Starlight Melody

Elsina

[ Pony Related Character ]

Name: Starlight Melody

Sex: Female

Species: Pegasus Pony

Pelt Color: A dark Midnight Black (Its more like a dark grey #0A0A0A)

Mane/Tail Color & Style:She has long straight mane and tail with a indigo hue. (#2E0854)

Eye Color: Same color as her mane and tail.

Cutie Mark: Her cutie mark is a ice blue star and set behind it is a single wave of white music lines with an eighth note on the right and on the left a double note on the left (the notes are also white).

Physique: She isn't all that physically fit like a Wonderbolt or anypony that enjoys racing. Instead she's of average build and size to show she would rather be still and not zipping about in the sky all the time.

Residence: She was born in Cloudsdale and grew up there. She doesn't really have an house and just rents out a small single apartment.

Occupation: Singer. She loves to perform and sing songs and even writes a few songs herself.

Motivation: Starlight Melody didn't really find much of the racing hype most ponies in the area tended to have and instead enjoyed singing with the birds or other musicians. For awhile she had no clue that singing was her special talent and hadn't gotten her cutie mark until after everypony in her class had gotten theirs. She came to discover her talent when during a little performance her class was working on, everypony in her class asked that she would sing for them. When the actual performance came, nearly everypony that saw her and heard her sing in the show were showering her with praise and requests for more. What Starlight melody saw however was the bright and happy faces of everypony that heard her music and just how well the simple melody seemed to boost spirits. That's when she found herself wanting to sing more and more for ponies everywhere, to witness that raw power of a good song. She wanted to become a star and even sing for Princess Celestia at least once in her life.

Character Summary: Starlight Melody grew up in Cloudsdale with her parents, both of which were just simple weather ponies. Starlight and her mother were really close and spent whatever free time she had doing something together. The activities ranging from singing, cooking, or even cleaning. Her mother once told her during these bonding moments, "Always assume the best Starlight, for a life assuming the worst will never be fulfilling or enjoyable." Since that day she always hoped for the best, told herself everything would work out in the end and for the best. Around the time the others in her class were getting their cutie marks however, her mother and father were extremely busy and unable to spend much time with her at home.

She never had anything that really troubled her until it was around the time everyone else was getting their cutie marks that she felt out of place and slow. During this time even her mother's words did not soothe her heart and keep her looking to the bright future. There were two ponies in her class that constantly teased and bullied her for being so behind in getting her cutie mark and the constant putting down brought her spirits low. All she could think about was the possibility of never getting her mark and forever knowing nothing about what made her special. In fact one day while traveling home Starlight was very depressed and not paying attention to her surroundings. Without warning and because of her lack of attention, a racing trio of ponies slammed into her, knocking her out cold and falling out of the sky. Thankfully an adult caught her before she hit the ground, but her left wing was injured in the impact. It had broken and even though she got the best care and the wing set properly, the weeks without flying weakened the muscles in her wings. When she was given a clean bill of health Starlight had grown used to not fluttering about and only flew when necessary. Thus her wings also never fully regained their previous strength.

After getting her cutie mark however, she reverted to her optimistic and happy-go-lucky self. Her bullies apologized and the incessant teasing stopped and once more her spirits lifted. She's always all smiles and is known for randomly whistling a perky tune when out and about. Starlight herself is a very trustworthy friend and always willing to listen and offer advice to anypony that needs her.

starlightmelody.png

Hmmm. I don't think your summary and the like give enough information about Starsong herself, rather they just give information about her past. For her motivation, you should point out, preferably, why she does what she does and possibly what she hopes to accomplish by doing it.

I'd ask that you expand her summary a bit more, going a bit more in depth about her personality and how she interacts with other ponies.

A question about her cutie mark. What does the star stand for? Clearly the notes and the bar stand for music, but what about her special talent relates to that star? Is it symbolic for something about her, or her personality?

I'm looking forward to seeing Starsong progress, good luck with your application.

You might want to be a bit more in-depth, like Shayua said.

I, personally, would like to hear more about her past and how it shaped her to be like she is today. Were her parents not around much? Was she bullied? Questions like that should be answered in order to give us a better picture of why she doesn't fly much, why she's so optimistic, ect, etc.

I'm going to throw this out there. "Starsong" is the name of one of the Core 7 ponies from the G3 line. Core 7 ponies also included Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Scootaloo, Cheerilee, and Sweetie-Belle. All characters in FiM. Toola-Roola and StarSong are the only two we haven't seen yet. Going on the fact that it's been said we'll see new characters in season 2, it's likely both of those characters will pop up eventually. I'd really recommend either a name change, or if you're set on the name, an appearance change and willingness to change her further if she does become cast/cannon.

I'm going to throw this out there. "Starsong" is the name of one of the Core 7 ponies from the G3 line. Core 7 ponies also included Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Scootaloo, Cheerilee, and Sweetie-Belle. All characters in FiM. Toola-Roola and StarSong are the only two we haven't seen yet. Going on the fact that it's been said we'll see new characters in season 2, it's likely both of those characters will pop up eventually. I'd really recommend either a name change, or if you're set on the name, an appearance change and willingness to change her further if she does become cast/cannon.

I didn't realize that pony's actual background. I'll just settle with a name change and see if I can get it to fit with her setup. (Since I was a fool and already got art of her done lol)

I'm going to peek around and do some searching to see if I can select a name not already taken :heart:

Hmmm. I don't think your summary and the like give enough information about Starsong herself, rather they just give information about her past. For her motivation, you should point out, preferably, why she does what she does and possibly what she hopes to accomplish by doing it.

I'd ask that you expand her summary a bit more, going a bit more in depth about her personality and how she interacts with other ponies.

A question about her cutie mark. What does the star stand for? Clearly the notes and the bar stand for music, but what about her special talent relates to that star? Is it symbolic for something about her, or her personality?

I'm looking forward to seeing Starsong progress, good luck with your application.

I hope these fixes work out all right for you.

I realized there were even some parts where i had gotten a tad distracted while creating her.

I hope these fixes work out all right for you.

I realized there were even some parts where i had gotten a tad distracted while creating her.

The motivation is much better. Her motivation for singing is bringing joy to those who hear it, and her future goals are to become a star and sing for the princess. Sounds good!

I see your summary goes a bit more in depth about her personality now, that's good. Good to know she had a strong connection with her mother.

I like it, I can't see much else wrong with it. More detail on her personality and the like is always useful, but this look good for me. Good luck, let's see what the helpstaff think about her!