Headphone trouble.

SongHeart

gaaah.... my new headphones that cost me like a hundred bucks are broke. when i listen to songs i can hear the music but not the words. did i accidently turn on a filter or something? if i did can i turn it off? PLEASE HEEEEEELP. seriously if you know anything about headphones that could help please tell me. i'm broke because i bought them so i can't get new ones. and it's not the computer i've already tried listening to music without them

Just a hunch, try finding a Amp/Equalizer app and fiddle with the settings until vocals become clearer. I used to do something similar to my last pair.

That, or your headphones are designed to make vocals less prominent. Or your headphones are bust.

I have a few questions...

1) What headphones are they?

2) Were they working fine before?

3) Did you mess with your audio settings in anyway?

4) Is there anything ELSE wrong with the sound? (Highs being subdued, midrange being hollow, or bass being soft or muddy)

5) Have you checked your jack or wire?

Keep in mind that Vocals are usually from 1kHz to 3kHz. With the low end going to 300Hz and the high end going up to 3.5kHz. It shouldn't be possible for your headphones to just stop rendering those frequencies out of no where and your EQ on flat should render everything as your headphones are designed to do. Of course without having access to your specific headphones I can't know what is exactly wrong, if anything at all.

Also, price is not always indicative of performance.

i'm not exactly sure wat they're called. i put the box in the recycling and the name isn't on them. but they have a microphone built into them if that tells yo anything.

yes they were working this morning

exept the mixer to turn all the volume down, no.

some sound effects are muted or very sugtle

yes but i don't see anything wrong.

i took them off for a minute to go get a drink and when i came back they weren't working.

Do me a favour and take a few pictures of them. Side, top, inside of the cup (try to get the part where they connect with the headband), the boom mic and the inside of the band.

There should be marking on them somewhere. I haven't seen a single pair of headphones that haven't. Usually the marking is pretty garish. (and I've seen a LOT of headphones, I'm talking hundreds, if you name a brand I've probably listened to it)

And that does not sound normal at all. I'd be inclined to ask if it is USB or 3.5mm input. (if USB it could be a driver issue or an issue with the USB pins)

Knowledge of the make and model of the headphone would benefit greatly.

Also knowing if it uses USB or standard 3.5mm as well. Because it could be just a driver issue, and uninstalling and reinstalling the driver for the headphones could fix the issue

it's USB. i think it was made for phones and or tablets because of the way the microphone is built in. it also has a "answer" button for some reason so i'm guessing it's for something you can actually answer.

and it's foldable if that helps..... they're not one of the super fancy ones made by a huge brand name i don't think. but they were still 99 bucks. i know what you said about performance but i'm jsut saying i can't replace them with the same kind because i'm broke.

No... that really doesn't help.

I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. If you still have an issue find out which manufacturer made them and send them in for a warranty repair.

Archived