NFL Predictions are Magic!

Hippo

I forgot to mention...

Everyone of othe six regulars has clinched a spot in our 'playoffs'. All that is left to determine is who gets the two first round byes. RariDash is locked in 6th seed. 1-5 are up for grabs, with Tacobob having the least advantage and brian having the most advantage.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OP updated.

w16graph_zps7b6a71c7.png

Pick playoff scenarios:

brianblackberry:

to win-

at least 2 within riverhippo

at least 3 within Steeleagle

at least 3 within Mojo

at least 8 within Tacobob

riverhippo:

to win-

+4 on brianblackberry

even with Steeleagle

at least 1 within Mojo

at least 5 within Tacobob

Steeleagle:

to win-

+5 on brianblackberry

+2 on riverhippo

+1 on Mojo

at least 4 within Tacobob

Mojo:

to win-

+5 on brianblackberry

+2 on riverhippo

+1 on Steeleagle

at least 4 within Tacobob

Tacobob:

to win-

+10 on brianblackberry

+7 on riverhippo

+6 on SteelEagle

+6 on Mojo

RariDash:

Locked in 6th seed.

SteelEagle Standings after week 16:

SteelEagle (12-4)

brianblackberry (12-4)

riverhippo (11-5)

Tacobob (11-5)

RariDash (10-6)

Mojo (9-7)

TheUndercoverBrony (4-9)

Ice Storm (4-3)

Imagination (1-4)

SpurSGJ (0-3)

Alright, it is time for the final NFL playoff scenario analysis. Believe it or not, only one team, the Detroit Lions, were eliminated from the playoffs in week 16, everyone else who had a chance from the previous week still do (if they are not already in). So without further ado, the current playoff picture:

NFC:

1. Seattle (12-3) - Still in the drivers seat for the top seed, the Seahwaks missed their chance to clinch it all last week with their home loss to Arizona. They can still win the NFC West division title, a first-round bye and home-field advantage throughout the playoffs if they either win this week or San Francisco loses. Final opponent: St. Louis

2. Carolina (11-4) - The Panthers secured a playoff spot last week with their win and are in the driver's seat for the NFC South. They can win the division and a bye with a win, or if New Orleans loses. A win with a Seahawks loss and a 49ers win will give them home field advantage. Final opponent: Atlanta

3. Philadelphia (9-6) - In the lead for the NFC East. Their playoff scenario is number three seed or bust, there is no other scenarios possible when they play Dallas next week for all the marbles.

4. Chicago (8-7) - In the lead for the NFC North. Their playoff scenario is number four seed or bust, there is no other scenarios possible when they play Green Bay next week for all the marbles.

5. San Francisco (11-4) - With their victory over Atlanta, the 49ers have secured a playoff spot. Currently a wild card, they can win the NFC West if they win next week and Seattle loses. Also in the running for home field advantage with a win, Seahawks loss, and Carolina loss. Final opponent: Arizona

6. New Orleans (10-5) - Currently the sixth seed and wildcard. If they win this week or if Arizona loses, they are in, a win with a Carolina loss will give them the NFC South with a bye. Final opponent: Tampa Bay

Hopefuls:

Arizona (10-5) - They are running the gauntlet and they are winning, now they need to hold off the 49ers at home in a must win game for the Cardinals. Even with a victory, they still need help in the form of a Saints loss, there is no other road to the playoffs; only team with their destiny not in their own hands.

Dallas (8-7) - Win or go home, that is all there is to it. The flex game for Sunday night with Philadelphia is for the division and playoff berth for both teams.

Green Bay (7-7-1) - The Packers face the same scenario as the Cowboys, win the NFC North with their showdown with Chicago, or their season ends.

AFC

1. Denver (12-3) - Their victory has given them the AFC West and a first round bye, all there is left to play for is home-field advantage. Win against Oakland and they win it all. Can still win it all if New England loses.

2. New England (11-4) - The team that refuses to lose no matter what! The patriots have won the AFC East and simply can win a first round bye by winning next week (or Cincinnati & Indianapolis losing). Home field is still in tehir reach with a win and a Denver loss. Final Opponent: Buffalo.

