Greetings, Everypony! :3

REDACTED

Hi there, everypony! I'm brandy-new here, and thought I'd drop in here and say 'howdy'! I'm a fairly new Brony, and watched all twenty-six episodes within twenty-four hours. After that - and still, even know - my mind is clouded with Rarity's singing, Rainbow Dash defying physics, Spike framing owls, Fluttershy singing Pinkie Pie's Zecora song, Pinkie Pie's floppy ears, Twilight deciding whether to shovel or plant, and Applejack kicking trees.

Aaaaaaanyway, just wanted to say 'hello', hopefully be seeing you all around!

Greetings and welcome to our little conger on the web of pony fandom! Plenty of fun stuff to do wither you are into RP or just want to hang and chat with your fellow bronies about whatever. :) Feel free to ask us any questions you may have, we staffers are here to help you as best we can. :)

Thanks for the replies! :)

I'm thinking of using the Brony I had already made yesterday, and maybe. . . music themed, perhaps? I dunno. I'll need to do some brainstorming. I already came up with a witty name, 'G. Major', G. being his first initial. IDK, it was the first thing that came to mind.

Ahhh, G Major. I love it. XD

Welcome to Canterlot~ What was your favourite ep of the series? I watched the Zecora one this morning and had forgotten all about Fluttershy's awesome voice.

Hey! :)

My favorite episode is BY FAR #11, Winter Wrap Up. It has my favorite song! >.< But Flutterguy was the best. . .

And like someone commented. . . Lauren Faust took a song that SHOULD be stupid - deciding whether to shovel snow or plant crops - and made it amazing.

Which of the songs do you prefer & who's your favorite Pony?

Oh, and is it just me, or does the show needs at least ONE male regular?

Thanks, guys! :)

Also, my current stage with 'G.' Major (Previously named 'Kingsley', but that wouldn't make sense)

x6es7s.jpg

Planning on: (As soon as I find my Tablet's pen. . .)

Drawing a sousaphone instead of using a picture of a real one,

Drawing the Cutie Mark instead of using what I'm using,

Maybe a fancy blazer? :kissy:

A lyre to hold music, etc., etc.

(In fact, this is the first time I've used Photoshop to 'Shop something onto something)

Oh man. I'm going to have to go with Winter Wrap Up on that one too just because it's so catchy and is the one that gets stuck in my head the most. Second to that would be the Equestrian Girls parody song used on one of the commercials. XD

Favourite pony: Rainbow Dash~

And great Photoshop with G Major, there! I can't wait to see what you do with him when you draw him. (:

Oh man. I'm going to have to go with Winter Wrap Up on that one too just because it's so catchy and is the one that gets stuck in my head the most. Second to that would be the Equestrian Girls parody song used on one of the commercials. XD

I love how they actually recognize Bronies in Equestria Gurls, I rofl'd. Literally. In fact, that's my favorite part of the song. . .

I'd have to say The Art of the Dress is my second favorite song. I just think Rarity has THE best singing voice.

Favourite pony: Rainbow Dash~

I'd have to say my favorite pony is Fluttershy. I just love her personality, I dunno why. Applejack comes in second for me. :3

And great Photoshop with G Major, there! I can't wait to see what you do with him when you draw him. (:

Thanks! I'm on a wild goose chase to find my Tablet's pen, and it's SO frustrating. Ughhh. . . :evil:

Put a bell on it when you find it! That way, when it runs off again, you can hear it. (;

(Terrible joke, I know, but I'm tempted to do that with mine as my cat is the one that steals it about 99.9% of the time.)

LOL, that could work.

Hmmm, any idea what I could use instead of the pen? >.<

Hmmm, I know! I'll do a physical drawing without this confound-it technologies, scan it, and digitally color it and touch it up!

Update:

Still haven't found my pen :cry: , but I've gotten THIS done. I changed his Cutie Mark, I'm thinking of changing the position of the right-front leg. And it looks a bit. . . bulky, no?

Update 2:

Found my pen! :)

It was - literally - 2 feet from my face when I sit at my desk. . . Time to get to work!

Update 3:

Whew, finished! It came out O.K., but, after all, this IS, mind you, the first time I've really USED Photoshop.

http://oi53.tinypic.com/w1wnrp.jpg

Pretty good for a first try at photoshop! It definitely takes some getting used to. Instruments are hard to draw as it is, let alone in a program you haven't touched before.

Thanks! Yeah, it was pretty hard. I took a hand-drawn sketch of 'G.' Major, scanned it, made a new layer over it, and traced that. I think Pencil instead of Brush would've been better, but when I realized that, I was almost done. My banner came out a lot better. The one thing I didn't REALLY want to do was. . . well. . . see where the mouthpiece is? I had to copy little parts of the tubing and manipulate it to meet the mouthpiece.

When I'm taking the time to stop and do a picture that mimics the show, I use something called the Pen Tool. Usually a size 4 or 5 brush, then I gently use the eraser tool to taper the edges. It takes me a long time, but some artists I know are SUPER SPEEDY with it! Its especially good if you have shaky hands but want clean lines, like me haha.

The pencil tool gives you pixel edges, which aren't what most people want when they give it a go. For the brush tool, stick with the hard brushes as it seems you did. You can do your outline on one layer, than color beneath it, and.. goodness! There are so many tricks to learn with photoshop, but they are all great tools. Just sniff around the net for tutorials and you'll learn great stuff :)

When I'm taking the time to stop and do a picture that mimics the show, I use something called the Pen Tool. Usually a size 4 or 5 brush, then I gently use the eraser tool to taper the edges. It takes me a long time, but some artists I know are SUPER SPEEDY with it! Its especially good if you have shaky hands but want clean lines, like me haha.

The pencil tool gives you pixel edges, which aren't what most people want when they give it a go. For the brush tool, stick with the hard brushes as it seems you did. You can do your outline on one layer, than color beneath it, and.. goodness! There are so many tricks to learn with photoshop, but they are all great tools. Just sniff around the net for tutorials and you'll learn great stuff :)

Interesting. . . I'm using Photoshop 6, where is the Pen Tool?

If you look beneath the black arrow icon, there should be something shaped like a steel pen nib. That is the pen tool. Though I am using CS, but back when I used 7 it was there. I believe the pen tool has been a pretty standard feature.

Definitely seconding Skink on the pen tool; I do pretty much what she suggested a post ago.

You should be able to find the pen tool when you load up PS and just press the 'p' key on your keyboard. That's the shortcut for it and easiest way to get to it.

I know with CS3 it's located to the right on the tab that houses the brush, pencil, etc. It's right above the text tool.

Erk. Didn't realize it was Elements. Full Photoshop has the pen tool, but Elements doesn't. D: (I also did a quick Google search just to be extra sure, and it seems to be the same across the board. :/)

Oh. . . FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-