rise of the d4rk ch4o5 virus (ask to join)

The earth filly blinked a few times to process the information she was gathering. She kept herself silent and talked to herself in her mind instead, quickly too.

Glady: Gee... Don't want to be infected, then...

She'd say spontaneously. After what she would throw a stare behind her to look at her two other friends. She'd notice how Seria had calmed down already and Violet was right there as well. Since things were fine, the filly came back to Venom with more questions in mind about this virus. She wasn't sure she'd get answers, but it was worth a try.

Glady: Did anypony say anything else about that? Is it contagious too?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"......not much that i can remember i think somepony said that the virus has two types of effects on ponies it either makes them discorded or merges them with other species" she said needing to think very hard to remember

The more she was told about the virus, the less she wanted to be put in contact with it. She'd lift her hoof from the ground as she'd tilt backward with a cringe. Things seemed to be getting rather serious now. Behind her, Violet and Seria could hear their conversation and so they were able to hear about the virus too, which would get them worried...

Seria: Discorded... I've heard of this before...

The young fairy seemed rather more worried than the two others on this one. She tried to recall something from before, then would slowly get up on all fours. Obviously the look of her friends was telling her they didn't know what being discorded meant. She'd need to explain what she knew.

Seria: To put it simply... you become the opposite of who you are. If what she says is true... then there is a virus spreading around which will affect us like this if it reaches us or... it'll grow strange parts on our bodies...

That last part she had lowered her head. The thought of knowing that such an illness existed was scary enough. Glady decided to go back to her and Violet. Something didn't seem right with all of this... this virus sure was something.

Glady: But how does this even exist? I mean... catching a cold or the flu is normal, but this? Did a virus like that ever existed before??

Seria could only shrug as she ignored the answer to that, but it didn't seem so logic that this virus ever existed in time.

Seria: I've only heard from the other fairies and the elders. Not much else... but still, if this is all true then we have to do something!

She'd quickly turn to Violet after.

Seria: Violet, your uncle... I can't be certain, but from what you've told us about him before, well... I think he could...

She'd stop there. Just by looking at her friend it was obvious that she had catched on what she was saying. She was struck... She had brought her two hooves to her mouth, not believing what was happening, but this was terrible! Glady refused to lose faith, though. With a stomp on the ground she'd give a determined look to her friends.

Glady: Well then we have to try and find a solution to that!

Although her determination was there, something was missing.

Seria: But... where do we start then?

She'd ask. Glady wasn't certain of what to answer to this one. Hopefully that somepony around them was paying attention to what had been said there.

NightStalker raised an eyebrow and tried not to act so surprised. He saw some other fillies and didn't mind them coming. By the mention of virus, it made him look at his hooves.

"Did I get the discorded affect?" He said to himself, thought it is audible enough to be heard.

"Well, we really should try to find out where the virus started.." He said to the fillies.

A picture of the badlands apeared in his head as she spoke. He looks at his hooves then back at the filly.

"I dont know about you guys, but I'm g-going.."

He covered his mouth with his hoof and looked at the filly.

"One question....does the affects go worse?"

Nightstalker nodded with a bit of sadness.

"I see.." He said looking away.

Suddenly, he heard the filly sneeze and felt something stick in his hooves. He identified it as a green spider web.

"Is this gonna infect me or something?" he asked lifting his hoof.

Seria: I thought as well...

She'd answer looking at Nightwalker after Venom gave him an answer. Thing was that this place was in the badlands... Seria heard about that place too and wasn't so sure if she wanted to get there... It was dangerous after all. Same for Violet, she couldn't just go and get herself in danger, this was unthinkable.

Seria: But I...

*STOMP*

Gladly: We'll go there, then! we gotta start somewhere, right?

She'd say after she interrupted the fairy. She was determined! They had to find a cure for this! Glady knew that her and her friends had good abilities to defend themselves... If not, then her own strength would be enough to protect everyone. This she knew she was confident on, thanks to Violet when they had met.

Violet: But Glady, wouldn't it be better if we asked somepony else? I mean... going there's not the safests thing to do, you know... Well at least I don't think so... the name of that place doesn't sound reassuring at all.

The earth filly didn't put away that confidence, though. She'd reject the pessimism of Violet on this with a gesture of her hoof.

Glady: C'mon! All I need is to take my hammer with me and we'll be fine!

After what Venom sneezed and the three saw the green web thing land down.

Glady: Eww...

They'd cringe... It wasn't her fault, but still this made them feel a bit uncomfortable there.

NightStalker cringed and slowly wiped the web away.

"Right... of course it does.." he said as he wiped the last bit of web of. He heard the fillies determination. He got piped up as well.

"I'll use my wingblades then.." he sais as he glanced at his wings.

(By the way, the hammer thing reminds me of Amy Rose XD)

(M'yeah, but unfortunately she won't be able to use it much lol :P The thing's really heavy and she had been sneezed on already. The virus will take effect on her. Glady's source of strenght was actually based on a character from a french comic series)

Glady switched to Nightstalker as he talked about his wings and smiled.

Glady: Wow, that's pretty nice!

She'd say. As for the two others, they weren't really convinced. Although they wanted to put a stop to this, the risks of running into danger felt like they were very high.