3. Cincinnati (10-5) - They have won the AFC North and now play only for position. With a win next week and a New England loss, they can leap frog into a bye week. Final Opponent: Baltimore.

4. Indianapolis (10-5) - They only are playing for position as the AFC South division winners and current fourth seed. Can go as high as the second seed if they win and Cincinnati and New England loses. Final Opponent: Jacksonville.

5. Kansas City (11-4) - their position as the fifth seed and wild card cannot change. Playing this week is only for pride, or to rest their players. Final Opponent: San Diego.

6. Miami (8-7) - Due to their better conference record, currently Miami has leapfrogged the ravens into the sixth seed despite their loss. Despite this, they do not control their own destiny as the final tie breaker (head to head) is held by the ravens if both teams finish with the same record. For Miami to get one of the following must happen:

• Win and Ravens lose
  • Win and a San Diego win
  • Tie and Ravens lose and San Diego loses or ties
  • Tie and Ravens tie and San Diego ties

Final Opponent: Jets.

Hopefuls:

Baltimore (8-7) - looking in from the outside with their loss, they must win the final showdown with Cincinnati with a hope of getting in. Here are their scenarios for victory:

• Win and San Diego loses (or ties)
  • Win and Miami loses (or ties)
  • Tie and Miami loses and San Diego loses or ties
  • Tie and Miami ties and San Diego loses
  • Lose but Miami, San Diego, and Pittsburgh also lose (Steelers can also tie).

San Diego (8-7) - To make things more complicated for this last seed, San Diego is also alive, but their chances are accordingly slimmer. San Diego must win and have a Miami lose (or tie) and have Baltimore lose (or tie) OR San Diego can tie and have both Miami and Baltimore lose. Final Opponent: Kansas City.

Pittsburgh (7-8) - They have an opportunity by the smallest of threads, but that has been true for the last three weeks, yet they hold on. To get in as the sixth seed Pittsburgh must win and Miami, Baltimore, and San Diego must all lose. Final Opponent: Cleveland.

Ok, here goes. Good, bad or ugly, here's my picks:

Week 17:

Panthers @ Falcons

Packers @ Bears*

Texans @ Titans

Browns @ Steelers*

Redskins @ Giants

Ravens @ Bengals*

Eagles @ Cowboys*

Jaguars @ Colts

Jets @ Dolphins*

Lions @ Vikings

Bills @ Patriots

Buccaneers @ Saints

Broncos @ Raiders

49ers @ Cardinals*

Chiefs @ Chargers*

Rams @ Seahawks*

·

Panthers @ Falcons

Packers @ Bears

Texans @ Titans

Browns @ Steelers

Redskins @ Giants

Ravens @ Bengals

Eagles @ Cowboys

Jaguars @ Colts

Jets @ Dolphins

Lions @ Vikings

Bills @ Patriots

Buccaneers @ Saints

Broncos @ Raiders

49ers @ Cardinals

Chiefs @ Chargers

Rams @ Seahawks

Miami will be the 6th seed in the AFC.

Panthers @ Falcons

Packers @ Bears*

Texans @ Titans

Browns @ Steelers*

Redskins @ Giants

Ravens @ Bengals*

Eagles @ Cowboys*

Jaguars @ Colts

Jets @ Dolphins*

Lions @ Vikings

Bills @ Patriots

Buccaneers @ Saints

Broncos @ Raiders

49ers @ Cardinals*

Chiefs @ Chargers*

Rams @ Seahawks*

Panthers @ Falcons

Packers @ Bears*

Texans @ Titans

Browns @ Steelers*

Redskins @ Giants

Ravens @ Bengals*

Eagles @ Cowboys*

Jaguars @ Colts

Jets @ Dolphins*

Lions @ Vikings

Bills @ Patriots

Buccaneers @ Saints

Broncos @ Raiders

49ers @ Cardinals*

Chiefs @ Chargers*

Rams @ Seahawks*

That's right. Saints out, Cardinals get in. NFC West, three playoff teams.

