I feel rather worthless...

OfficialBronyTime

So, I don't think this is the place to talk about this... But here it comes. You know how they tell you to learn from others, and from your mistakes? Well, it doesn't work for me. I'm a bad roleplayer, despite doing it for about a year. I've messed up countless times, and seen huge posts. I... It belittles me, to be honest. I want to cry in a corner. I love roleplaying, it's my life but roleplaying doesn't love me. And before you say one liners are good... They're not to me. I want to be detailed, be a professional writer and I just can't seem to be able to be any good. I have no talents whatsoever, and I never want to go out and join clubs. I was bullied for years, eventually got so mad I kicked a teacher and got excluded. I'm in college now, but I still feel horrible. It's just... Hard to explain. I may sound happy and cheerful, but I'm not, not at all.

Love... Matthew.

You remind me of myself,being happy is hard,pretending to be happy is just as hard.I was once told that the world breaks everyone,but after,some are stronger at those broken parts.It takes effort,but even a pile of pebbles like me can become a stone rock again if I try enough.Even if your life is hard and full of obstacles and people trying to stop you,just remember that diamonds are made under pressure and strength is made through the hardship,not the victory.And I understand you about the RPing,I have a hard time here because of the rules in WoE and CC,I always like making my characters dark and the people here just don't like that,that's why I also RP on MLPforum.I know that won't help you in your situation,but I'm just stating that we all have to make changes at some point.Not everyone has a talent,but everyone has the ability to get a talent,it just takes hard work.Just don't give up on what you love,if I ever gave up on what I loved,I would be a heartless monster,but I held onto that string of hope in the dark hole,and I'm glad I did,because even though I'm still sorrowful,at least I still have the chance to be happy.

Then that's another thing we have in common!Listen,there isn't any pill or therapy that can make you happy,the only thing that can help is you.Trust me,take advice from the guy who has been on both ends of a loaded gun.I know it might not help much,but back when I was at the height of my depression,I had no one to tell me anything because I was a monster and put myself there.I didn't have a god or anyone to turn to,so I turned to myself,and I saw what I really was and I didn't like that person,so I had two choices,fight to change or drop to the ground and stop people from having to look apon my existence,and well,to me,it wasn't much of a difference.Back then,I thought I'd be killing myself either way.So,don't think you're alone,because I was there,maybe even in a worse way,but I went through it.If I can make it through,then why shouldn't you?Please,don't make the same mistake I was close to making.It takes strength that you might not even got,but you have to make that strength.

I agree with Arrow...I am still suffering from depression and I am still getting bullied at school....it takes a lot of strength and perseverance to overcome...I hope you feel better..just..try not to kill yourself..just remember who loves you and keep in mind that god is always there for you..good luck

~Shadow

Thanks for the kind words, but I'm not a Christian, so the God thing doesn't apply to me. But don't worry, I don't belittle someone based on their religion, or none religion. But anyway, thanks, and I'll never commit suicide... Ever.

That's the spirit...just keep looking at all the good in your life and you will beat this...it is hard but if Arrow and I can handle it..I'm sure you can too

Have you ever tried Round Robin style story telling? It’s similar to an RP, only it's multiple people adding bits to a story as they go. All the writer has to work with is what the last person wrote. Each writer is each character, adding their own interpretation of the situation to the story. The more details, the better.

I wouldn't call myself a good soul just yet,I have a lot of things I still need to do before I can be get rid of the bad in me,but if sharing my thoughts about this to you helps you just get up a little easier in the morning,then that's something I'm proud to hold on my shoulders.

If I have to be honest, I like it better than RP. I feel like there is more freedom, more changes to see several sides of characters from the eyes of more than one person, opportunities for world building that come from working together, and best of all, long, detailed posts.

Keeping them alive can be a challenge, just like RP. It's good to start small to test a group's vigor, then build on what you have got.

Thanks, and I recently learned I most likely have severe depression...

I'll try my hardest to beat the *Insert bad word here* out of depression!

No, don't do that. Get professional help, please. Really, go on google, search for psychiatry in your area, and get diagnosed and treatment. If you think you have depression do not try and handle it yourself, it is the biggest mistake you can make. If you are in a major city, there are likely free options as well if money is tight.

No one on this site is a professional, and if you have real issues, the internet isn't going to help. It is basically catharsis, which any professional will tell you will only make you feel better on the short term but not help on the long term.

Ok, Starswirl. I'll look up Psychiatrists. I'm just... I don't know... Worried. I don't want to be shipped off to an asylum, and I don't want to be dependent on pills the rest of my life. I want to live a normal life, no pills, no asylum, no depression... But I'll do what you say.

Ok, Starswirl. I'll look up Psychiatrists. I'm just... I don't know... Worried. I don't want to be shipped off to an asylum, and I don't want to be dependent on pills the rest of my life. I want to live a normal life, no pills, no asylum, no depression... But I'll do what you say.

Those fears are completely misplaced. I'm no professional, but I can tell you from experience with friends and family, psychological hospitals are only there for serious cases if you (or the patient) display a clear and present threat to either themselves or others. And you can't live a "normal life" with depression, you can live a normal life on medication though. And you won't necessarily be on medication your entire life either. That would be decided upon by a psychiatrist, but it is rare that people need to be medicated for their entire life, even with psychological disorders.

Those were the same things I feared,same reason why I never got help.If you want to do that,that's your choice,not mine.I never got help,but I don't think everyone should follow my lead on that,not everyone can handle that.

Those are silly fears. And not realistic in the slightest. Also, no one should EVER handle psychological issues on their own. There is a reason there are free programs to help people with depression. It is very serious and needs treatment.

Those were the same things I feared,same reason why I never got help.If you want to do that,that's your choice,not mine.I never got help,but I don't think everyone should follow my lead on that,not everyone can handle that.

If you think people shouldn't follow your lead, why are you advising them to do just that?

I got help from my psychiatrist...he gave me some really good advice and no medication, no asylum, and little to no pills...and I managed to get this far...get some help..but remember..if you need someone to talk to...we are here for you

Nobody can really handle it. I may be the closest thing on this site to a professional on this matter, having studied it extensively in college, and all I can do is agree with Star Swirl. There's coping, which is something many people with chronic depression can do, and then there's getting better. Two different things. Coping leaves you exhausted and worn out. You don't want to do things.

One thing you should keep in mind is that there is absolutely nothing wrong with having to be on pills. There are countless individuals taking pills every day and nobody else ever finds out (except of course parents if you're not an adult). If it helps, it helps, and you shouldn't count it out just because you think that coping without taking pills is "normal." You can get better if you seek out professional help. If you don't, you can cope for a while, but it will more than likely just get worse as time goes on. Even just counseling, without pills, can help in a lot of cases.

Definitely seek out professional help.

When you're in a spot like that,you'd fear anything.And why shouldn't one be allowed to help themselves?Sure,I don't think all should do it,but I think I helped myself a lot better then any pills a doctor could give me,even if statistics are against me,I shouldn't be compared to the rest of the world.I'm different,like the trillions of other people here,and different things work better for me.

Archived