Star "Hoss" Skybright

Boss_Hoss1

Name: Star "Hoss" Skybright

Sex: Male

Species: Pegasus

Pelt Color: Bright Bay, buckskin markings

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Black mane/tail with a small ponytail on his stylish mane, bound by a blue ring.

Black socks, eartips, and muzzle end. Also several black bands running the length of his wings.

Eye Color: Royal blue

Cutie Mark: Silver oval framing a silver 4-point star on a royal blue field.

Physique: Trim, athletic type, similar to Soarin of the wonderbolts.

Origin: Cloudsdale

Roleplay Type: FiM/Show "Mane" Equestria Universe

Occupation: Main day occupation is Weather Patrol, While studying Astronomy at night.

Motivation: Investigating the wonders of the world, particularly the sky.

Likes: Flying, making friends, parties, cupcakes, the beautiful night sky, adventures

Dislikes: bullies, cold days, getting in trouble with his sister.

Character Summary: This flashy stallion was born in Cloudsdale as one of a set of twins to Thunderstar of the Weather Patrol, and the lovely mare, Starbright, one of the Astronomers of the Cloudsdale Observatory.

After some thought, the twins were each given a two-part name to remind them that while they were so alike, they were still unique. As it was, the parents were not really surprised when the twins received virtually the same cutie mark the night they were allowed to stay up and watch a meteor shower during a family trip to the distant land where the zebras live.

During the flight, their parents had taught them celestial navigation and to always use the North Star and they would never be lost. Apparently the lessons took since they each have what seems to be a representation of that star for their cutie mark.

The twins love of the night sky has been deeply instilled by the work of their mother, who among her other observations faithfully tracked the movement of four stars mentioned in older texts. Even if no one else seemed to care before the event, she had ordered her family grounded at the time of the alignment and "the day of the long night" as she called it, keeping them safe when Nightmare Moon escaped.

Like certain other ponies, the twins had their share of problems with bullies and jerks in flight school, but teamwork with each other and a larger circle of friends saw them through the rough spots in flight training.

Even so, his adventurous spirit still gets him into trouble his sister would rather avoid...

Their entry into the Weather Patrol was expected of them by their father, but they enjoy it as their father personally taught them the ins and outs of taming the weather and riding the stormfront winds at greater speed to warn the teams of storms too big for them to handle alone.

Now, after their 18th birthday, both he and his sister are starting out as trainee astronomers. As such, they are tasked with doing much of the field work for some of the fully accredited Astronomers in Cloudsdale and Canterlot, particularly their mother now that she's starting to slow down.

When not in the field, they handle some of the workload in calculating the data in predicting when important celestial events will occur and where the best viewpoint will be. They sometimes end up in the wrong place, but that is taken as being important data as well since the object is not behaving as expected.

In their fieldwork, they will be travelling from place to place to get the best view of celestial events, steadily broadening their range of locations to observe from. This range currently stretches from Cloudsdale, Fillydelphia, Canterlot, and over to Rockwington. They even observed a comet from Appleoosa, trying out a new camera system on it.

(If seen in passing by other players in the afternoon or evening, one or both twins may be towing a 10' long collapsible telescope made in Cloudsdale, in it's 4' long travel case on a small pegasus cart.)

Along with all this, unless they get clearance for a long trip, they are also expected to perform their duties in the Weather Patrol in the daytime.

*secret* One thing he had never told anypony was that one of the things that had fascinated him the most about the night sky as a foal was the shape of the Mare in the Moon. Now that she is actually on Equestria in the flesh, he's afraid others would laugh at his foalhood dreams of meeting the mare, or worse, she would...

(Now expanded a bit more. I hope the formatting works this time. Is the travel telescope ok? I see in the show that Cloudsdale has an observatory with a huge telescope, which is what gave me the idea for astronomers in the first place. :D

I also added the secret dream in case spending the happiest time of his life watching the skies with his mother isn’t sufficient motivation. :D )

((Thanks to AppleNitrox for a corrected image link))

centerhttp://canterlot.com/gallery/image.php?mode=medium&album_id=75&image_id=356

I like this, Boss!

Excellent credentials, and Weather Patrol IS a vital part of the MLP FiM universe!

If I may suggest, you might want to be a little more detailed in your Character Summary. I like what you've written, but think the mods will want you to 'flesh it out' some more with his backstory.

Otherwise, this is fantastic!

:D:D:D

Looks like you've got some good framework, but it could use some fleshing out. Perhaps you'll want to add the WIP tag until you're done?

How did he get his cutie mark? What does it represent? What is it about astronomy and the weather that inspires him? What does being a trainee astronomer entail? What kind of places has he traveled to. etc.

Looks like you've got some good framework, but it could use some fleshing out. Perhaps you'll want to add the WIP tag until you're done?

How did he get his cutie mark? What does it represent? What is it about astronomy and the weather that inspires him? What does being a trainee astronomer entail? What kind of places has he traveled to. etc.

Heh, well I thought I was done... :oops: Since they are starting out they cant have gone too many exotic locations just yet except with their parents when the mother went to observe events. Does the land of the zebras have a name just yet?