We're going to treat the playoff games like an regular game week with 11 games. Everyone is allowed to make picks, even new people. This will not influence the regular season commulative standings, however. Treat it like a grudge match exhibition. Here are the first four games, pick them just like you did all season. Picks are due Saturday, January 4th at 4:00pm ET.

Chiefs @ Colts

Saints @ Eagles

Chargers @ Bengals

49ers @ Packers

Ok, now time to make playoff picks. These picks are seperate from the picks above, and only include the ones who made it in (the top six pickers).

Congratulations to the top six!

finalstandings_zpsbcc1e72d.png

Here's a short term explaination of the rules. Each picker will predict two things: who wins, and by how much. You can do this one of two ways. You can make a total score allocation, like 34-13 Cowboys, or you can list it as a spread number, like Cowboys +11. Both of these examples are the same thing in this situation. The total score is not important, but the different between the score is.

After the games, the predictions produce a score together to determine who was better at prediciting. It is possible to lose 3 of the 4 games, and still win the week, if the 4th game wieghed heavily in your favor. Any questions, please PM me with them, or hit me up on Skype.

OK now for the actual picks.

Here are the matchups:

Mojo vs. Raridash (currently Rainbow Dash)

SteelEagle vs. Tacobob

brianblackberry and riverhippo are on bye. They will match up against the winners of this week next week.

Again, here are the games:

Chiefs @ Colts

Saints @ Eagles

Chargers @ Bengals

49ers @ Packers

Players, please submit your picks via PM. They are due on Saturday, January 4th, at 4:00pm ET Since I am not competing this week, you can PM them to me. DO NOT POST YOUR PICKS IN THE THREAD. Submitting picks so everyone can see them will result in other players seeing what you picked and adjusting their own picks towards yours. Once everyone has submitted their picks, they will be locked, and I will present the week's picks in the thread.

Good Luck!

SteelEagle Standings Final:

SteelEagle (13-4)

brianblackberry (13-4)

riverhippo (12-5)

Tacobob (12-5)

RariDash (11-6)

Mojo (10-7)

TheUndercoverBrony (4-9)

Ice Storm (4-3)

Imagination (1-4)

SpurSGJ (0-3)

There is also going to be a SteelEagle Standings playoff. Here are the rules:

-Everyone is in the playoffs.

-If Seattle wins, you advance to the next week.

-If Seattle loses, you are eliminated.

-Everyone gets a bye the first week.

Alright... MAKE YOUR PICKS!!!

Also, I just realized I finished second overall :smug: I am the one true second place aficionado.

fun stats:

Most weekly wins: brianblackberry 4

Highest winning percentage: brianblackberry 65%

Most wins in one week: brianblackberry 14, riverhippo 14

Least wins in one week: RariDash 2

Most losses in one week: RariDash 12

Least losses in one week: riverhippo 1, Mojo 1

Most points in one week: SteelEagle 206

Least points in one week: RariDash 8

Most shots to the moon: TheUndercoverBrony 6

(Shot to the moon is when you pick the winning team and everyone else picks the losing team.

Here's stuff I've been keeping as information. Have fun if you want to look it over. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AicGhcFVMOMJdHk2d1RnWU9TVUVmb01qc1QwaUV2d3c&usp=sharing

there are three sheets. click on the bottom to see the other sheets.

Here is the just for fun Formula One standings, what our standings would look like if we we using the tradional F1 point system (10,6,4,3,2,1)

brianblackberry 93

riverhippo 71

Mojo 65

Tacobob 64

SteelEagle 63

RariDash 31

TheUndercoverBrony 30

Imagination 16

Ice Storm 15

SpurSGJ 0

Mojo:

Chiefs +3 @ Colts

Saints @ Eagles +14

Chargers @ Bengals +17

49ers +10 @ Packers

RariDash:

Chiefs +3 @ Colts

Saints +6 @ Eagles

Chargers @ Bengals +10

49ers @ Packers +7

Mojo vs. RariDash "pre-cap":

Chiefs @ Colts: NULL/Same margins selected.

