Firecracker

Bladerock

Name: Firecracker

Sex: Male.

Species: Earth Pony.

Pelt Color: White.

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: red with yellow highlights. He keeps his mane short, somewhat scruffy and held away from his face with a crimson bandana. In contrast, his tail is kept long and well combed.

Eye Color: light green.

Physique: Slightly taller than average, somewhat muscular from pulling his cart around.

Origin: Canterlot, now lives wherever he makes camp.

Roleplay Type: FIM/Show Roleplay.

Occupation: Firecracker travels with a small cart where he keeps his fireworks and crafting tools. He sells shows, rather than individual product, asking for a small fee to organize Firework displays for town festivities or parties.

Cutie Mark: A single red firecracker with three yellow sparks around the match.

Motivation: To change other ponies' lives with the beauty of fireworks.

Likes: anything colorful, magic, fireworks(duh!), camping food, wild grass, rivers.

Dislikes: monochrome art and objects, fire, lightning storms, rain, salt.

Character summary:

Firecracker's calling came when he was young, as the sky seemed to explode one day. The startling noise followed by a multitude of colors made him forget about the troubles he had been having. Whatever it was, the joy that he felt only lasted as long as the event itself, a few seconds. The young colt would then proceed to dedicate his life in a quest to recapture the magic of that day.

Firecracker has been traveling for a few years now. He has yet to make a firework that replicates the lights he saw during his early years, but firmly believes that he will be able to do so when the time is right. Due to his nomadic lifestyle, the young stallion doesn't have many friends and has a certain level of social awkwardness that manifests itself in small temper tantrums when he feels mistreated. This is not to say that he isn't a friendly pony, but rather, that he tends to overreact to situations.

Things of note that i have no idea as to where to put:

- Firecracker carries a long pipe-like object with a soft hilt on his back. This is actually a lighter he uses on his fireworks, the button being on the hilt for him to press with his teeth. He will sometimes use it as a slapstick weapon if he's having a tantrum, but only rarely (a pegasus pony making it rain over his fireworks on purpose, and thus ruining his livelihood, may warrant it's use. But simply spilling a drink on him won't). It's pliable and thus doesn't hurt to be hit by it. It can sting a little, though.

- Firecracker would love to wear his mane long, but he can't due to his work. He's already had his mane light on fire once...

- Firecracker would never hand over anything more complex than a sparkler to another pony. He's too safety conscious to allow someone without proper training to handle such potentially dangerous objects.

Notes:

1. I was thinking along the lines of "the kind of toy my little pony would release for boys" while making this. In short: boys like explosions, have short tempers and like weapon-like accessories packed with their dol- action figures. Now, how do we make a toy like this without making it as out of place as a g.i. Joe or Transformer.

1.a. in the same line of thought, his summary is the kind of thing you would find in the product pamphlet or back of the box.

2.It's hard to balance these concepts without feeling a little out of place, so i don't mind having to rewrite everything if it comes to that. I have never pony rped before, afterall.

3. Is it okay to have these notes in my application?

3.a. My fingers hurt from all the typing.

4. I believe there is little else i can do. I think it's finished.