Flim & Flam's Sweet Smell of Success (Open)

Mojo

Razor growled low, and got his talons ready to give that no good bucking stallion a close shave. He felt sure he wouldn't be a threat to his love if he was bald head to hoof!

But then his love mentioned the overcast...

'The foul weather is dampening my loves mood!' He thought with alarm. He wasn't going to allow that. Anything that disturbed his love had to pay the price for such a sin. He would even shake down Celestia herself if she even thought to make the sun too hot for his love to bare.

He was ready to get going, but blinked when the stallion kicked him and told him to get going. Razor glared at the stallion, and then realized his scheme.

'Blast! If I go and clear the skies for my love, I leave her unprotected around this Casanova fiend!' He thought, gripping the ground till his talons dug in.

It was the perfect scheme! Razor snarled before looking at his love once more.

"I'll have the skies cleared in a flash my dear. Wait for me." He said, gripping her hoof in his talons gently once before blasting off into the skies like an arrow from a bow.

Razor decided that the best way to clear these clouds was speed. Get it done fast, get it done now and save his love from the brute before he violated her purity with his tainted presence. He shot off to work,  using his speed and body to push the love perfume clouds together into a single giant puff ball of clouds.

Now was the tricky part. Grabbing the cloud, Razor began spinning it around and around, building up speed and a vortex of wind. He wasn't exactly a weather pro, but he knew enough to send a cloud flying. Though, that wasn't always the best. Once he got the cloud spinning at a fast rate, Razor let and gave it a kick as he sent it flying off into the horizon.

"Don't know where its going, and don't care. Its whoever gets it nexts problem." He said, watching the perfume cloud fly off. He looked back down to see if his love had been watching...

...and immediately saw red when he saw the stallion's hooves wrapped around HIS mare. Didn't this guy have any decency?!

"That tears it!" Razor snarled and he shot down tot he ground. He looked around for something heavy and blunt, and found it in the form of a large piece of wood from the busted up cart. it was just long enough, big enough and looked heavy enough to count as a good ol' fashioned club.

Giving an evil smirk, and a look of murder in his eyes, he picked up the club and slowly stalked quietly toward the tattooed stallion. Sneaking up behind, Razor slowly lifted the club high, ready to bring it down on the stallions head and...

....and.....and.....huh?

Razor slowly blinked and looked around confused. He looked up at the club in his talons, then at the stallion infront of him....

'What am I doing?'  Razor thought, stepping back and lowering the club slowly. Though he still hung onto it. He looked around confused and scratched his head.

"Hey...what's going on?"  Razor asked, hoping someone would have an answer.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry. Didn't know the thread was back up.

"Yes, yes Zecora, I'll help you, anything you want!  This whole terrible mess is mine and my brother's fault, I'll certainly help to make things right again!"

Well at least Zecora got through the one brother's thick skull as to the danger they caused. But as she began to gather the ingredients she feared that it wasn't over yet.

"Two plans I have in mind, in order to leave this potion's effect behind. I now plainly see in that this potion's effects are temporary. Even though this is the case thankfully we still need a remedy. But now there is something that provides greater terror, that menacing pink cloud in the air. This antidote if added there will neutralize the effects fair. If this doesn't work than the only thing that can be done better is to add to the cloud more water. That will cause the raining potion to dilute rather than pollute. So what do we need to stop the potion and erase everypony's false notion?" 

As Flam was deep in thought to answer Zecora's question, Mojo, still under the protection of his umbrella, galloped over to the pair.

"Yo dude!" the Paint stallion neighed, "your brother and me gal pal are about ta get hitched!  Have a look over there!"

Flam was now stunned to see his brother walking down the street, wearing a black tuxedo with a taller periwinkle unicorn mare wearing a white wedding veil. 

"Gadzooks!  I can't let that happen!" Flam neighed.

"Wouldn't be too good for me gal pal either," Mojo confessed as he turned towards Zecora, "hay there zebra babe, y'know, I can really dig a lady in stripes!"

"Stop flirting with Zecora and help us!" Flam demanded, "we need to find a way to introduce Zecora's remedy into that odd pink cloud!"

"Chill out, pointy head," Mojo said with a smile, "I have just the thing!"

The hippie brony quickly produced a small rocket from his saddlebags.

"Here's the ticket, chums!  I bartered with a rambunctious filly to get this firecracker rocket.  Jist put that antidote inta the rocket, aim it, light it, and watch it ram that uncool pink cloud!  Really groovy, can ya dig it?"

"Looks like it could work, what do you think, Zecora?"

derobanfix_zpsaca7bbe3.png

When Pressy started complimenting her, Derpy couldn't help but blush a bit. But she soon lifted her head into the air and posed like a super model in accordance to her friend's outpouring of flattery. Her coat was shiny, wasn't it? Or maybe it was a result of that incident with the glitter she had earlier today. Eh, shiny is shiny rather it's the natural sheen of a coat or the majestic glistening of small plastic reflective particles sticking to your hair.

"who did I go after by the way?"

Derpy scrunched her snout as she considered her answer. "Umm. It was the griffon guy I think. Razor. Heh, you two were after each other like a couple of magnets or something!"

When her friend presented the prospect of Inkbrand and Razor going from fighting to smooching in a millisecond, Derpy giggled. "Yeah that would be a problem. A hilarious problem, but still a problem."

