Winter Wrap Up: Weather Team

RainbowFoxxy

"Do not vorry about me, fraulien Rainbow Dash!" the hovering Professor Krashkop neighed. "I may be old, but I can fly vith dee best of'm! Flying in dee sky has never been mein problem, landing after flights, vell, dat is a different story. As a professor of Physics, I vould say dee best place to start dee tornado vould be within vone hundred meters of dee east side of dee storm. If vee hurry, vee can produce enough vingpower force to turn dee storm avay from populated areas! Dat vould be mein recommendation, fraulien Rainbow Dash. You are our leader, I vill follow your directions. If vee are to succeed, vee must act quickly!"

Professor Krashkop continued to hover by Rainbow Dash, waiting for her to make a decision and prepared to fly off with her as soon as she gave out instructions.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I'm glad you're here Cloudchaser! For once I'm ok with saying I need the help!"

Cloudchaser gave an enthusiastic midair salute. "You can count on me, Dashie!" she started, ready to prove her stuff.

She'd had enough of storms getting the better of her. Sure she was a bit of a flake. Sure, she had dropped out of the Wonderbolt Academy. Sure, there were more capable ponies on the team, but she had to keep her confidence. Ponyville was counting on her. She couldn't let anypony down.

"Is there anypony here that can't keep up if we get this thing turning as fast as we need to?"

"You know me, Dashie," Chaser replied readily. "I'm not sure I could ever keep up with you or Dusty over there, but I'm good for my usual twelve and a half wing power, maybe even more if I really push myself hard ," she asserted. She was surprised to see another of her one time classmates from the Wonderbolt Academy right nearby. From what she recalled, the form lead pony to Dashie when they paired up, was dismissed from the Academy on less than amicable terms. With things like this storm going on though, she had to come around and help them, right? This wasn't the time for personal grudges to get the better of anypony. They needed to work together and do their very best to set things right.

Whatever the case, Cloudchaser knew that she was ready.

mXYNypt.jpg

"Awesome! Oh, and it's miss Rainbow Dash," She eyed the goggled pony.

"Ok you guys, we're gonna do what the professor here said! Make a tornado and try to blow this whole storm away from here before it gets any closer to Ponyville!" She glanced at Derpy and Wind Walker as they made their way towards Lightening Dust. "Everypony get ready! We're gonna make a tornado in front of this storm and hopefully turn it around!"

"Was talkin' ta you and him, Miss Dash. Sorry ta offend." said the goggled pony, managing to keep her poker face despite the looks from Dash. Dash's and Krashkop's plan seemed to what everypony was going with. Flying up to Dash's side she waited for what ever signal she was going to give to start. Mistral had plenty of experience making wind so she might actually be a pretty helpful boon to the Tornado plan. Giving an adjustment to her goggles she gave Rainbow Dash a sidelong look(not that she could tell), "Waitin' for your signal."

Sorry for this terrible post... My creativity is drained lately...

2mcczdx.jpg

“Just call me Derpy!” the young mare cried out, trying to get heard over the billowing snows ravaging the Ponyville countryside; “Come on, let’s fly out of this mess first!” Once the two fliers gained enough altitude to clear the clouds and only be pestered by turbulence, the mentor started her lesson; “The thing with today is that thanks to poor weather conditions, it might be little difficult for somepony little like you to gain some hooves-on experience. Let’s see...”

It was only at this point that Miss Hooves realized that she had no semblance of a Winter Wrap Up lesson plan anywhere in her brain. This could potentially prove a grave problem; how else could she be an effective reagent for Wind Walker if she knew not what to teach? Scrambling to think of something on the spot, Derpy spied a large darkened cloud being pushed along by that weird pegasus from before. “Uhhh, look at that,” the young mare pointed out; “See how that cloud looks like it’s ready to pour ice rain at any time? Now, lemme’ show you why it’s a bad idea to burst a cloud like that the normal way.”

But first, Derpy Hooves remembered to be courteous enough to ask permission first from the pegasus pushing the unstable cloud. Not paying attention to the other mare’s hostile ditty, Derpy asked; “Hey uhhh, I’m supposed to be teaching a filly about Winter Wrap Up, and there’s this huge blizzard-of-the-century overtaking the entire town right now which makes it hard to teach a lesson. But I see that you’ve got this really cool cloud here! Could we uhhhh... borrow it please?”

Lightning actually paused for a moment and stared at the wall-eyed mare as if she was insane. Which she had to have been maybe, to approach her in the midst of a good prank like this. She didn't take her hooves out the cloud for her reply.

"Nah. I got big plans for this thing. See ya." With that, her wings flapped harder and she was putting distance between her and the other mare faster than she could blink.

8551964397_4c9dab04fc_o.jpg

"Everypony get ready! We're gonna make a tornado in front of this storm and hopefully turn it around!"

"Aye Aye, captain!" Snickerdoodle shouted against the wind, and started flying in a circular path, to keep up momentum and to prevent her flanks from freezing. She waited for the others to join her before really picking up the pace. Tornadoes required teamwork to build up and maintain, especially one large enough to move a storm of this size. Although she found herself wishing she had brought goggles. The wind and snow were killing her visibility.

mXYNypt.jpg

Looking at the storms Rapidly growing size, Mistral Realized that they couldn't afford to wait for Rainbow's command now. The powerful winds and blasts snow and ice were only getting worse. Something needed to be done and fast, "Miss Dash, I'm just gonna assume yer about to say go." and then the mare took off like she was shot out of a cannon, bringing up apowerful cold gust behind her while she shouted back to the rest of the team,"This Storm's not willin' ta wait fer us, Everypony! We got one plan on the table so let's try it out!" Using all her strength the ivory pegasus circled the massive storm, getting some wind going.

Obviously MIstral by herself was nowhere near enough change the course of the storm, and it was takign all her strength not to just get pulled in! The black maned Pegasus was not going to be able to pull this off alone!

Sorry to have misty go ahead but this event is ending soon and I think the pegasi should try and hurry up with this storm!

The hovering Professor Krashkop nodded in agreement with Mistral.

"Fraulien Mistral is right! Vee must take action now! SNELL!" the elderly Pegasus stallion neighed. "I am vith you! Everypony! Follow me!"

The Professor took off like a shot to join Mistral in working to form the counter-tornado in order to halt the raging snowstorm. Giving it all he had, the green Pegasus stallion flapped his wings with all his might to generate more speed.

Archived