The Jam and Cream needs YOU!

Hello there everypony!! There is a pony couple in Canterlot that needs your help! Maple Scoops and Sweet Symphony are in the process of starting their own business! Isn't that exciting? They have a vision for an ice cream parlor and jazz club, but they cant make it happen with out YOU! That's right, they need all the help that they can get! This place is falling apart at the seams!

What would be wonderful is if you could post here that you are interested in helping the couple and then we can work out how you could help and join into the RP so it can be more fluid! At the moment there is a short thread between Maple and Symphony to set the scene of what we have to work with. Once that has run its course and there is some interest in helping shown we will start up the bigger thread where you all can come and play!

This will be an amazing amount of fun!! So who wants to help??

~Sage AkA Freddie Freewings

What kind of help will you be looking for? Manual labor? Skilled carpenters? Architects? Musicians? Let us know what you need and we'll send help your way!

Any and all of the above! We will need the manual labor to help with the big projects of fixing it up, carpenters to help with the wood-worms and the replacing of some of the super-structure, architects might be helpful to get everything in order, and well musicians will be a wonderful addition once the floor wont fall out from underneath them.

Once CherryRei hops on again, we can hopefully better clear things up with a preliminary structure to what we need. More or less at the moment we were looking for anypony at all to help out, and then work them into the idea of the story!

Thanks again Dio!!

~Sage AkA Freddie Freewings

HELLO EVERYPONY!

Oh my gosh, I can't believe how many response we're getting already!

Okays, so there's a little bit of set up we need to do before launching into this endeavour. Essentially we needed to decide whether characters already know one another or if they've been hired to help out. Something like this... well one dose not simply walk onto a building site. At present I'm reading through people's character profiles for ideas and plot hooks that can be included. Once things are up and running though, joining for other characters should be a lot easier. Shortly I should have a floor plan for the barn too, which will be posted up here before we set the ball rolling. If anyone has some specific ideas for their characters involvement just pop them up here in the OOC and we'll set about stitching that into the starting plot ^_^

If you've read the intro thread that Sage and I are now rapping up you'll know that there's a lot of work to be done on the firebarn, and a lot of secrets that lay within the crumbling walls. Quintessentially most of the small scale action (like the construction itself and interaction) will be character driven rather than held to a strict plot. We'll be poking things here and there, but just use your best judgement and crack on ^^, However, there are some over arching plot lines that will be running in the background for the ponies lucky enough to stumble upon them. If this happens, or there's a specific result somepony's actions will have, Sage or I will contact that player via PM letting them know that they've hit a trigger point! Eventually a new thread will be started for that specific story to unfurl in, effects from those will still carry over to the other threads as well, so its best to keep your eyes peeled even if you're not in a particular thread.

For the time being the plot line names should provide some tantalising hints:

-Bats in the Belfry

-Memoirs

-Cellars & Critters

-If These Worms Could Talk

So long as Pony_sage or I are aware of it, there is nothing stopping anyone from joining the main thread or these individual plots once they're up and running. Our intention is to keep this as open as possible so that everyone can mingle and interact as they see fit. A good enough reason for being there would be useful plot wise, but that could be just about anything! For instance; you might be a paranormal investigator coming to examine the spooky occurrences on the second floor. Or maybe you're a friend of some pony who's offered to chip in, just about anything is welcome :D

I think that covers what I wanted to say initially. Once I've read through all the character profiles, I'll have a better idea of who's who, but until then WELCOME to the future Jam and Cream! I really hope this turns out to be just as much fun for everypony as planning it has been for us two :)

• 2 weeks later...

" Hey, 'sup ponies? ...If ya'all need some ponybeats in this thing, always count on Pon-3 to lend a hoof! "

Being the multi-talented Musical pony she is, Vinyl is also ready to be on hand for occasional musical endeavours when she's not making music elsewhere or lending her musical ear to others in need...just give her a call! {PM Me, basically. XD;}

" Also...You actually have Ice cream? Sign me up! "

Okay I am getting really quite frustrated with my lack of motivation at the moment. I honestly don't know why I can't finish this darn post and get things moving. So! I think it probably best if we just get the ball rolling anyway and leave the intro thread to its own devices.

Great to see we have some musicians lined up already, though it might be some time before we're open for business. So here's the thing, maybe given that both of our patron's are into the music business, what if the singers and other talents are known friends? That way they could easily have offered to lend a hoof with the building effort and thus join in beforehand ^^,

Any professional ponies (ie Klondike) are most likely hired-hooves but there's nothing stopping you form knowing the proprietors anyway. Later on I dare say we'll most likely get some more adventurous types too given certain events that are likely to unfold!

Anywho, I'll get in contact with Sage and with any luck we'll have the first threads up and running before the end of the week! YAY!

• 2 weeks later...