She could barely finish her sentence before Razor gripped her hoof. "I'll have the skies cleared in a flash my dear. Wait for me." He then sped off and began clearing the skies. Soon those pesky clouds will be out of their hair. Literally!

"It's working, Pressy!"

Before she knew it, Derpy was swept up in Inkbrand's arm again. "Easy baby, I've got you,"

She gave an awkward laugh and leaned further back, barely missing the stallion's smooching attempt. "Hey, maybe we should save the whole kissing thing for later? Besides, If you kiss me now, you're gonna catch a cold! You wouldn't wanna be all sniffy and groggy now, would you?"

Her suggestion seemed to work, because Inkbrand's expression went from passionate to reluctant. Or maybe confused? Either way the incoming smooch session was ended and that's all that really mattered.

"Uh. Not that I particularly mind having a pretty mare in my hooves, but. Who the buck are you again?"

Derpy raised an eyebrow. "Wait... did it wear off or am I still the most amazing thing you've ever seen?"

Her eyes widened as Razor sneaked up behind Inkbrand with a club raised. "AAAAaaaa...." Hold on... Razor seemed to be snapping out of his daze as well. He backed up and lowered the club with the look of confusion in his eyeballs.

'What am I doing? Hey...what's going on?"

Derpy stayed in Inkbrand's grip as she waved her arms. "Oh man, It was all kinds of crazy! I came here just to get something for my stuffed up nose and suddenly everyone was smooching all over the place like it was Hearts and Hooves Day times ten! It was a smoochplosion!" She glanced at Inkbrand. "You both got rained on by some pink clouds of love-filled doom! I'm lucky I didn't-ow ow ow cramp!"

She flopped out of Inkbrand's hooves before jumping back on all fours. "Whoo, okay. So now that everyone's not all love crazy and junk, maybe we can figure out a way to fix this mess."

axlD5pC.jpg

"You heard the mare," Inkbrand snapped, and delivered as strong a kick to the griffon's rear as possible to hopefully send him skyward towards the pink clouds, "get rid of those clouds!"

"I'll have the skies cleared in a flash my dear. Wait for me."

"Don't know where its going, and don't care. Its whoever gets it nexts problem."

"That tears it!"

Derpy scrunched her snout as she considered her answer. "Umm. It was the griffon guy I think. Razor. Heh, you two were after each other like a couple of magnets or something! Yeah that would be a problem. A hilarious problem, but still a problem."

"It's working, Pressy!"

"Easy baby, I've got you,"

"Hey, maybe we should save the whole kissing thing for later? Besides, If you kiss me now, you're gonna catch a cold! You wouldn't wanna be all sniffy and groggy now, would you?"

"Uh. Not that I particularly mind having a pretty mare in my hooves, but. Who the buck are you again?"

"Wait... did it wear off or am I still the most amazing thing you've ever seen?"

Her eyes widened as Razor sneaked up behind Inkbrand with a club raised. "AAAAaaaa...."

'What am I doing? Hey...what's going on?"

"Oh man, It was all kinds of crazy! I came here just to get something for my stuffed up nose and suddenly everyone was smooching all over the place like it was Hearts and Hooves Day times ten! It was a smoochplosion! You both got rained on by some pink clouds of love-filled doom! I'm lucky I didn't-ow ow ow cramp! Whoo, okay. So now that everyone's not all love crazy and junk, maybe we can figure out a way to fix this mess."

A bright smile spread over the painter's face as she saw the stallion manage to 'convince' Razor to get rid of the clouds. The grey earth pony however did not see fit to help... but then again, Inkbrand was an earth pony and thusly bound to a ground friendly lifestyle. When the cream coated unicorn heard her mate's excitement at the plan working she nodded with glee, about read to hug her cross eyed companion in manipulation, but before she could, Inkbrand had snatched her up! Just as she was going to try and snatch the blonde pegasus back he was about to bring her into a kiss, "Oi, Mate ya can't kiss her yet! Dont ya 'ave any sense fer roman--" It seemed her attempts to stop the kiss were entirely unneeded as Inkbrand's love trance had worn off...

The freckled mare let out a sigh of relief as she saw that look of confusion fall upon Inkbrand's grey mug, "Good ta have ya back, Bruv!" The painter strolled up and gave Derpy a bit of help to pop out of his grasp, only to notice a club raised behind Inkbrand poised to cave the grey tattoo artist's skull in! "Inkbrand! Behind ya!" the mare almost shouted, thankfully Razor picked the perfect time to snap out of his trance too. Thank Celestia the griffin didn't get an extension on his curse from the contact (however limited) to the clouds... although now that she thought about it, where exactly did that cloud go? Well not their problem now!

"Well... I dun' know Derpy. yer the only one who can go near it cause o' the ol' sniffer obstruction." Pressy pursed her lips and then grinned, "That's it! This stuff is absorbed and enchants stuff through an olfactory method... it's a simplistic magic so it's simple ta avoid, usually. I remember back home my it was in one of my mum's old books on magic." The mare thought for a moment and rifled through her saddlebag before smacking herself in the face for realizing she'd still had her scarf on. WIthout  a second thought, the young mare wrapped the accessory's thick fabric over her mouth and nose, "I think we should step away from Inkbrand or clean him off somehow since he's got that stuff on him..."