Saints @ Eagles: max point differential 20 points.

Chargers @ Bengals: max point differential 7 points.

49ers @ Packers: max point differential 17 points.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SteelEagle:

Chiefs @ Colts +4

Saints +4 @ Eagles

Chargers @ Bengals +21

49ers @ Packers +4

Tacobob:

Chiefs @ Colts +3

Saints @ Eagles +17

Chargers +4 @ Bengals

49ers @ Packers +10

SteelEagle vs. Tacobob "pre-cap":

Chiefs @ Colts: max point differential 1 point.

Saints @ Eagles: max point differential 21 points.

Chargers @ Bengals: max point differential 25 points.

49ers @ Packers: max point differential 6 points.

May the odds be ever in your favor. (sorry, i just watched Catching Fire,you should watch it)

Chiefs 44 Colts 45

Saints 26 Eagles 24

Chargers 27 Bengals 10

49ers 23 Packers 20

Mojo vs. RariDash:

Chiefs +3 @ Colts vs. Chiefs +3 @ Colts -----> NULL

Saints @ Eagles +14 vs. Saints +6 @ Eagles -----> +16 RariDash

Chargers @ Bengals +17 vs. Chargers @ Bengals +10 -----> +7 RariDash

49ers +10 @ Packers vs. 49ers @ Packers +7 -----> +10 Mojo

Mojo (1-3) RariDash (1-3)

RariDash +13 beats Mojo.

SteelEagle vs. Tacobob:

Chiefs @ Colts +4 vs. Chiefs @ Colts +3 -----> +1 Tacobob

Saints +4 @ Eagles vs. Saints @ Eagles +17 -----> +19 SteelEagle

Chargers @ Bengals +21 vs. Chargers +4 @ Bengals -----> +25 Tacobob

49ers @ Packers +4 vs. 49ers @ Packers +10 -----> +6 SteelEagle

SteelEagle (2-2) Tacobob (2-2)

Tacobob +1 beats SteelEagle.

Next week, the matchups will be:

brianblackberry vs. RariDash

riverhippo vs. Tacobob

SteelEagle vs. Mojo

Do not send picks yet.

Wait a minute, how am I still in the 'playoffs' when I got clobbered by Raridash?

Or is my matchup with Steel for Fifth Place overall?

Yes,I decided to do a consolation for you guys. I hope that's ok. You don't have to participate. But I didn't want you to not participate, so I set that up. So yeah, I think how this will work is consolation will be based on two loses and you're done. So Mojo and Steel are battling for 'not 6th'. The winner will probably get 5th.

Ok Round 2!!!

Before I begin with lists, brian, myself, RariDash, and Tacobob, send your picks via PM to SteelEagle, please. This will allow fairness with me. Steel and Mojo, you can send your picks to me, or if you'd rather send them to another third party you can do that. The picks are due Saturday, but try to get them in Friday afternoon, so there is no rush to send them around, please. Any concerns, please address it.

Ok,

Divisional round of the NFL playoffs!

Saints @ Seahawks

Colts @ Patriots

49ers @ Panthers

Chargers @ Broncos

matchups are:

brianblackberry vs. RariDash

riverhippo vs. Tacobob

SteelEagle vs. Mojo

Same rules as last week.

Also, since none of the playoff pickers last week other than the byes picked straight picks in addition to playoff picks, I'm going to go ahead and compile the spread picks as straight up picks as well, and list them through the playoffs. The current standings for that are:

brianblackberry (2-2)

SteelEagle (2-2)

Tacobob (2-2)

riverhippo (1-3)

Mojo (1-3)

RariDash (1-3)

And I will probably calculate margin points later, but right now im the lazies.

PICK 'EM!!

Wait River, I have no problem with a consolidation game, no problem at all.

In fact, I am pleasantly surprised!

I will participate and maybe THIS time, I can get it right!

:D:D:D

Archived