I just finished watching whatever small bit was made of this show, and I have to admit, the 'Verse is epic. Anyone else have the same views about the show, or some conflicting ones, because I like the fact that they included characters actually speaking Chinese, but I winced everytime they did that because they made it sound like a slang language.

Small note: Not the thread to go "hurrdurrrevivefireflyhurrdurr" Really. This thread is for discussion about the TV show, which should have gone on longer.

Firefly was an amazing show. Fox put it in a bad time slot and expected it to take off and compete with veteran sci-fi series. When it didn't they simply gave up and found some other show to shove in its place. Sadly it didn't get a real fanbase until Syfy started running the reruns and unaired episodes. I really wish the show had gone on (or at least had a slew more theatrical releases) but alas, what's done is done. All we can do now is keep flying.

Firefly (and the movie) was simply fantastic. My main regret for the shows cancellation would be how certain antagonists were clearly meant to be reoccurring characters, and as such never really got as large a limelight as they deserved. For example, I believe I recall reading somewhere that the alliance officer from the episode "message" was supposed to be a reoccurring character.

Despite that, they still had terrific characters who were all well developed, as well as some truly, truly unnerving villains. I still remember cringing at those agents with the blue gloves. Creepy.