Frdnlm6.png

Alright, so, that was kind of cute. After all, it wasn't everyday he could grip a grey Pegasus gyrating her legs around like it was going out of fashion.

Though it did make it admittedly harder for Inkbrand to actually concentrate on what the mare was saying, making his eyebrows furrow low over his head as confusion lay clear on his face. So dazed and bemused was he, that the grey stallion almost didn't register the twin shouts from the grey Pegasus and the cream colored Uni - Presetza, that was Presteza over there. When had she shown up? - as they warned him of some incoming attack, causing Inkbrand to catch the movement from the corner of his eye and flinch instinctively. He needn't have worried however, as the griffon seemed to pause mid-attack, club raised in the air and his eyes probably reflecting the same million questions running through Inkbrand's own head.

Like what the buck was going on here, exactly.

"Smoochplosion," the tattoo-clad stallion said slowly, as if mulling over the word would suddenly make the situation all the more clear. He hardly registered the Pegasus hopping out of his slackened grip, golden eyes darting suspiciously between the three other beings around him. "Love-filled doom clouds. Crazy in love? The buck?" Somepony had released pink clouds filled with some sort of, toxic magical concoction that had made him, and the griffon judging by his similar confusion, fall crazy in love with other ponies?

…Nope. Nope, still not making sense.

…Then again. This was Ponyville.

Inkbrand pressed a hoof to the bridge of his snout and held it there, hard, for a very long moment. Maybe if he just thought hard enough, everything would make sense. Or, by similar method, he could stop himself from wondering why the buck he was hanging around a town as insane as Ponyville.

Presteza's next words effectively staved off those thoughts however, causing the grey stallion to glance down at himself - and realize just then exactly how sticky he felt. Inkbrand felt a grimace cross his face as he held up one hoof, feeling his fur matted and viscid in places he really didn't want to think about, as if he'd been dumped in a tub of orange juice that was now starting to dry. An almost self-conscious expression passed by his face as the Unicorn wrapped her scarf around her snout, as if protecting her nostrils from any lingering effects of whatever messed-up potion had started this whole thing, or to stave off the cloying odor that undoubtedly clung to his pony self.

"Stuff, right," the grey stallion muttered, ears flattened on his head as he faced the Pegasus and the griffon doubtfully. "Er - don't suppose one of you guys can conjure up a…" A vague wave of one hoof through the air finished off Inkbrand's sentence, unsure if a Pegasus, let alone a griffon, could just pull together enough condensation for a fresh rain shower. And really, while going home for a nice bath sounded like Night Princess on a bun, Inkbrand could have really cared less for a sudden shower to clean the recesses of stickiness off of him.

A normal shower, thank you very much.

kafyBGS.jpg

Razor continued to look around confused, trying to piece his fragmented memories together. He looked over at Presteza as she explained, though it only made him more confused. Derpy's explanation was even more confusing; and...embarrassing.

"Wh-what? Smooching?" He said confused, and feeling his face heat up a bit.

Now he was concerned. He couldn't rightly figure out all this right now. Though what he did know was....he felt really sticky.

"What....awww darn it! Now I got to get wet with water...." He grumbled. He hated getting wet.

Still, it was better then being covered in....whatever this stuff was.

"Okay...let me see if I'm putting things together right."  He said, "This...perfume....isn't perfume but some sort of fancy pony magic thing?"

"Then....after we smelled it, it did something to us to make us....like kiss somepony or something?" Razor asked, trying to hide his rising blush, "Please....please tell me...this isn't true."

He really, really hoped it wasn't true. Because if it was...somepony was going to pay for not only messing with his head, but making him make a complete fool of himself!

Painfully.

Before Zecora could discuss a plan with Flam, the sly stallion watched his brother dressed as a groom, ready to marry a mare from town. The Zebra knew that temporary or not if this town was exposed to this potion then more would act like this. 

"Your brother will be taken care of later on, but we now must figure what must be done," she said trying to get the stallion back on track. 

"hay there zebra babe, y'know, I can really dig a lady in stripes!"

"Stop flirting with Zecora and help us!" Flam demanded, "we need to find a way to introduce Zecora's remedy into that odd pink cloud!"

Normally Zecora didn't need anypony to help her stand up for herself, especially not Flam of all ponies. But in this case she was kind of happy he did. 

"Well if it is true that you do like me, then you can help with this remedy." 

She didn't like using this false love to persuade others to do what she wanted, but this was serious. 

"Here's the ticket, chums!  I bartered with a rambunctious filly to get this firecracker rocket.  Jist put that antidote inta the rocket, aim it, light it, and watch it ram that uncool pink cloud!  Really groovy, can ya dig it?"

"Looks like it could work, what do you think, Zecora?"

"Yes, if the rocket explodes there plain then all that will fall will be simply rain. We have only one chance at this so hopefully this rocket will not miss." 

She gave Flam the antidote looking at him with a stare to drive home that the lovesick ponies' fates were in his hooves now.

Mojo nodded his head as the Paint stallion with the peace sign cutie mark produced the rocket.

"Not ta worry, love!  The filly that I got this rocket from said she put a guidance system in it," Mojo said as he opened the nosecone.  "See this series of tiny rubber bands and pulleys?  Quite ingenious, if ya ask me."