Seria: Glady... think a little. The Badlands are not just any lands you can go to. The name itself should say it!... It's dangerous to go there and we don't even know what's in there!

The blue filly turned back to her.

Glady: But the virus spreads fast! I don't think we have much time to look for anyone. Me I'm sure we can do it... I guess we've never been far before, but I know we can help each other! Look!

She'd point at Violet.

Glady: Violet's able to use combat knives to fight. I have unimaginable strenght and you...

She'd then point at her fairy friend.

Glady: You have that magic staff that controls nature! I betcha we can do a lot all together and we even have help!

Seria: Don't be silly, I can't even control that magic!... It's still too difficult...

Her head would once again lower as she'd let out a long sigh. She became thoughtful at that moment and Glady could only stare at her speechless... She didn't know how to convince them. Violet didn't give much of a reaction, but Glady could see fear in her anyway. Seemed she was the only one willing to go. Glady would sigh as well.

Glady: Fine... Then I'm going with them.

Saying that she would turn around to start walking in direction of the others, leaving her two friends behind. She really wanted to solve that problem, but it wasn't going to be as easy with the support of her friends, though. As she was walking away head down, the two other fillies remained close to each other and started to feel rather bad.

Violet: Glady!...

She'd call out suddenly to get her attention. Glady turned around to look at her.

Violet: I.. I'll go back home...

She'd pause. Glady thought so anyway and wasn't fazed much by it. Her eyes would sight down the ground as she was about to give up her hopes on them to come, but...

Violet: ... So I can get my knives.

She'd finish with a smile that placed itself on her visage. Glady's ears would perk up as she heard those words and she too would give a smile to her unicorn friend. Her eyes would shift to Seria who was also looking at her. She too had a smile on her face and the fairy nodded.

Seria: We can't let you go without us... it's too risky!

Hearing this too, Glady would once again express determination and gave them a nod.

Glady: Then let's do this!

At that she'd turn around to see Venom.

Glady: So! We're following, then!

NightStalker nodded. He glanced back at his house then at the fillies.

"Okay, everypony, go get everything you need and after 10 minutes we meet back here." He said as he flew off.

NightStalker got a little shaky while flying but manages to stay on the air. He lands in front of his house and rummaged through his stuff. He finds his wing blades and placed it in his bag. He got other stuff he needed and flew back to the spot.

((he will require heavy nerfing if he is to be used))

Venom peeked a smile as they prepared to leave "it is not so dangerous as long as you stick with me as those who consider my family reside there" she said

((she reminds me of Ramona flowers from a canadian comic))

The fillies had gone to get their things anyway. They weren't so far away from their current living places and managed to be quick in getting their things. Once all back, the three of them would be ready to depart. Violet with saddle bags in which her knives were, Seria with her staff called Anima, a wooden magical staff which would end with a glowing dark green orb and Glady with her trusty huge hammer. Something looked stranged, though... The way the earth filly was draggin her hammer was different than usual. Most of the time she'd be able to carry it on her back, but this time the head was touching the floor and Glady seemed to be walking slower as well with it, not to mention that she seemed to be putting too much effort as well.

Glady: Phew... it feels heavier than it should be for some reason...

She'd say once she had reached the others. Both Violet and Seria wondered if things were okay there.

Violet: Are you okay?...

Glady: Yeah. It's just that... I dunno, it feels heavier. It's not heavier than usual, but I mean... it feels as if it was, but it's always the same weight... I mean...

She started not making any sense there... but Glady wasn't all that good at explaining things sometimes... this was one of those times. She'd sigh...

Glady: Forget it... it's just not the same as usual, that's all.

Seria would start having her doubts on that... but since she wasn't sure enough, she decided to keep this for herself instead. That said, they were ready to get going now. The small trio had gathered and they'd be able to follow them

(( Look, I'll give it a go, if I'm stepping out of line, just tell me, a'right? Sure he's tough but if there's one thing I hate is acting invincible, so don't worry. I'm just trying to have some fun here, really.))

It hasn't been a long time since he had landed on this planet... so far he's been living in the everfree forest, having built himself a rather... modest headquarter out of wood and leftover stones from abandoned ruins, he'd stay there as he'd try to figure out what to do out of his own self. He didn't want to mingle with the locals. Not yet anyway. Obviously they didn't seem dangerous, quite the opposite of the world of war he was used to see, even... No, the real problem was rather if he was ready phychologically to deal with such creatures.

Something about talking, brightly-colored ponies still rubbed him the wrong way for some reasons. And none of his training ever covered such a situation, not even close. He had absolutely no way back home, that was 100% certain... and no communications either. He who was created with one sole purpose; to eliminate the enemies that threatened his home planet... was at lost in this alien world.

Today however, getting slightly bored, he figured he could perhaps learn more about their habits alongside their culture... he'd be hiding in a rather tall and bushy tree, looking around through the thick branches. He even wore a camoflage net over himself; something he made out of leaves and an old fishnet he found in the river.

Using his helmet's zoom, he'd scope around... it's only soon after that a rather peculiar group of ponies would come near his tree, having what seemd to be a discussion about some sort of virus that seemed rather infectuous. As immobile as a statue, he'd try and listen as much as he could... curious to know more about all this.

Archived