Extrem weather here lately

Bright Glow

Well the weather is extrem here in hungary since last weekend it means the weather is extremly hot between 31-40 Celsius degree (87,8F-104F Degree) and I read on a hungarian weather forcast site that in some part of the contry it's possoble to super cell storms. :shock: It's extrem because we never had ani tornados or twisters here in Hungary. :?

What's the situation where you live? :?:

it rarely ever gets hotter than 30ºC here in Winnipeg. usually we only get that hot towards mid-august, but we've already had several days that hot this year. if it's that hot already, I'm not looking forward to what the rest of the summer will be like :? right now though it's 16ºC, but it's supposed to go up to 34ºC this week with lots of thunderstorms.

we've also had two (three?) floods this year, and they're all close to record highs. I don't live in any of the places that flooded, but the river was high enough at one point to cover up the trees close to the shore line

Yesterday it was 105 where I am, and I spent most of the day outside like a lunatic. We've been having some serious thunderstorms lately, too.

I think someone's giving the pegasus ponies a little too much leeway in the creativity department.

Living where I do in the Midwest of America, extreme temperature fluctuations are common, and unfortunately super cells and tornadoes are less rare than I like as well. This past Monday we had what is called a Derecho, a line of storms with sustained winds of over 93 km/h. it caused a lot of damage and some folks lost power for three days.

Its been typically summer otherwise, although a little dry.

my dad has been comparing the weather in Orlando to the weather in Winnipeg (because we're going to Disney world next month) and for the past few days, it's almost been hotter up here :shock: is that wierd or does it just get hotter later in the summer in Orlando?

• 4 weeks later...