"Yes yes, no time to waste!" Flam neighed, placing Zecora's antidote in the tiny cargo area of the rocket.  "We've got to act fast before my brother becomes hitched!"

"Chill out, dude," Mojo said with a smile, "this will work.  I'll set all the pulleys an' then we'll be ready for launch.  Hay Stripes, could I take ya out for a smoothie after all this is done?  I meant what I said, I find ya quite beautiful."

"Just set the rocket, Casanovcolt!" Flam neighed, now even more horrified to see in the distance that his unicorn brother Flim had found a minister and was about to marry Starflower.

"Won't be long now, my sweet!  Soon you'll become, Mrs. Flim!"

"I can hardly wait," the lovestruck unicorn mare said as the pair got into position for the ceremony.

"Confound it, you overhyped hippie!  LAUNCH THE ROCKET NOW!"

"There we are, off we go then," Mojo said, lighting the fuse as he motioned for all to take cover.  The rocket launched, and struck true to it's target, exploding in the center of the pink cloud.  Slowly, the pink cloud began to turn white and dropped white rain down upon those below.

"Well... I dun' know Derpy. yer the only one who can go near it cause o' the ol' sniffer obstruction."

Oh that's right. Her stuffy nose must be preventing her from being affected! As Pressy further explained the magic, Derpy felt a little like, well a derp. She placed a hoof on her forehead. "Duh! That sorta slipped my mind."

Razor didn't seem too happy as he was putting the pieces together. Once he went over the facts, he ended his sentence with a "Please....please tell me...this isn't true."

Derpy shrugged. "I could tell you it wasn't true, but then I'd be lying. Look on the bright side though. At least you don't remember any of it!" Her eyes scanned the rest of the group as she gave a questioning grin. "That would be considered a bright side... right?"

"Er - don't suppose one of you guys can conjure up a…"

When Inkbrand raised his hoof, Derpy looked a bit baffled for a moment until she connected the dots. Oooh he wanted someone to make a raincloud! She originally though he was asking for a rainbow or a tornado. Maybe a rainbownado? Either way, a shower made a lot more sense in context. She puffed out her chest and gave a salute. "Fear not, my sticky friends. Derpy is on the case!" She leaped into the sky fast enough to give herself brief disorientation. "Whooo, head rush." After shaking it off, she gathered up a few clouds right above the two and jumped on their springy surface, knocking the water loose right atop Inkbrand and Razor's heads. "Weather expert Derpy at your service! You'll be potion free or twice your filthiness back! I learned a thing or two about cloud manipulation during my time in schoo- Lightning shot out and blackened the edges of her hair and wings. She coughed as stray sparks of electricity zapped around her. "This cloud sure is a feisty one." She gave a half heated laugh. "I can never keep from getting electrocuted."

She landed back on the ground with a triumphed grin. "And there you go! All nice and clean and love potion free! No need to thank me. Just seeing your soaking wet faces is thanks enough."

• 2 weeks later...

4NJZodH.jpg

"Smoochplosion," the tattoo-clad stallion said slowly, as if mulling over the word would suddenly make the situation all the more clear. He hardly registered the Pegasus hopping out of his slackened grip, golden eyes darting suspiciously between the three other beings around him. "Love-filled doom clouds. Crazy in love? The buck?" Somepony had released pink clouds filled with some sort of, toxic magical concoction that had made him, and the griffon judging by his similar confusion, fall crazy in love with other ponies?

"Okay...let me see if I'm putting things together right."  He said, "This...perfume....isn't perfume but some sort of fancy pony magic thing?"

"Then....after we smelled it, it did something to us to make us....like kiss somepony or something?" Razor asked, trying to hide his rising blush, "Please....please tell me...this isn't true."

When Inkbrand raised his hoof, Derpy looked a bit baffled for a moment until she connected the dots. Oooh he wanted someone to make a raincloud! She originally though he was asking for a rainbow or a tornado. Maybe a rainbownado? Either way, a shower made a lot more sense in context. She puffed out her chest and gave a salute. "Fear not, my sticky friends. Derpy is on the case!" She leaped into the sky fast enough to give herself brief disorientation. "Whooo, head rush." After shaking it off, she gathered up a few clouds right above the two and jumped on their springy surface, knocking the water loose right atop Inkbrand and Razor's heads. "Weather expert Derpy at your service! You'll be potion free or twice your filthiness back! I learned a thing or two about cloud manipulation during my time in schoo- Lightning shot out and blackened the edges of her hair and wings. She coughed as stray sparks of electricity zapped around her. "This cloud sure is a feisty one." She gave a half heated laugh. "I can never keep from getting electrocuted."

She landed back on the ground with a triumphed grin. "And there you go! All nice and clean and love potion free! No need to thank me. Just seeing your soaking wet faces is thanks enough."

The painter nodded in reply to the stallion and the griffin, "Mhm... Derpy tells me that I went after you, Razor. I'm not sure what happened with Inkbrand but when I came out of it you were going after derpy." The mare chuckled proudly to herself, "And with a bit of showmareship on Derpy and I's part. We were able to convince you and Razor to assist with cleaning up the mess... well at least Razor who blew away the clouds and then tried to knock you out with a club behind your back." Presteza paused a second before taking a step or two backwards as she saw Derpy's clouds forming above. 

