"...And now you're a squad." (Interest check)

Alright ponies! Stand to attention, because I've got an idea.

Basically, due to whatever reason that would merit such a change (The reason is up to you, but it should generally reflect something that might occur to the character), the player's ponies have been reassigned temporarily into a new squad, due to either a lack of fully cohesive squads, or as part of a programme to improve cross-branch synergy and form friendships.

Now, the thing is, the squad is assembled from a miss-matched grouped of ponies. Although on paper their abilities should in a way, complement or support each other, but their thought processes and personality are like opposite sides of two trenches. Add the unlucky Sergeant who has to lead them on missions, and you have a disjointed team who have to deal with each other for Celestia knows how long. Of course with the occasional fancy fight, there should be a bit of inter-team dynamics

if this somehow get's enough interest, I'll be playing Warp Sign, who will fill a mage capacity and the bookworm stereotyping. I would prefer that only one squad commander (preferably a Sergeant), be leader, with a 2-3 squad members at a lower rank (Privates and Corporals). Maximum is four ponies, because anymore would be unrealistic. And obviously, your ponies must be from a branch of the military.

So, anyone? Bringing out those grunts for a bit of fieldwork in a unfamiliar situation?

Well, what time period? Any crossover esq stuff?

Warhammer, Star Wars, Sci Fi, Generic pony world, guns, swords, spears...I like the idea, but I want to know a little more stuff.

Well, what time period? Any crossover esq stuff?

Warhammer, Star Wars, Sci Fi, Generic pony world, guns, swords, spears...I like the idea, but I want to know a little more stuff.

This is Canterlot Chronicles mate. I'm pretty sure crossover's aren't allowed here. I was speaking in terms of the said setting and allowances that the Canterlot Chronicles section allows.

Hrmm, well I'd be interested though Razor here is my only CC character, and -was- from the REA but quit to start his own, freelance career. Perhaps I could join under the assumption this would take place around the time Raz was first in the military? Though I don't know if characters approved have to follow their strict, already established history, or if we're free to play out points in it if it would fit in a setting. If it wouldn't work out then I hope y'all find some other ponies, because this sounds like a fun idea! :)

I have no idea either, but for continuity's sake, if one decides to play as a character from his past, then the others should too lest things get messy. I personally don't want to reverse Warp Sign, given that if I do, he doesn't have much to reverse to before he's out of the military.

I'd be interested in trying this. Only problem is, I don't actually have a character in the Guard at the moment, but rather one I'd been thinking about trying to get into the guard at some point.

Given that she has a military background, but no actual history in the Guard, I figure it might make sense for her to either be assigned to a squad for a probationary period or having recently gone through basic training rapidly.

All the same, if that wouldn't work here or you'd rather not have this kind of character, that would be fully understandable.

Here's the app, in case you want to take a look: http://www.canterlot...dy/#entry402546

I guess in a militia capacity then, tweakingthe initial reason for the squad assignment to be a mixture of actual soldiers to work with local militia should the situation ever arise (Eg. Another Changeling Invasion, or a few bandits).

It would work, and it might even add interesting dialogue. We're just short a leader though.

Archived