Heh, well I thought I was done... :oops: Since they are starting out they cant have gone too many exotic locations just yet except with their parents when the mother went to observe events. Does the land of the zebras have a name just yet?

No, we don't yet.

Also, could you please fix the text in your application? It looks a bit choppy, like the enter key was hit at the wrong moments. Also, please try to answer the questions Thunder Boomer suggested.

I shuld be adding the character pic sometime tonight, but I started to wonder something. I was holding off on posting the sister's char sheet in applications until I could get the bugs ironed out in the brother's sheet and make her app process quicker, but should I go ahead and post her anyway? Her sheet has been updated alongside his sheet at every step.

I shuld be adding the character pic sometime tonight, but I started to wonder something. I was holding off on posting the sister's char sheet in applications until I could get the bugs ironed out in the brother's sheet and make her app process quicker, but should I go ahead and post her anyway? Her sheet has been updated alongside his sheet at every step.

Not until this guy is finished. We have a rule that everypony should only have one [Final] and on [WIP] in the applications section, to keep things from getting too crowded. :D Since this application is still [WIP], you should refrain from posting another unfinished app.

(( I hope this works THIS time, Stupid MS Word...))

Name: Star "Hoss" Skybright

Sex: Male

Species: Pegasus

Pelt Color: Bright Bay, buckskin markings

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Black mane/tail with a small ponytail on his stylish mane, bound by a blue ring.

Black socks, eartips, and muzzle end. Also several black bands running the length of his wings.

Eye Color: Royal blue

Cutie Mark: Silver oval framing a silver 4-point star on a royal blue field.

Physique: Trim, athletic type, similar to Soarin of the wonderbolts.

Origin: Cloudsdale

Roleplay Type: FiM/Show "Mane" Equestria Universe

Occupation: Main day occupation is Weather Patrol, While studying Astronomy at night.

Motivation: Investigating the wonders of the world, particularly the sky.

Likes: Flying, making friends, parties, cupcakes, the beautiful night sky, adventures

Dislikes: bullies, cold days, getting in trouble with his sister.

Character Summary: This flashy stallion was born in Cloudsdale as one of a set of twins to Thunderstar of the Weather Patrol, and the lovely mare, Starbright, one of the Astronomers of the Cloudsdale Observatory.

After some thought, the twins were each given a two-part name to remind them that while they were so alike, they were still unique. As it was, the parents were not really surprised when the twins received virtually the same cutie mark the night they were allowed to stay up and watch a meteor shower during a family trip to the distant land where the zebras live.

During the flight, their parents had taught them celestial navigation and to always use the North Star and they would never be lost. Apparently the lessons took since they each have what seems to be a representation of that star for their cutie mark.

The twins love of the night sky has been deeply instilled by the work of their mother, who among her other observations faithfully tracked the movement of four stars mentioned in older texts. Even if no one else seemed to care before the event, she had ordered her family grounded at the time of the alignment and "the day of the long night" as she called it, keeping them safe when Nightmare Moon escaped.

Like certain other ponies, the twins had their share of problems with bullies and jerks in flight school, but teamwork with each other and a larger circle of friends saw them through the rough spots in flight training.

Even so, his adventurous spirit still gets him into trouble his sister would rather avoid...

Their entry into the Weather Patrol was expected of them by their father, but they enjoy it as their father personally taught them the ins and outs of taming the weather and riding the stormfront winds at greater speed to warn the teams of storms too big for them to handle alone.

Now, after their 18th birthday, both he and his sister are starting out as trainee astronomers. As such, they are tasked with doing much of the field work for some of the fully accredited Astronomers in Cloudsdale and Canterlot, particularly their mother now that she's starting to slow down.

When not in the field, they handle some of the workload in calculating the data in predicting when important celestial events will occur and where the best viewpoint will be. They sometimes end up in the wrong place, but that is taken as being important data as well since the object is not behaving as expected.

In their fieldwork, they will be travelling from place to place to get the best view of celestial events, steadily broadening their range of locations to observe from. This range currently stretches from Cloudsdale, Fillydelphia, Canterlot, and over to Rockwington. They even observed a comet from Appleoosa, trying out a new camera system on it.

(If seen in passing by other players in the afternoon or evening, one or both twins may be towing a 10' long collapsible telescope made in Cloudsdale, in it's 4' long travel case on a small pegasus cart.)

Along with all this, unless they get clearance for a long trip, they are also expected to perform their duties in the Weather Patrol in the daytime.

*secret* One thing he had never told anypony was that one of the things that had fascinated him the most about the night sky as a foal was the shape of the Mare in the Moon. Now that she is actually on Equestria in the flesh, he's afraid others would laugh at his foalhood dreams of meeting the mare, or worse, she would...

(Now expanded a bit more. I hope the formatting works this time. Is the travel telescope ok? I see in the show that Cloudsdale has an observatory with a huge telescope, which is what gave me the idea for astronomers in the first place. :o

I also added the secret dream in case spending the happiest time of his life watching the skies with his mother isn’t sufficient motivation. :D )

((Thanks to AppleNitrox for a corrected image link))