It took a moment for the mare to keep herself from laughing as the water fell down and soaked the two former suitors. Her smile faded once she witness her friend getting zapped, some of the wall eyed pegasus' features now ever-so-slightly charred. Once her friend landed again she gave her a hug and smiled, "Ya alright, Derpy? yer lookin' a bit crispy."

Frdnlm6.png

Inkbrand thought that maybe Razor's blushing face was his cue to tease the griffon some more, like ask if he'd never been kissed by a mare or loudly wonder whether or not the griffon was interested in continuing the supposed courtship. As it was, general confusion and mayhem were still clouding his thoughts, so much so that he might not have noticed Derpy's sudden departure if not for a loud clap of thunder almost directly above his head. Inkbrand was fairly proud that he managed to swallow back down a startled yelp, even if he did leap a few inches off the ground.

Though that feeling of surprise was soon replaced by a much better feeling.

Clean.

"Soaking wet faces huh," Inkbrand proclaimed with glee, the feeling of the sticky perfume slowly easing off his body sending him into the best mood since he'd shown up at this rot-eating show. "Well lemme give 'ya an eyeful then, baby doll!" And that was all the warning he gave before Inkbrand lunged forward, sweeping up Dery, Presteza, and Razor in one giant bear hug, momentum causing the large cluster of bodies to swing 'round a few times. Inkbrand could honestly care less that he was probably acting ridiculous - but being dirty and standing in the rain brought back so many foalhood memories that he couldn't help himself, laughing wildly and without abandon over the simple joy.

Momentum couldn't do much against three other bodies for long however, and the grey stallion didn't bother releasing his hold on the three others, still chortling and enjoying the fact that he wasn't under a bucking unicorn spell any longer - buck unicorn magic anyways - when a sudden whistling sound caught his attention. The source quickly became apparent as a trail of light shot through the sky, looking almost like a firework. "Uh - am I the only one seeing that?" the tattoo-clad stallion questioned from where his face was mushed up against Derpy's, eyeing the trail of light as it streaked straight towards a -

- When had that pink cloud worked its way back over them?

Inkbrand could only stare, stone still, as the firework made direct impact with the cloud, mentally bracing himself for another rainfall of pink. But when he found it in himself to open his eyes, white rain greeted him instead, falling on all four of them. The grey Earth Pony gaped rather unattractively for a long moment, tense as he wondered which pony he would attempt to grab and kiss and probably kidnap now - but the hazy feeling from earlier didn't return, only a gentle sort of tingle.

Well, then.

"Er - " Inkbrand said eloquently, apprehension giving way to slight sarcasm and general 'thank-bucking-goodness', "pink rain bad, white rain good?" Whatever the white rain was, at least it wasn't causing them all to frolic through the grass with clasped hooves.

kafyBGS.jpg

Razor groaned, rubbing his head as he felt a headache coming on. The sheer embarrassment he felt, he felt his face heat up.

He looked at Presteza, and felt his face get hotter, and gulped, W-w-well, you didn't have....a-a-any control of yourself....heh ehehehehe." He said, laughing a bit uneasily.

Before he could say any more though, Razor saw that the blonde Pegasus mare had brought a raincloud.

"Ahhh....ponyfeathers." He said before the rain started.  When it was done, Razor shook himself to get dry, he even preened his wings some to help get them dry first.

"I hate getting wet." He said once.

Still....he could see the reason for it.

"Uh...thanks though."He said to Derpy, before returning to preening his wings some more. Wet feathers were always a pain to deal with.

Of course that didn't last long before Razor found himself scooped up into a hug.

"Aggh! Pinkie no!" He yelped instinctively, before realizing that this was a hug not being given by the powerful and dangerous Pinkie Pie.

Of course, now he found himself in very close proximity to two mares. And this time his mind not clouded by the potion.

"Tooclosetooclosetooclosetooclosetooclose." He began saying quickly as he struggled to get free. But his struggling stopped when Ink pointed out....a white cloud?

Razor looked up and watched as the pink cloud he had sent, was now coming back....and...turning white from a rocket? And...it was hovering over them now.

"Oooh. Come one." He said, as white colored rain now began falling on him.

Razor gave a low feline growl as he was once again, wet. He fidgeted some more, before finally slipping out of Ink's grip. He then looked around till he found the origin place of the rocket. It was from a group of ponies that must have also gotten perfumed.

And....in the group was a pony that Razor remembered. Remembered, and now really....really......realllllly didn't like. One of the two con artists that tried to sell this love making perfume.

"Them." Razor growled low, looking around till saw a small piece of wood that would make a perfect club. He reached down and picked it up, giving it a few test swings here and there.

Razor then began to smile. A very creepy, and evil looking smile as he eyed one of the Flim Flam brothers. He began to chuckle lowly, "Ehehehahahahahah. Ahahahahahahah."

Zecora watched as the rocket sailed towards the cloud, hoping that everything would succeed. To her delight it detonated in the cloud right on cue, converting the pink love inducing rain into a white rain that was harmless to those unaffected by the love potion and cured those who were affected. 

"Well I'm glad that things have now gone our way. I expect that the worst of over for today!" 

Zecora barely finished and was about to remind the Flim Flam brothers about not to meddle in potion making when she heard a low growl. It wasn't a timber wolf of manticore that decided to leave the forest but a very angry and soaked griffon who was swinging a piece of wood and laughing. The zebra could eaily guess who the receiving end of the piece of wood would be.

