I think I have a virus...?

OfficialBronyTime

Ok, so I recently downloaded Visual Boy Advance so I could play some of my old favourite games even though my Gameboy was broken.

Now, the downloader was really weird, having all sorts of Advertisements and a bunch of stuff like Browser bars and things. And when I downloaded it I found out that there was this program, FindRight.

My question is: Am I safe? And if not, what do I do?

Ok to start:

Since I'm not going to click on a questionable link... I don't know if you have a virus or not.

It could very well just be spyware or adware that is messing up your computer.

Get Malwarebytes and Adaware. Scan your computer, and use Google to see if you can find any other info.

Good luck.

I don't have the money for AdAware, and I just got the freeversion of Malwarebytes. Is the AdAware required, would you say?

Only if Malwarebytes doesn't work. And there should be a free version of adaware.

Ok, here's what you need to do: First, check your installed programs to see if there are things there you didn't mean to install. In Windows XP, you find that under the Control Panel in Add and Remove Programs. In Win 7 and higher, its still in the control panel, but the icon is named "Programs and Features." Go through the list there and look for things like tool bars, coupon programs, 'registry cleaner' programs and uninstall them. Then, to double Starswirl's suggestion, Malwarebytes. Install MWB, allow it to update, then run a full scan. It could take it a while to run the scan, but just be patient. When it completes, tell the program to remove everything it finds.

http://botcrawl.com/remove-findright-virus/

I would advise changing passwords after you remove it.

Also, I personally find avast! to be a great free anti-virus program. It's a shame that so many "free", useful programs come bundled with malware and adware, or even non-harmful stuff that you don't want. So hard to get something decent that isn't plagued with such.

Archived