The only people who don't like MLP have never seen it. Fact or Fiction?

pollo20x6

So two months ago, my friend was helping me make a video poking fun at the statement that if you watch one episode, you instantly get hooked. My friend told me that I couldn't judge the show until actually gave it a chance. I did. Got hooked, cancelled that video and two months later, that same friend decided to give it a chance. Here's his opinion if you're interested in seeing if there will be a new brony or not.

For me and my personal experience, it's a fact. haha Couldn't break away after Ep. 1.

But yeah, I agree with you. The idea came from that krabby patty/mlp meme and we thought it would be a good theme for our video. In my real opinion, yeah, that's a ridiculous statement. lol

I have shown this show to several people, and as has already been mention, tastes just vary. My Dad watched a few episodes with me, and he just plain doesn't see the appeal (although, to be fair, I don't see the appeal of the reality TV he watches, so-o). My sister has watched and enjoyed a couple of episodes, but she's far from jumping right into it. One of my friends watched all of season 1 with me, and has no intention of sitting through season 2 as well. And then I showed it to my little brother, and he loves it. So, pretty much what Steel said. :P

I still say if you watch one, you're hooked.

I say that in a joking manner cuz while I know its not true, it's what I tell myself to explain why I was so blown away by episode one. Haha

also, that phrase has a bigger meaning between my friend and me cuz its the reason I got into the show. It was the basis for my first video, that ill probably never release from how innacurate it portrayed the show. It played out like its a curse to like mlp when really, its the opposite.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a friend whom I suspect is slowly turning into a Brony. He told me at one time he doesnt care for it and I never thought he would be into it in the first place. But his growing knowledge of the show plus showing his some hilarious pony vids that he also enjoyed, I think he's turning into one. Let the record show that knowing my friend as well as I do, I was certain he wouldnt care for it and I didnt talk to him much about the show only that I watch it and cosplay ponies from time to time.

I still find it hard to believe. I found it even harder to believe when I found out some fans recommend avoid watching the first episodes since they will likely turn one off to the idea of watching more.

I thought the first episodes were as good as the rest. It just made me feel more and more that you can't watch just one.

I should get my friend to watch equestria girls. That'd be an experience.

Of course it's fiction. It doesn't matter how many people you may know that get hooked, or didn't like it at first but painstakingly got hooked. There are over seven billion people on the face of the Earth, you can't possibly say that every single one of them could eventually like MLP over some course of time. And people who do think on the contrary have some serious issues in thinking within the realms of reality.

It's just a cartoon, and the brony subculture is not some sort of revolutionary phenomenon. This mode of thought seems to come with the thought that MLP can change every person that watches it, which is completely asinine and has about as much logic and factual structure as a Fox News report.

• 2 weeks later...

I would say half and half, because people have certain opinions about different things, such as My Little Pony, and other shows.

Yeah, it is true that the majority of the people who hate on MLP never seen it, but I have meet people who don't like it, and HAVE seen it, and just don't like it.

I guess we have to accept other people's opinions.

The fun thing about opinions is that they're opinions. Make them accept fact, then accept their praise for opening their eyes.

It's just a cartoon, and the brony subculture is not some sort of revolutionary phenomenon. This mode of thought seems to come with the thought that MLP can change every person that watches it, which is completely asinine and has about as much logic and factual structure as a Fox News report.

I loled so hard. XD

Also yeah pretty much. I showed it to two of my friends. One of em acknowledged it does some pretty neat things and the other is a fan of the show (though not nearly to the extent I am). The other several of 'em that aren't my ex-girlfriend who got me into it? They talk plenty bull about it regardless of whether they have or haven't.

• 11 months later...

Archived