Twilight Sparkle - Winter Wrap Up VS At The Gala

So I was listening to At the Gala the other day, and I thought to myself.... I think Twilight Sparkle's singing voice might be different. Listening to it again today, the same thought occurred to me. I tried comparing the two, and it seems possible.

Now, I thought that Tara Strong couldn't sing. However, I was proved wrong. I know that her singing voice actress is supposed to be different though. But, I also heard that Winter Wrap Up was recorded before Tara was hired, or something like that. So it's possible that Tara took over in later, not yet recorded songs.

What do you ponies think?

Twilight's part starts at 0:20

Twilight's part starts at 2:20

Twilight also sings the theme song, correct? In Art of the Dress, many times the cast, other than Rarity, are singing as a group, and it's harder to pick out voices. Other than that, Twilight only has one brief line in that song.

Those are the few songs that Twilight sings, so it isn't much to go off of for comparison.

Actually, on the official closing credits of each episode, Rebecca Shoichet is listed as providing Twilight's 'singing voice.'

Rebecca DOES sound a lot like Tara though...

:unsure::D:D

What I find odd about the fact that Tara can't sing is that she sung a few times before in other shows. For example, she sung Love Makes the World Go Round in the eleventh episode of the Powerpuff Girls and again as Angel in the Lilo and Stitch TV series. Unless those characters have singing voice actresses, too, but I'm not really sure. Need to do some research on this. <<;

Anyway, getting back on-topic, yeah, Twilight Sparkle's singing voice really does sound different during those two songs. Never noticed that until now.

Tara can sing, she just doesn't for FiM. Like I said, I think WWU was recorded before she was hired or something (just something I think I heard somewhere). So they decided to go with that VA. But, Twilight doesn't sing all that much, so it's hard to tell if they started using Tara as her singing voice or not.

Yeah it does sound a little different but I wonder if that has to do with the nature of the music itself more so then the voices. According to the wiki Twilight does have a singing voice by Rebecca Shoichet. It does state though anywhere in regards to the songs if Rebecca song either or both, but that usually means she did as it isn't noted otherwise.

Yeah, they're definitely different voices.

Now I want to listen to the songs. Might as well. . .

Also, is it just me, or does AppleJack lose her accent when she sings?

I think it just might be difficult for the VA to sing with Applejack's western twang, since that isn't her natural voice. Plus, she has to sing for Rainbow Dash as well.

I think it just might be difficult for the VA to sing with Applejack's western twang, since that isn't her natural voice. Plus, she has to sing for Rainbow Dash as well.

I see what you mean.

So the same person does Rainbow Dash's AND AppleJack's singing? Interesting.

This is not uncommon for many modern country music singers such as Shania Twain, Taylor Swift, etc.

One of the most interesting of these cases was legendary country music star Mel Tillis.

He has a very noticable natural stutter when he speaks, but NOT when he SINGS!

Jim Nabors (Gomer Pyle) also has a very different speaking voice from his 'singing' voice too!

One of the most interesting of these cases was legendary country music star Mel Tillis.

He has a very noticable natural stutter when he speaks, but NOT when he SINGS!

I believe Scatman John also stuttered greatly, but when he sings, you couldn't even tell!

And the only time I could hear it in his music was in the very beginning of his 'Everybody Jam' video when he says ". . . would you like sing a song?", other than that, flawless. It find it really cool how that can happen.

But, we're getting really off topic.

• 2 months later...