Celebrity Appearances

arrowghost

Hey, guys & gals,

Since we know Weird Al will appear in Pinkie Pride, who other celebrities you plan for the crew to hire? I got the suggestions here.

Grey DeLisle (Best the voice of Frankie Foster or the voice of Derpy raging on her special muffin being sold out)

Tim Curry (He really makes a great villain, his role is huge and I can't forget he plays a wonderful Captain Hook in the past in Fox's Peter Pan cartoon)

J. K. Simmons (He also known in the Spiderman movies but also Tenzin from Legends of Korra)

Daniel Radcliffe (I want to see a Harry Potter pony, more like a new rival to Twilight)

Christopher Lee (Also makes a great villain when he plays Count Dooku and revived his role as Saruman)

And for the choice of characters, I got :

James Garrett (VA for Avatar Roku) - Starswirl the Bearded

Keone Young (VA for Jeong Jeong or Lao Shi from American Dragon) - Some Asian pony

Summer Sanders - Swimmer pony at Equestria Games

Mythbusters - as themselves at Canterlot Science Fair

Earl Alexander (VA for Left 4 Dead's Louis) - Some black guy pony or rapper or musician.

What are your opinions on what's going to come in more of Season 4 and even 5?

The Mythbusters would be a great cameo/special guest appearance. Maybe not characters as important as Weird Al's is going to be this Saturday, but certainly popping in at least. They've been really cool about the whole pony thing so far, and have been more than happy to accept and sign fan art of them as ponies, so I believe it's something they'd be happy to do in downtime. I'd love to see it, too.

I would love to see Jamie and Adam get a cameo (Huge mythbusters fan), same with Christopher Lee (Huge star wars fan here too so... it was only logical I'd say yes to this one too xD). As for the upcoming Weird Al episode, I'm not a huge fan of him but it's certainly nice the fandom is attracting so many celeberties.

I'd like to see the Mythbuster too, would love to see them judging a science fair or as scientists in a lab or even "product safty testers" in a factory.

Also as much as I love John Delancie, I'm still hoping we get a villian voiced by Jeremy Irons! Best. Villian. Voice. Ever.! *squee*

And as I said above, excited about Wierd Al, love his music, sad to say I've never seen UHF though...

John de Lancie already took over as Discord, but I found out that Jonathan Freeman (VA for Aladdin's Jafar) is another good candidate for him, but except Jafar is more sinister & evil than Q.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention if some scientist pony would to be around, other than the Mythbusters, how about Breaking Bad? ;)

Never seen it, everyone keeps telling me it's awesome though... As for the VA for Jafar, I would've loved him to voice Sombra (And give the poor guy some actual lines rather than the sounds of a wild animal...). What would you guys think of Benedict Cumberbatch (The voice of Smaug and Sauron in the hobbit and the actor who plays Sherlock in the new modern Sherlock Holmes serie.)?

John de Lancie already took over as Discord, but I found out that Jonathan Freeman (VA for Aladdin's Jafar) is another good candidate for him, but except Jafar is more sinister & evil than Q.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention if some scientist pony would to be around, other than the Mythbusters, how about Breaking Bad? ;)

I didnt say as discord, just as a villian.

I think BB might be a hair more than they want to have on teh show except maybe as an extra... of course, if you need a mad scientist, you can always get Doctor Horrible! (aka Neil Patrick Harris)

I never seen Breaking Bad as well as I don't watch TV like I used to, but I accept the high ratings & popularity, but just not that certain yellow sponge, it's just so wrong and not worth watching.

I'm still waiting for the Extended Version of the 2nd Hobbit movie, so I don't know how Smaug sounds. But if we want really evil villains, Tricia Helfer voices Kerrigan is definitely badass, she'll make the perfect villain for Chrysalis' sister, mother, mentor, etc... Changeling could use some little bit more love. If I have to pick for Grogar, Ian McDiarmid's Emperor Palpatine may suit him, or if not Tim Curry. Sorry, can't decide the right actor. And it's another hard choice for Tirek too.

Speaking of Mad Scientist, I rather call in Robin Atkin Downes, he is known in today the voice as... you get it, "As the patient woke up, his skeleton was missing. And the doctor was never heard from again. *laughter* "

I'd be worried about too many celebrity cameos. At a certain point it becomes about the celebrity of the week and how to put him in the story and not the story itself.

The Simpsons shows celebrities used at their best and worst. Best is when the celebrity brings a character to life that has a good story reason to be there. At their worst the episode becomes "Look at all the famous people who got to be here, who cares why they are here"

There's always balance on hiring them, the more we do it, the more money will be drained. So calling them only when we needed them. ;) If it's on every episode each week, wow, Hasbro has a quite a fund for them. :o

Archived