So, a pony walks into a bar...

Dudette

The bartender takes one look at them, and says, "Why the long face?"

Okay, that was really bad, but I was never good with cheesy ice-breakers - then again, who is? But I digress. Hello, I got into FiM after listening to my sister whine about bronies ruining 4chan/the series with their "obsessiveness". But, considering I had two male friends who had turned and 4chan was pretty intolerable in the first place, I decided to see what all of the fuss was about, and found the series was charming and the, I don't know, subculture? Was a lot cooler and a lot less insane in comparison to any/all of the Japanese medium-related fandoms I took part of in the past.

The bartender takes one look at them, and says, "Why the long face?"

Okay, that was really bad, but I was never good with cheesy ice-breakers - then again, who is? But I digress. Hello, I got into FiM after listening to my sister whine about bronies ruining 4chan/the series with their "obsessiveness". But, considering I had two male friends who had turned and 4chan was pretty intolerable in the first place, I decided to see what all of the fuss was about, and found the series was charming and the, I don't know, subculture? Was a lot cooler and a lot less insane in comparison to any/all of the Japanese medium-related fandoms I took part of in the past.

Welcome to our little corner of the FiM online fandom universe! I think your story is rather typical with many of the fans here and around the Web; becoming a fan once one gave the show a fair chance and explored the fandom. :lol: I know that is what happened to me, dismissive at first until I actually sat down and watched it.

Anyway, the best place to start is our Getting Started section that pretty much explains everything. We have a lot here for those who like to RP and those who just rather have a community and forum to hang out with and chat it up with their fellow bronies (or who like to do both!) :lol:

Feel free to ask any questions. :)