Lets Talk about Games!

moonshineTheleocat

Hey everyone just as the title states. Lets talk about games that have just released!

The first one is the new released Elder Scrolls Online! What do yall think of it?

My personal oppinion. I don't think the game is actually worth the trouble of getting. While the beta is nice when they had it open, the game was fun. However, due to the payment model, I think it's a pretty offensive what Zinemax is pulling with this game. The Monthly Payment model usually takes advantage of the fact that players must grind for ages for a low drop rng item. My biggest fear is that the game that I have been waiting for - for a long time will suddenly transform into a money sink.

Final Fantasy 14 is doing this as we speak by forcing it's players to grind 12 incredibly difficult enemies for 12 different low drop items. These twelve items will be required for the next line up of quest they make.

The next bit that makes this so offensive is that you must pay FULL game price first to get the disk or content - which only gives you thirty days to actually play the game. Take heed that the 15 dollars a month is required to continue playing the game.

It could be worth the money though... maybe. It all depends on weather or not they keep providing content on a monthly basis. WoW never did, final fantasy 14 never did. Really the only game I know of where there is always something new to do is Guild Wars 2, and it's a one time payment.

That's the main thing keeping me from getting ESO, in addition to the fact that I heard that the beta was... lackluster, to say the least. On the flip side of the coin, I've heard amazing things about Guild Wars 2; if I jump into another MMO after my computer is ready, it'll probably be GW2.

Yeah, Guild Wars 2 is pretty nice, but the problem I have with all MMORPGs is that I can never seem to commit to a character. I love making them, and I'll usually play them through at least the tutorial, but beyond that it kind of becomes boring. Anyone else have this problem, or is it just me?

Yeah, Guild Wars 2 is pretty nice, but the problem I have with all MMORPGs is that I can never seem to commit to a character. I love making them, and I'll usually play them through at least the tutorial, but beyond that it kind of becomes boring. Anyone else have this problem, or is it just me?

Ah, yes. The syndrome known as Altitus; I know thee well. With me, though, it's less 'boredom' as it is 'so much cool stuff to try'- I constantly make new characters and play them for maybe a week or two to experience what that class can do, then roll up someone new. Usually it subsides once I find a class I REALLY like.

I have no problem with monthly subscriptions, if I like a game, i'll gladly give over money to ensure that they have the best servers and adequate funds to creature future content and keep everything running smoothly.

My main issue with monthly payments is two things.

A. They do not update the game enough for it to be worth the continued payment of the content. This is the MAIN reason. WoW and DC Universe disappointed me with this mess. Yeah sure, you could argue that it is paying for their servers, but that would also mean that other game companies should require you to pay to play on their dedicated servers. Even when the game is not an MMO.

B. The game will feel like a chore, and a grind fest due to how their RNG system is set up. Especially when it comes to NEW items.

C. If you have a life outside of games, the payment is going to waste real quickly when you will barely be able to find the time to CONTINUE paying for the game.

Ah, yes. The syndrome known as Altitus; I know thee well. With me, though, it's less 'boredom' as it is 'so much cool stuff to try'- I constantly make new characters and play them for maybe a week or two to experience what that class can do, then roll up someone new. Usually it subsides once I find a class I REALLY like.

There is a cure! It's called limited character slots, no delete button.

Thoughts on Titan Fall anyone?

To me, the game is fun. I have had the time to play it myself. But it's not worth full price sadly. There is no Single player, and the story is practically nonexisting. Or you just incredibly distracted with the fact that the campaign mode is literally just another multiplayer mode that runs through a series of Attrition (death match) or King of the Hill game modes.

Limited custom ability in multiplayer.

And a few all too similar game modes, with the only one that feels new is "Last Titan Standing". I really wanted to say that EA has not disappointed me for once... I really did. The game looked promising, but it's just a combo of a faster pace call of duty with robots and little cover fire.

the campaign mode is literally just another multiplayer mode that runs through a series of Attrition (death match) or King of the Hill game modes.

Didn't you ever play Unreal Tournament? That was basically the campaign.

Huh. I didn't know it actually had a name. Learn something new every day I suppose. Anyway, I guess for me there's just too much to a character's customibility for me too actually decide how I want a character to be. That, and I just love making awesome looking characters :)

ESO is pay2play. Not within my bank account you drain. Though I've heard friends say it's worth it, but then again, their opinions are biased. Not getting it. Period.

Haven't seen or touched Titanfall. Obnoxiously expensive price prevents me.

I really want to get Dark Souls 2, but it's not in the budget, and I've had Destiny preordered for a while now. Hmmmmmm, maybe I should use my preorder money to get Dark Souls 2. But I wonder, can I even do that?

Unreal Tournament wasn't really hyped up to have a breath taking campaign. And the those who played unreal tournament before the third one knew what to expect. It also did have a "campaign" which was just a multiplayer. But it did not require other players or an internet connection like Titan fall. Which meant you were less likely to get screwed over by a bad team.

Dark Souls 2 is also really good. But they re-balanced everything in the enemy's favor. It now takes longer for you to use a health potion, and do other actions.

Archived