Grand Galloping Gala Event Concluded

Manestream

Its a shame, but the guards are tired, Celestia must sleep, and all ponies must make their way home, amongst friends, family, or significant others. This years Gala has come to an end. I would like to emphasize on what a smashing success and turnout we had for the Gala- I'm really impressed with what I've seen, and wish that I could have been more active in it myself! (Gosh darn my two jobs!) I hope that everypony was able to enjoy the Gala, but all good things must eventually come to an end.

I mentioned in our halfway marker post that three topics would be selected from the RP of the staff's choosing. What was I planning on doing with that? Could there be something special involved? What three threads will get chosen?! Tell us Manestream! I sure hope the suspense has been killing you, because its been killing me! xD

Alright then, here's the deal!

I have taken the top three threads of the Gala, and a little money out of my pocket, and have commissioned artwork based off of the OC's and RP present in those threads! Now, not EVERYPONY will appear in the commissions, as I don't have enough to pay for a commission that large, and I have left it up to the artist's (our very own Brianblackberry!) interpretation and inspiration to help form the scene, but I am discussing ideas with them to try and make it something special for everypony involved. When those commissions are complete, I will feature them here on the board, maybe even make a banner out of them- I havnt worked out *all* the tiny details on that last bit, but rest assured, they are on their way :3 Its my little way of saying 'thank you' to everypony here for being a part of the RP and making it the great place that it is.

Now, there were a *lot* of threads and posts to read, and we quickly realized that it was going to be hard to pick out our personal favorites. After a while I had to take into consideration more than just RP quality, but environment, OC interaction, how entertaining/well planned the RP's were, and it became apparent to me just how much work some of you ponies put into your RP! After MUCH consideration and deliberation with the other staff, I have chosen the three top threads of the Gala based on a combination of the above mentioned criteria!

They are:

-Gala Greetings

-Open Bar

-Dark Side of the Gala/Tango to Terror

Congratulations to everypony involved, THANK YOU so much for making Canterlot an active, wonderful, and fabulous place (20% cooler than anywhere else!) to be. I really think I love you guys just a itsy teensy little bit more every day. :)

Now, afterparty at the Canterlot Donut Shop!

Oh, P.S.-

I see there is still some activity in the forum today, but I will be moving them and locking them tonight, as I simply cannot wait for everypony to finish; so take this unforeseen extra time to wrap up what you can!

--------Edit-----------

I have changed the permissions for the Gala Forums so that no new topics/RP's may be started- but you can all post in order to finish up your RP's. I think this is a much more desirable solution, and I dont have to worry about trying to prevent people from making new Rps. I do ask that you try to wrap up your Rp's quickly however, I will eventually lock the forums to read only until next year!

Awesome stuff! Can't wait to see those pictures! ^^

Shame to see the gala go, but all good things must come to an end. I followed a few of the RPs and saw some really great stuff. I'm glad that Dark Side of the Gala and Tango to Terror were picked for top 3, those were probably my favs :(

Grats and thanks all around I think. Already looking forward to the next event :)

Seriously ponies?! Only 3 posts! What do you guys DO on here besides read my beautiful announcements?! I stay up so late writing them! :sleep:

Where is the love? :wail:

The beauty of your announcements is so shocking, i dare not post lest i tarnish it!

That being said, i'm stoked that Max was in a thread(open bar) that was one of the top three! The gala event was awesome, and i can't wait to see what else is in store!

Seriously ponies?! Only 3 posts! What do you guys DO on here besides read my beautiful announcements?! I stay up so late writing them! :sleep:

Where is the love? :wail:

Well, from what I've read, the Grand Galloping Gala was a sensational RP event! I joined here too late to get in on it (although my adopted character Starflower was there).

This was a brilliant idea, absolutely SMASHING!

Thank you for staging it!

By the way, for those ponies who want to keep some of the storylines of the Gala going, there is a new OPEN RP thread started in Canterlot titled "After the Gala at Pony Joe's" in case anypony's interested in continuing the 'fun': viewtopic.php?f=44&t=2113

Again, kudos to you, Manestream! Though I've only been here a short time, I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!

:lol::D:D