What is your opinion of Season 4 footage (Spoiler Warning)

MissMane

We have gotten some footage of Season 4 episodes, they are rather interesting, to be honest. Superheros, Nightmare Moon returning, AJ and Pinkie strangely singing together...What do you think? Is it going to be a good or bad season in your opinion? Currently, I actually think its going to be great! I hope it isn't as short as Season 3.

If you do not know about this, or need to look at it again to think about your opinion, here you go! ;)

https://www.youtube....h?v=txilHDcH-2c

You'll be pleased to know they've confirmed that the season will be 26 rather than 13 episodes again. ;)

I think the animatic footage was exciting. The Apple Family song was top rate and the Nightmare Moon stuff was a nicely exciting hook. Excited for the Scootaloo episode too.

Looking at it, I think season four should be a lot of fun. :)

I'm so excited for season 4, especially because I believe the writers are going all out on this one, in terms of continuity and episode themes. I'm really excited to see what really happened between Princess Luna and Celestia through what appeared to be a flashback. I'm also excited to see Scootaloo get more screen time.

I do have to admit I wasn't a huge fan of the Superheroes bit, it didn't appeal to me the way it was presented, but I have faith in the writers. Honestly, I hope it's just one of Spike's dreams.

And Lastly, I personally enjoyed "Raise this Barn", and I'm excited to see more Applejack song's, but more so intrigued by Pinkies presence with the Apple family.

I'm sure we'll have a lot of "ohmigosh!" moments, plenty of debate about episode tonality/message/presentation, lots of new characters to see, lots of character development for existing ones, amazing new songs, the list goes on.

I'm also quite glad we're back at 26 episodes.

• 1 month later...

I hope they get their stuff together and make something that can really bring back the magic and not mire it in terrible writing, pointless characters like Flash Sentry and more missing the point that Faust gave us in the first place.

It IS nice to have something to look forward to though.

I also have a video of my original S4 hopes and a commentary on MMC during the ep's release when me and my ex were at Katsucon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFgDlhiNc98

[Warning: Mild language]

• Like 1

Now I got a rather short and simple prediction of Season 4's beginning.

This will be the point where we get into detail of how Luna became Nightmare Moon (We know this by now.), probably how Celestia handles this-- Mane 6 handle Nightmare Moon...Again, but since Twilight IS the princess of Magic, she might not need the others, and use all the elements herself, like how Celestia would of since she COULD of sealed down Nightmare Moon for 1000 years back in Season 1. Luna might be sealed down again or get the evil in her removed forever. It will / might also show what happened 1000 years ago in Equestria, like the out-of-control plants and weather, ect. If you didnt check out the Promo...

[/media]

I got goosebumps and bubble guts. The bubble guts are when you've ingested a significant amount of food to end hunger, but it remains churning in your stomach and causing you what feels like eternal discomfort. I got goosebumps because I like ponies, 'nuff said.

I would love for Season 4 to deliver but there's too much in the way that they have to work through that I don't know whether it'll be excused for time constraints, being a little girl's show, or stuff that people will ignorantly defend to the last breath because it's bright and shiny.

I want some substance to help make this new style a worthwhile view. And not to be as subpar a return as The Wu-Tang Clan when they put out that wack-ass 8 Diagrams CD and said it was the comeback we had all been waiting for.

Food for thought: Four is usually death.