What is the worst Roleplay you ever had?

Sky

Now, I've had some serious stinkers. Either my characters were almost r*ped, murdered, tortured, or put through horribly written, about ninety percent of the time. We've all had them, those RPs where you just sit and stare, and just say... Why am I putting myself through this?

But honestly, out of those, the one liners, and the bad stories... It'd have to be an RP in which I had a crossover with the Shivering Isles campaign from Oblivion. For those who don't know, it's an intriguing concept (Although I never played the game, myself) and I was excited to try it in a written form. It started off great, a little shaky, but enjoyable. Then we got into the story. He dragged my characters along, through what I assume was the first few quests of the game, with little actual meat, just forcing them to do things that I didn't want them to do. At one point, I attempted to not enter a house my characters were being forced into, and tried to have Sky fly away. He literally stopped the roleplay, and said I was ruining his fun.

Yeah, that is the worst kind of RP. When people don't get that it's a frigging RP.There are meant to be twists and turns and things, to keep it fun and interesting. I want Dungeons and Dragons, not Super Mario.

Anyway. How about you guys?

I was in a Pathfinder campaign that put open world to the test. Apparently there were tons of cool and interesting things to do but it was our fault for not finding the. At the same time the DM felt the need to take control of the NPC cleric we hired to be a heal bot and make sure he told us exactly what we should do when we did have a quest and make sure he suddenly had the skills to accomplish what we needed to do. He also didn't heal us very often.

I never really had a worst RP. The only thing that i would say is bad are threads that I start that never get a single reply. Most of the threads I make are good, but there are some that for whatever reason just don't get started. I'm not blaming anyone about this, just saying that these are my worst.

Ive been in a couple roleplays (not on here) that seemed to follow this sequence of events.

Stage 1: "Oh this roleplay is great! This story is getting interesting!"

Stage 2: "Um...okay. I guess I'll go along with it. Im sure it wont go farther, especially with my next reply."

Stage 3: "What the...?! No! No! No! Im putting a stop to this before this gets weirder."

Stage 4: *Drops the rp entirely* "No way. This person clearly wants cybering and I dont go that way. Im out."

Some people feel cybering is always necessary in whatever rp you're in. There's a time and place for everything, and I dont do that. D:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so I have been in a lot of roleplays that were not on here. Some of them were My Little Pony and others based of of life.

Heres something that happend in a live roleplay I was in (not on here) based off life.

1. So this guy on a live roleplay was 'in love with me' in the roleplay so this is what I remeber him putting : What his name kisses whats her name. (don't remeber the names) as whats his name kisses whats her name, he slides his hand down his back near her bootay.

I was like da fudge?! And I just left and didn't even respond. Some people just like stuff like that. : |

Heres something that happend in a My Little Pony RP.

Some random person who just joined was like,'whats his/her (once again, I do not know the names) kills (my name) and steels everything from her including her garments. Once again, I was like this, Da fugde?!?!

Sorry if this was really lond :-/

I think the worst one I might've had was some rp on another forum. I tried to combine the action with horror set in a futuristic environment, and it just dropped out within a few days.

A long and life draining ERP. (Search it up, I'll get banned if I describe it)

They were so horrible, I was leading and they had no idea about EVERYTHING.

I've never had a really bad roleplay, but I have had many people either ask me a question, or roleplay with me for a few minutes, before disconnecting from me for no reason on this one website.

I don't appreciate it because, it's like, why disconnect? We were having a good roleplay??

WHAT IS THIS SORCERY???

I have had very good RP's, i run alot but my worst would easily be the ones that just never started. I put on a RP, people app. When i start it, they dont show. I send a PM to let them know, they dont show. That is my worst kind but there is no specific one

I have had very good RP's, i run alot but my worst would easily be the ones that just never started. I put on a RP, people app. When i start it, they dont show. I send a PM to let them know, they dont show. That is my worst kind but there is no specific one

Exactly right!

• 2 months later...

<p>A couple of examples of stinkers:

• Being informed on a comics-based X-Men board that I can't play Wolfsbane because the board is going canon-only (the stupid a**-hat noticed afterwards that the activity on the group dropped by 95%).
  • Being informed on another X-Men group that Wolfsbane didn't get all the handy stuff which comes from turning into a wolf (enhanced physical abilities, enhanced sense of smell, big sharp pointy teeth and claws) because characters were only allowed one power and changing into a wolf was the power. I did point out that Wolverine and Jean Grey seemed to be being played with more than one power. I was informed that it was counted as 'bestial powers' and 'psychic powers', I pointed out that he was using the term powers, I got banned.
  • I went on a Lord of The Rings board with a 300-word minimum post limit. I managed to flog a post with Aragorn out to 300 words, the reply was (in full), 'Aragorn nodded. "Agreed". I pointed out that there was a minimum word-count. I was informed that it didn't apply to admins.

Archived