friend:

"How many wheels must a wagon have, before it rolls away?

How many times must the son rise up, before, we can call it a day?

The answer my friend, is blowin' in the wind. The answer is blowin' in the wind!

How many frogs must a hollow log have, before we hear it croak?

How many times must we hear a pun, before we can call it a joke?

The answer my friend, is blowin' in the wind, the answer is blowin' in the wind!"

"How many leaves must fall from the trees, before autumn has come to and end?

How many times must a pony help, before another can call them a friend?

How many talks should a couple ponies have, before all the bad things unbend?

The answer my friend, is blowing in the wind. The answer is blowing in the wind."

Flax played a drum solo, that consisted of randomly hitting the bongos in no repetitive motion whatsoever. And without warning he stopped playing. "Dude that was like, whoa. We should play again, and with other ponies with the same ideals!!"

"That's a groovy idea, Flax," Mojo said with a smile, "I had ta admit, learned all I know about singin' an playin' folk music from me own mum and dad. Does yur lady love Wheat Grass know how ta sing an' play? Besides me parents, don't know of any pony else who know how ta.. well, I know me friend Julibee's cool, but I think folk music maybe outta her league. She can play piano and a lot of other instruments, but not sure she can play folk music all that well. Starflower has enough rhythm ta shake a tamborine, but I don't think she's hip to our jibe."

• 2 weeks later...

Flax was disappointed that Mojo couldn't really think off hoof of ponies that would side with that ideal. "So, you don't have any friends that have your ideals?" Flax was concerned. Should this pony really have no moral support for his ideal standing, he figured he might have to be the one to side with him on that. Of course, a little refining would be necessary, as the mentioning of a few disrespectful pegasus and unicorn ponies might detour him from what Flax would consider the correct path. "How is it you have your standing then?"