"Please sir, I know you're angry indeed. But a little peace from this chaos is what we need!"

Flam and Mojo cheered as the hoofmade firecracker rocket exploded in the mysterious cloud, turning it's color and now causing it to rain down a curing rain. 

"Right on the mark, chums!" the Paint Earth stallion neighed.  "I'll have ta thank the red filly who make it!"

"Good shooting, Mojo!  Glad this whole this is over!" Flam added before he turned to see an angry Razor ready to clobber him.  "Oh, maybe, not.."

At that moment, Zecora stepped in to take up for the unicorn stallion.  Flam could sense her sincerity, and breathed a sigh of relief. 

"Thank you for defending me, Zecora," Flam said, bowing his head sadly, "though my brother and I hardly deserve mercy.  Everyone has a right to be upset after what we've done."

Meanwhile, just as the wedding veil wearing Starflower was about to say 'I do' to the suit wearing Flim, the curing rain fell upon them.  After a moment, the two regained their senses.  When Starflower figured out what was going on, the periwinkle unicorn mare was furious.

"SO!  YOU PLANNED TO MARRY ME UNDER FALSE PRETENSES, YOU HORN HEADED CON ARTIST???" Starflower roared. 

"Now now, dear lady," Flim nervously muttered, "I must point out that YOU were a willing participant in all this.."

"I'll give YOU a willing participant!" the angry unicorn mare screamed, levitating a broken fencepost into the air towards the stunned unicorn stallion.  "TAKE THAT, YOU FEIND!"

Starflower's magic began to make the floating fencepost beat upon the frightened Flam repeatedly.  As Flam galloped around, pleading with his attacker to stop, Starflower followed him.

"But honey bunch, is THIS any way to treat your fiancée?"

"HOW DARE YOU CALL ME BY THAT NAME!"

"All this beating is starting to hurt me!"

"GOOD!" Starflower yelled, continuing the chase all around the area, the two running past Razor, Derpy Hooves, Presteza and all the others.

"Blimey!  Didn't know ol' Starflower could trot so fast!" Mojo laughed before turning towards Zecora again, "Y'know Stripes, we make a great team!  Wanna go out fer dinner?"

"Oh, Zecora?" Flam asked, "any way you could stop that crazy purple mare from attacking my brother?"

Derpy grinned as she was hugged by Presteza. "Ya alright, Derpy? yer lookin' a bit crispy."

"Heheh, crispy. When you say it like that it makes me sound delicious."

The Pressy hug was soon overlapped by an Inkbrand hug as the stallion swept everyone up in a giant embrace. Derpy made no attempt to break free and simply joined in the laughter. Normal Inkbrand was proving much better than love potion Inkbrand already! She always envied earth pony strength. The ability to hug three friends at once and spin em around was a useful skill indeed! But just as things were looking better, Derpy noticed Inkbrand had stopped laughing and was gazing into the sky.

"Uh - am I the only one seeing that?"

"What?" Derpy followed the direction of his eyes to see a firecracker going off inside of the pink cloud from earlier. It faded from pink to white. Even the rain turned white. By the time she realized the downpour was fast approaching them it was too late. She flinched, hoping her stuffy nose would save her from falling under the spell again. She analyzed her symptoms for a few moments and... felt pretty much normal actually. But what about the others? Derpy glanced at everyone else with a concerned expression. If they started chasing each other around again so help her, she's gonna... well, kick the cloud to Timbucktu and give them another shower. But she'd be really annoyed about it in the process.

"pink rain bad, white rain good?"

That sounded pleasantly sane. Derpy breathed a sigh of relief as no one else seemed to be affected. She then raised an eyebrow as she inspected the white rain. "What is that, milk?" She held out her tongue until the water drops landed in her mouth. It tasted... soapy. Ick. She spat a few times and brushed her tongue. "Bleh. Definitely not milk."

"Them."

Huh? She turned her attention to Razor. The sheer anger in his voice had her a bit concerned. Seeing him pick up a piece of wood and cackle like a mad griffon had her really concerned. He headed in the direction of Flim. Or was that Flam? She couldn't really tell them apart. Either way, Razor was about to beat somepony with a piece of wood for nearly bringing about the lovepocalyspe!

"Wait!" Derpy said before pulling away from Inkbrand. She galloped over to Razor and wrapped her arms around his waste to hold him back. "Don't do it, Razor! It's not worth it I tell you!

Derpy paused as she watched a purple mare beating the beans out of one of the brothers. Not sure which one. Yikes. They were really getting their just desserts with a cherry on top, weren't they? But that didn't mean Derpy was gonna let Razor get himself in trouble. There was no way in tartar sauce she was letting go of this grumpy little griffon until he calmed the friggle fraggle down!

• 2 weeks later...

Frdnlm6.png

So it looked like he was right after all.

At least, he assumed he was right, seeing how he wasn't attempting to attach himself limpet-like back onto the grey Pegasus.

Inkbrand couldn't help letting out a small sigh of relief as he released his hold on the other ponies and griffon in his grasp, faintly pleased that he wasn't about to be put under another spell. Buck, just the thought had his figurative hackles rising. Trust a duo of unicorn brothers using unicorn magic to get him acting like a little filly just out of school. The thought was almost sickening! And probably illegal in some towns, Ponyville apparently not being one of them.

