Icy Delight

Kudalyn

[ Pony Related Character ]

Name: Icy Delight

Sex: Male

Species: Unicorn

Pelt Color: Light ice blue

Mane/Tail Color & Style: Mane is cut shaggy at the front, but kept longer and smoother at the back. His tail is short, cleanly cut at the end. His mane and tail is mostly white, with a light orange streak down the middle of both.

Eye Color: Light sea-green.

Cutie Mark: A creamsicle, surrounded by 5 small silver stars and numerous little snowflakes.

Physique: Tall and thin, a little bit lanky. Taller than most stallions his age.

Residence: Canterlot

Motivation: To make icy treats for ponies of all ages to enjoy.

Likes: Winter, snow, cold days, ice skating, cloudy days, cold treats, selling cold treats

Dislikes: Hot days, melting snow/ice, super windy days, no clouds, brain freeze

Character Summary: Icy is a kind, friendly stallion who loves selling and sharing his frozen delights with customers.

Ever since Icy was a colt, he loved the winter. LOVED it. His favorite things to do were to lick the icicles that hung from the trees during the winters... even if his tongue often got stuck to them. He even liked to make tables, chairs, and pretend meals out of snow! His only problem was that snow and icicles tasted so bland... they were only frozen water after all. One day, he had an idea when he saw a pony spill their groceries onto the snow. As the juice that dribbled from the container stained the snow, it hit him. Why not flavor the snow, with juice?! Or take juice, freeze it, and eat it?! That's the day his cutie mark came about, when he realized he could make icy treats not only he could enjoy, but other ponies could too.

His parents, who are scholars at the Canterlot Royal Library, were a bit wary of their young sons choice of career - but when they saw how happy he was making other ponies happy, they decided to allow him free reign. Their only rule is no ice cream in the library!

His magic works best for cold situations and sculpting cold objects - never ask him to heat your coffee. He'd just as likely freeze it in it's mug! He's a bit taller than most other ponies his age. His long legs sometimes get in the way, but they help him walk through the deepest snow with ease. He is NOT a fan of hot days, and avoids hotter regions like the plague. That's why Canterlot is his ideal city - it's up high in the mountains so the colder atmosphere suits him perfectly.

He owns his own little cart that he pushes around Canterlot, complete with little bells! It has a little umbrella strapped to the side for when he sets up at a popular spot for the day, and the back has a little scooter attachment he uses for when he needs to get places fast, or for longer trips across Canterlot. Inside it he has everything needed for a proper ice-cream cart - ice cream, cones, cups, popcicles, slush and flavoring for slushies and sno-cones, even sprinkles and nuts and fruit for ice cream sundaes! It's amazing how much he can cram into that little cart, but he manages wonderfully.

icydelight2.png

D'aw this is adorable! Love it to death but I want to point out a few things one of them is that can you move is cutie-mark story down to character history? Also can you tell us about his parents a little such as were they winter lovers as well or they are a complete opposite from their son? Where does he make and sell his frozen treats?

Other than that I think this is wonderful<3

It might just be me overthinking this, but I see a fair bit of similarities between him and my character Frostbite. If this is just coincidence or on purpose I don't know. So, if you drew inspiration from my character or something like that could you at least tell me that you did. Heck, if you did we could do some sort of thing where they're cousins or something.

It might just be me overthinking this, but I see a fair bit of similarities between him and my character Frostbite. If this is just coincidence or on purpose I don't know. So, if you drew inspiration from my character or something like that could you at least tell me that you did. Heck, if you did we could do some sort of thing where they're cousins or something.

I didn't even know you had a cold-based character ^^;

I just had an idea one day and rolled with it! And this guy is different from yours - he loves cold weather, but his talents like in making cold treats, not dealing with weather.

I think it was a cool coincidence :blush:

I'm not so sure about cousins, but they could be good friends maybe! Perhaps one day Icy visited the snowflake factory in Cloudsdale and met Frostbite there :D

I didn't even know you had a cold-based character ^^;

I just had an idea one day and rolled with it! And this guy is different from yours - he loves cold weather, but his talents like in making cold treats, not dealing with weather.

I think it was a cool coincidence :blush:

I'm not so sure about cousins, but they could be good friends maybe! Perhaps one day Icy visited the snowflake factory in Cloudsdale and met Frostbite there :D

Yeah, that could work. :D

I suggested cousins because Frostbite's whole family involves the cold and, even though Frostbite's family is weather-based, his father could easily have a brother that was more into food than the weather. It would also explain the similarities between them as well.

But whatever works for you. :geek:

I like him!

He kind of reminds me very slightly of one of the G1 ponies, Ice Crystal, but the orange streak and Dreamcicle mark make it 20% cooler (get it? GET IT?). I love mint green and orange together (the colors, the flavors are OK too).

icecrystal.JPG

Also, Sonicboom, Ice/Cold based ponies are kind of par for the course for MLP since MLP began in the 80's, starting with Powder and Snowflake in 1984, and I think the last one was a holiday one only a few years ago. I am pretty sure it is just coincidence that Kuda put in a cold-weather loving pony as well.