Magic Guild Recruitment Thread Mk. II (And Other OOC Stuff)

UPDATE: I'm now marking Open House as "Completed". I'd like to say thank you to special guests Starswirlthebearded, Riverhippo, and SteelEagle along with all of our Spellbound members for making that RP come to life. See you all for the next Public thread! :)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ANNOUNCEMENT: Ice Storm is planning a Hearths Warming Gala for Spellbound. Please RSVP in advance at the OOC thread if you're interested in having your character (and a non-Spellbound guest) attend. :)

Yay!  I have a feeling you already know who I'm going to put in..:

Crystalline Candles Fyre-Amore (Changeling skilled in all forms of magic, but hoping to learn more pony spells)

Starry Requiem (Astrophysicist hoping to learn more about magic and to teach other more about her field of study)

Since I've canonized personally that he will be returning to Equestria I'm certain I could do a thread in the near future with which Umekile joins Spellbound.

He's a freelance Sorcerer who calls himself a wizard, specializing in combatting violent cryptozoological beasts, dark magic and the artifacts it can create. He's akin to the long road but by joining spellbound he would actually have a place to home out of even though he won't neccasarily take well to being in the CITY of Canterlot in doing so.

Nice place to base him I'd suppose.

Would an herbalist Earth Pony be acceptable?

Assuming those are magic herbs your OC deals with, then there's absolutely no issue. We've got a couple earth pony members already, hehe.

Hmm. 

I kind of sort of have a concept for another OC that I could work on if that would be more suitable, but how well might a glassblower pony with little magical training be accepted if she showed a vested interest in learning more? Because if it wouldn't be too improbable, I've realized that Crystal Clear would appreciate having other magical folk to help her learn some more handy spells for her gem-gathering ventures or even just unexpected situations in general.

'Nuther question, sorry. Considering I've had, like ZERO involvement in any Spellbound threads before now, would it be odd for Clear to make her first appearance as a member in the gala thread? Should I wait to introduce her formally at another point?

Well, you could claim that Crystal Clear has already attended one guild meeting or more. I'd say that Spellbound members would have a get-together at least once a week to discuss magical affairs or just bond with one another. If you want to establish a retroactive connection to a more senior guild member (like say, having someone introduce Clear to Spellbound), dig through the Member List for an OC you like and give their RPer a PM about your idea. :)

• 2 weeks later...

ANNOUNCEMENT: This isn't strictly a Spellbound thread idea per say, but I'm thinking about making a sequel to my old magic counseling thread. Students & faculty of Celestia's School would get priority in determining who gets to meet with my magic counselor first, but I'll gladly accept invite requests from Spellbound members when I can. ;)

Archived