Still, the whole ordeal was over, freeing Inkbrand to raise one bemused eyebrow at Derpy Hooves. "Baby doll, I'd take chocolate milk falling from pink clouds at this point," he stated blandly, not even a little bit sarcastic.

Which is when a suit-wearing unicorn went flying past him, followed closely by a veil-wearing unicorn wielding a piece of what looked like fence.

Inkbrand was fairly proud that his only, external, reaction was to blink once. Very, very slowly. The deadpanned expression on his face didn't change in the slightest as Derpy suddenly skittered away, apparently to stop one very agitated Razor who seemed Tartarus-bent on delivering the same stick-wielding punishment towards one of the unicorn brothers. The tattoo-clad stallion observed all this with the clinical detachment of a doctor, gaze rather mild as unicorns and griffons and Pegasi ran amok around him, and came to a sudden and clarifying revelation.

"I need a drink. Bucking Tartarus."

Mind effectively shut down from the absurdity that was, and apparently would always be Ponyville, the grey stallion shifted, turned without another word to anypony else, and simply trot away from the entire scene.

If he never fell in love again, he could bucking live with that.

[[ Exit ]]
kafyBGS.jpg

axlD5pC.jpg

Presteza chuckled a bit as she witnessed the stallion being cleaned off and then was swept up into a powerful hug, with the pony who initiated said hug laughing wildly. Once inkbrand pointed out the cloud having returned, the mare's face fell as she braced herself for what she was sure was going to be a re-ignition of that love based battle between Razor and the tattooed stallion, Inkbrand. She closed her eyes like she was bracing herself for a smack in the face... but then opened them when the Stallion finally spoke up again. Thankfully it seemed this rain was cleansed of it's love-creating effects... and according to Derpy what ever was used to cleanse it still left a soapy aftertaste.

Seemed like things were going to go okay, eventually she was set down and she galloped over to her congested friend, who was currently in a rather angry mood. She poked derpy, "I think Zecora, Flim, flam and Mojo with his posse can take care o' razor... besides I know a good way to divert his attention. The mare leaned into the side of the griffin's head and whispered something to him. Only razor was able to hear what she said but it was something along the the lines of ,"Y'know li'l guy that club looks way too big for a tiny griffin such as yourself." Hoping that would grind the griffin's gears well enough she took derpy's hoof and galloped off with her hopefully in tow, "You know what else is good for a stuffy nose... well it's not cardio but i think it might help! Once we lose Razor I'll help ya with that remedy!"

-Exit pressy (hopefully with Derpy)-

Zecora watched as the rocket sailed towards the cloud, hoping that everything would succeed. To her delight it detonated in the cloud right on cue, converting the pink love inducing rain into a white rain that was harmless to those unaffected by the love potion and cured those who were affected. 

"Well I'm glad that things have now gone our way. I expect that the worst of over for today!" 

Zecora barely finished and was about to remind the Flim Flam brothers about not to meddle in potion making when she heard a low growl. It wasn't a timber wolf of manticore that decided to leave the forest but a very angry and soaked griffon who was swinging a piece of wood and laughing. The zebra could eaily guess who the receiving end of the piece of wood would be.

"Please sir, I know you're angry indeed. But a little peace from this chaos is what we need!"

Razor snarled, his eyes blazing in fire as he neared the two ponies that dared to mess with his head. Nopony messed with his head! Especially when it made him.....him....him....he faceclawed, his face heating up in embarrassment. He had made such a fool of himself!

Razor stopped a moment and blinked in surprise as a Zebra appeared, trying to stop him. Razor leaned back a bit at the mare's presence, and the fact that she was a zebra was a surprise to him. He had never seen their kind before.

"I...that...l-look you. Angry doesn't even begin to-Waaggghh!" Razor started, before being tackled to the ground. Soft, yet strong hooves wrapping around him.

"Wait!" Derpy said before pulling away from Inkbrand. She galloped over to Razor and wrapped her arms around his waste to hold him back. "Don't do it, Razor! It's not worth it I tell you!

Derpy paused as she watched a purple mare beating the beans out of one of the brothers. Not sure which one. Yikes. They were really getting their just desserts with a cherry on top, weren't they? But that didn't mean Derpy was gonna let Razor get himself in trouble. There was no way in tartar sauce she was letting go of this grumpy little griffon until he calmed the friggle fraggle down!

Razor's head snapped behind him as he saw that it was the mare from before clinging to him as if life demanded it. Razor felt himself panic, and he let go of his club and tried to pry the mare off him. He dragged himself across the ground, struggling to only move a few inches. Despite his small stature, he still had some strength to him as he was a griffon, but even he couldn't pry or get away from the Pegasus pony, and he started thrashing to get away.

"Letgoletgoletgoletgo!" He said, begging as he thrashed some more.

HIs mind was a mixture of rage, indignation, fear and plain old freaking out now. Why couldn't things be simple for him?

