Citizenship List

SonicBoom01

Just an idea I had a little bit ago. I noticed that a fair amount of people have their RP Availability set as "Available, PM me." Meaning they'll RP if you PM them. However, that's kind of hard to do if you're RPing in the East, and the person your PMing only has characters in the West. To make this a bit easier for people, my idea is to have something similar to the list of the businesses we have in the RP world, but with the characters.

The list could look something like this (I apologize beforehand if the owners of the 2 characters besides mine did not want me to use theirs, they were the only ones I knew lived in the same place as my character.);

//| Fillydelphia |\\

• [*:2ibhqoza]
Frostbite, Weather Pony, Owned by SonicBoom01
[*:2ibhqoza]Re-Roll, Game Shop Owner, Owned by daftBLUE
[*:2ibhqoza]Shutterbug, Photo Shop Owner, Owned by cheese canan

This would make things a bit easier by allowing you to easily see what characters live where, and have access to who RPs them and a reference to how they'd act in the RP. This would keep you from having to dig through the forums trying to find characters that live near your where your RP is taking place and would fit in the RP.

I'm working on a massive shared, sortable spreadsheet with this information :)

Let me know if you want to help.

This is the format:

Active/not active

The Basics

• [*:qktcuyci]Character Name (links to character profile)

• [*:qktcuyci]Player (links to player log)

• [*:qktcuyci]Species

A/S/L
  • [*:qktcuyci]Age

• [*:qktcuyci]Sex

• [*:qktcuyci]Residence

• [*:qktcuyci]Occupation

• [*:qktcuyci]Employer

Appearance

• [*:qktcuyci]Pelt

• [*:qktcuyci]Mane+Tail

• [*:qktcuyci]Build

Okay, just so it is clear.

Ponies that live/reside/create/intend to remain in one region DO NOT have to keep their Roleplays in any particular regions.

In other words Ponies can roleplay anywhere in Equestria, regardless of where they are from. As a result, this list really isn't necessary. Where someone is, or from, does not mean they have to stay or roleplay in any specific region. The purpose of the 'Residence' is to give an idea of where a pony is from. It does not mean they are required to roleplay there, or even stay there.

Okay, just so it is clear.

Ponies that live/reside/create/intend to remain in one region DO NOT have to keep their Roleplays in any particular regions.

In other words Ponies can roleplay anywhere in Equestria, regardless of where they are from. As a result, this list really isn't necessary. Where someone is, or from, does not mean they have to stay or roleplay in any specific region. The purpose of the 'Residence' is to give an idea of where a pony is from. It does not mean they are required to roleplay there, or even stay there.

I know that, but when I RP I like to not just have a sudden warp across the world. If I say my character's going to Canterlot in an RP, I'm going to also RP the journey there, stopping at various towns along the way an etc, to add a level of detail. This is a bit taxing to do it whenever someone sends a PM requesting to play in an RP, when it could be easier to just find someone willing to RP with a character near the area. Alongside that, there's also the idea of knowing the terrain. For example, in my active thread, Welcoming Committee, Frostbite is trying to find his way around Fillydelphia for the first time. In this case, if I'm going to RP a character who's trying to find his way around Fillydelphia, I'm sure I'm not going to PM someone who only has characters in Appleloosa or Canterlot. The idea of this list was to make it easier for people in an RP like that to find characters that would fit better.

This might be useful, although the Yellow Pages seems to be easier, if you let your fingers do the walking... xD

Maybe you can help out @the Yellow Pages?

Give me a bit, and I'll see what I can do. I need to go through the new posts on the threads I've posted on first, though.

I know that, but when I RP I like to not just have a sudden warp across the world. If I say my character's going to Canterlot in an RP, I'm going to also RP the journey there, stopping at various towns along the way an etc, to add a level of detail. This is a bit taxing to do it whenever someone sends a PM requesting to play in an RP, when it could be easier to just find someone willing to RP with a character near the area. Alongside that, there's also the idea of knowing the terrain. For example, in my active thread, Welcoming Committee, Frostbite is trying to find his way around Fillydelphia for the first time. In this case, if I'm going to RP a character who's trying to find his way around Fillydelphia, I'm sure I'm not going to PM someone who only has characters in Appleloosa or Canterlot. The idea of this list was to make it easier for people in an RP like that to find characters that would fit better.

Your character doesn't have to magically warp across the world, nor do you have to roleplay entire journeys to roleplay in one area or another, that's kinda nonsensical. After all, we don't always cruise around everywhere in the real world to our own theme song, or write a detailed step-by-step journal (Or heaven forbid, twitter) of every move we make, we tend to assume that some things just took place. And you can participate in more than one Roleplay simultaneously. That means you can have your character in Fillydelphia, also participating in a roleplay in Canterlot while at the exact same time, enjoying a roleplay in Trottingham. They don't have to be connected to one another, and they don't even have to take place at the exact same time.

Oh, there's already a topic like this. :)

Equestria Yellow Pages

This look like what you were working on?

Sort of, but more for just the characters living in what area. Thanks, though. If you want help with it or anything just PM me with what you need and I'll see what I can do. :D

Your character doesn't have to magically warp across the world, nor do you have to roleplay entire journeys to roleplay in one area or another, that's kinda nonsensical. After all, we don't always cruise around everywhere in the real world to our own theme song, or write a detailed step-by-step journal (Or heaven forbid, twitter) of every move we make, we tend to assume that some things just took place. And you can participate in more than one Roleplay simultaneously. That means you can have your character in Fillydelphia, also participating in a roleplay in Canterlot while at the exact same time, enjoying a roleplay in Trottingham. They don't have to be connected to one another, and they don't even have to take place at the exact same time.

It's really just me. I don't have to, yet I have to at the same time. That's just how I am. I like consistancy, and I like having events happen in order and have them relate to each other. It's like I have to do it that way.

It's really just me. I don't have to, yet I have to at the same time. That's just how I am. I like consistancy, and I like having events happen in order and have them relate to each other. It's like I have to do it that way.

Well, sure, if that's how you want to roleplay and keep things consistent and straight, that's fine, but I think it's a little bit limited unnecesssarily and it's one of the things we were trying to move away from here. Lots of people here came from other boards where they were required to roleplay in exactly that fashion, and we don't want to be as limited here.

Well, sure, if that's how you want to roleplay and keep things consistent and straight, that's fine, but I think it's a little bit limited unnecesssarily and it's one of the things we were trying to move away from here. Lots of people here came from other boards where they were required to roleplay in exactly that fashion, and we don't want to be as limited here.

I understand. Let me apologize beforehand if I do screw this up in the future, and I'll try leaning away from my usual way of RPing when I'm here. You know what they say though, old habits are hard to break.

I understand. Let me apologize beforehand if I do screw this up in the future, and I'll try leaning away from my usual way of RPing when I'm here. You know what they say though, old habits are hard to break.

Hey, I think its fine if you want to develop a list; I cant of course promise it will be used officially, but I don't see the harm in having a resource, or letting you carry an interest in it.The Yellow Pages does do something similar, but perhaps you will develop a few off-shoot ideas. If you want to be helpful in developing things for the board, its always good to check in with me or the other staff so we can inform you on the projects we're workin' on, that might not be visible to the community yet.

As for how you choose to RP- you can RP your OC's as linear as you like- I can understand the appeal to that- but you should be (and probably are) aware that other people won't hold that framework because we don't require it of them- and it allows them to be in multiple RP's at once (for some of the very frequent RPers).