Equestrian Religion

Juneiper Jazz

I think you guys are forgetting that she doesn't have to have a 'limited pool' even if this were the case - every living being in existence brings in energy from an outside source. It's called eating, or photosynthesis. In the case of ponies, they might also be manavores.

But I doubt very much she needs to 'manually' keep her youth. I would rather suspect that Royals are just naturally long-lived.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you guys are forgetting that she doesn't have to have a 'limited pool' even if this were the case - every living being in existence brings in energy from an outside source. It's called eating, or photosynthesis. In the case of ponies, they might also be manavores.

But I doubt very much she needs to 'manually' keep her youth. I would rather suspect that Royals are just naturally long-lived.

I think all the ponies in Equestria are sugar-powered. Have you -seen- how many sweets they seem to consume daily?

I would think they were naturally long lived too.

And no, I wasn't forgetting that creatures use an outside source, but the difference is that outside source of energy is not enough to reverse cellular breakdown over time. Otherwise if we ate regularly, we'd never die. What she would need to sustain herself would be a source great enough to do that kind of thing. And yes, she would need a limited pool, if her pool was unlimited, really unlimited, she'd be God. As in, ethereal all-being that encompasses everything since she's literally just a source of limitless magical power. She wouldn't age, or take damage, or even need a physical body.

Well if you all want to get real science technical, the outside source of energy that allows her (and everything else) to control would be the Sun, which she seems to have some power over.

Sadly in the show we will probably never find out the true age or power limit of Celestia and Luna (or any other alicorn). All we know for sure is they live thousands of years in comparison to decades for the other pony sub-species. They have immense magical powers and probable power over the fundamental forces of their world, although it is likely limited to some degree. I wouldn't be surprised that they are born, age very slowly over time, have offspring, and eventually die, but in a much larger timespan.

Besides everyone knows god's name in Equestria is Fyre-Flye :)

I would think they were naturally long lived too.

And no, I wasn't forgetting that creatures use an outside source, but the difference is that outside source of energy is not enough to reverse cellular breakdown over time. Otherwise if we ate regularly, we'd never die. What she would need to sustain herself would be a source great enough to do that kind of thing. And yes, she would need a limited pool, if her pool was unlimited, really unlimited, she'd be God. As in, ethereal all-being that encompasses everything since she's literally just a source of limitless magical power. She wouldn't age, or take damage, or even need a physical body.

Um... now much 'energy' one has ... has nothing to do with how long they can live. Our bodies don't break down because of a 'lack of energy'. If that was the case, we'd eat one extra muffin every day and live forever. Our bodies break down because there are small bits and pieces at the ends of our DNA chains that slowly break away over time, till the 'end buffer' gives away and we start losing necessary DNA. Also, the mutations that happen every day slowly build up in our bodies, and mutations generally kill people.

Energy wouldn't stop that from happening, it's entirely genetics.

Besides everyone knows god's name in Equestria is Fyre-Flye :lol:

*snrk* *hahahahaaha!* Ah, perfectly put. And there, ladies and gents, is the definitive answer.

Um... now much 'energy' one has ... has nothing to do with how long they can live. Our bodies don't break down because of a 'lack of energy'. If that was the case, we'd eat one extra muffin every day and live forever. Our bodies break down because there are small bits and pieces at the ends of our DNA chains that slowly break away over time, till the 'end buffer' gives away and we start losing necessary DNA. Also, the mutations that happen every day slowly build up in our bodies, and mutations generally kill people.

Energy wouldn't stop that from happening, it's entirely genetics.

Energy in the magical sense. Theoretically, if our body was given enough energy to work with and the biological processes to do it, we could reverse our aging. This could obviously be accomplished via magic if she had enough of a magical source.