"I...just...one....beating....doesn't hurt anyone. Let go now!" Razor growled, more trying to just get the mare off him so he could get distance. He wanted distance like a starving pony wanted food. He could feel his face overheating at being in such close proximity now to a mare.

axlD5pC.jpg

The mare leaned into the side of the griffin's head and whispered something to him. Only razor was able to hear what she said but it was something along the the lines of ,"Y'know li'l guy that club looks way too big for a tiny griffin such as yourself." Hoping that would grind the griffin's gears well enough she took derpy's hoof and galloped off with her hopefully in tow, "You know what else is good for a stuffy nose... well it's not cardio but i think it might help! Once we lose Razor I'll help ya with that remedy!"

-Exit pressy (hopefully with Derpy)-

Razor blinked as Presteza whispered those words to him and he snapped at her with his beak to bite her as he snarled in anger at the hated words of being called small and weak! Sadly he missed and he roared as he grabbed up his club.

"I'm not small!!!!!!!!" He roared, so loud it could be heard for miles and it carried a great deal of rage in his shout of defiance. His mind began hearing old forgotten laughs, and he struggled further, with more savagery to get free and show all these ponies that he was not weak.

He thrashed, his cat legs kicking and clawing as he began swinging the club wildly, not caring who it struck as he dragged himself with purpose towards the Flim Flam Brothers, even if he had to drag Derpy with him.

Razor was in such a fit, that he was acting now more like a wild and caged animal then a rational being. Like a loose berserker ready for a fight.

((OOC: Poor Razor. He's slowly going insane.))

Before Zecora could handle the griffon who was angry he was tackled by Derpy who tried to talk the griffon down. 

As one by one the ponies or griffons were cured by the healing rain the crowd started to disperse and the chaos subside. The zebra relaxed, happy to see that things were going back to normal. Then she saw a purple mare who was at first affected by the Flim Flam brothers' potion starting to wail upon one of them. 

"Oh, Zecora?" Flam asked, "any way you could stop that crazy purple mare from attacking my brother?"

"Every action has a reaction," Zecora said plainly, "especially with your and you's brother's attempts at attraction. You tried to achieve success but all you created was a mess. Perhaps with this angry mare you and your brother will be more aware that ponies do not take kindly to those who strive to lie and cheat and meddle in their lives."

Zecora wasn't a zebra to condone violence but having heard of the other escapades of the two unicorns and this new misfortune, perhaps seeing the impact their scheme had on this angry mare they would learn far more that she could teach them. Before she could make her way back to the peace of her hut, a pony approached her. Maybe even the angry griffon could also teach them a lesson. 

"Y'know Stripes, we make a great team!  Wanna go out fer dinner?"

Zecora cringed at being called Stripes but she could see the pony was calling her that in a friendly tone. 

"My name sir is Zecora, and yes I do have stripes just like any other zebra. If you wish to go out to dinner with me I ask that you please prove one thing to me. Stand for a few minutes under that cloud of white rain and then come back to me again." 

While the Zebra wasn't opposed to the idea of dating, she wanted to be sure that this wasn't just another lovesick pony due to the potion fiasco. 

Flam listened to the words Zecora spoke and lowered his head in sadness.

"You are right, Miss Zecora, I am grateful for both your wisdom and your help in fixing this mess.  Thank you, Miss Zecora, thank you." Flam said as his unicorn stallion brother bolted behind him.

"SAVE ME, FLAM!  SAVE ME FROM THAT CRAZY MARE!" Film neighed seconds before Starflower reached their position.  Exhausted, the periwinkle unicorn mare collapsed to the ground, the fence post she was levitating dropped into the grass.

"Looks like you got lucky, Film," Flam giggled.  When Mojo heard Zecora's instructions, he eagerly leaped for joy.

"YEAH BABY!  Anythin' ya say, Zecora!" the Paint Earth stallion shouted as he rushed under the nearest white raincloud and stood under it.  "No need ta worry, love.  I never put on that square perfume or let any of that funky pink rain hit me.  All I am askin' for is the honor of takin' ya out ta dinner, Miss Zecora.  No offense, miss, but I won't be tryin' ta get married to ya, especially not on a first date.  That'd be like totally uncool."

The tired Nurse Starflower opened her eyes and slowly got back up her four hooves.  Ignoring the Flim-Flam brothers for the moment, she glanced over at Mojo getting soaked by the white rain. 

"Why are you out in the rain, you crazy stallion!" Starflower asked.

"I'm tryin' ta get a date!" Mojo replied with a wide grin.

"You just get stranger and stranger every day," the periwinkle unicorn mare said, shaking her head before turning again towards the straw hat wearing unicorn brothers.  "Two bits of advice for you two weasels!  First, stop making weird perfumes and second, DON'T EVER TRY TO MARRY ME AGAIN!"

As Starflower gave the pair one last mean look, she turned and walked away.

"Let's not wait for any more, dissatisfied customers, dear brother!  Time for us to take our leave!" Flim neighed.

"Perhaps you're right, Flim," Flam said before giving Zecora a glancing smile, "thanks again for all your kindness, Miss Zecora."

The unicorn brothers slowly turned to sneak away as Mojo shouted back to Zecora.

"HAY ZECORA!  HAVE I BEEN IN THIS WHITE RAIN LONG ENOUGH?  NOW CAN I TAKE YA OUT TA EAT?"

(Exit Starflower, Flim and Flam are turning to leave, but are still close enough in case any of the characters want to confront them.  Mojo is still here, waiting for an answer from Zecora)

Archived