Nocturne Wisp needs some friends!

Zeig

Same as my first planning thread - only this time, for Nocturne Wisp, my recently approved Unicorn!

Nocturne Wisp

Not going to be as involved as my other one, because Nocturne Wisp is a very standoffish pony. Any relationships he has are going to be far and few in between. A few ideas though:

Friend / Close Friend
- Pretty self-explanatory. Just a friend or close friend, so that Nocturne can prove he's not a total and complete jerk all the time. Nocturne is actually pretty simple to befriend - almost all types of personalities annoy him in the beginning, but over time and with persistence, he can grow to like almost anypony. It simply takes continuing interaction and relation for him to essentially get used to the pony being around him, and then he starts to open up more until he finally calls them friends. Maybe somepony he's known since foalhood? He grew up in Canterlot.

Probably the only stereotypical personality he wouldn't like long-term are the really, major hyperactive and very noisy individuals (unless that pony was a foalhood friend). Mare or stallion works, though a mare probably works better as a foalhood friend.

Rival, particularly a magic rival
- Maybe from their days in Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. Nocturne is a very strong magic user, I think it'd make sense if he'd had somepony to spur him forward. I imagine their rivalry would be pretty negative, always trying to show each other up in their magic spells and essentially being evenly matched in raw magical power. Mare or stallion, though a stallion would probably work better.

Tutor/Student
- A pony that Nocturne tutored/tutors for extra bits, or maybe a pony that tutored/tutors him, since he's continuing his magical studies post graduation. Mare or stallion, adult or foal if Nocturne is the tutor.

Canterlot Roommate
- In his application, I stated that Nocturne wisp has a roommate in Canterlot that he sometimes stays with. They'd probably have a neutral or positive relationship (unless we can come up with a reason why they have a negative relationship but still share a space). Would be kind of funny if they became roommates by accident, because of a mess-up on the contract or a mistake by the landlord. Mare or stallion.

And any other ideas you yourself may have.

As for RPs, I don't have any particular ideas for RPs at the moment. But if you would like to RP with Nocturne and have an idea, please don't hesitate to post it here or PM me if that makes you feel more comfortable. I need to get him integrated someway or another!

~ Zeig

Java could be a potential friend. He grew up as a foal in Canterlot. Though he attended the academy for non-unicorn ponies, and went to Canterlot's University. Or just a generous room mate with a neutral relationship. He doesn't use his bed much anyways.

Wellll, Nightflight does get around quite a bit when she's not working. She could possibly bump into Nocturne somewhere and become a casual somewhat-acquaintance, slash slightly-less-wide-eyed curious trailing observer youth. Plus, as someone nearly nocturnal for all her moonlight pursuits, it might be nice for her to make friends with another pony who also has some familiarity with the night. :)

@Bellosh101: Oh yeah, I'm planning on trying to get him into that guild at some point! He's deeply involved with magic - it'd actually make less sense for him not to join a guild that could help him become stronger, even despite his introverted nature.

@Rarity: I like that idea a lot, actually. Maybe because of Dazzle Dawn's personality? I can already picture sitcom-ish shenanigans between the two of them.

@moonshineTheleocat: Hmm…maybe they're estranged foalhood friends? So they knew each other when they were younger, but are now more like acquaintances? Nocturne threw himself into his studies and Celestia's school at a pretty early age, so I don't image he would have had time to keep connected with somepony unless they were particularly close.

@TwoBits: I like them being acquaintances (it makes sense, to me - I can't imagine that ponies who frequently roam the night wouldn't eventually bump into each other), though depending on what sort of trailing she does, Nocturne might not take too kindly to her. Would she go up to him, engage him in conversation and such? Or would she observe and trail from a distance?

I imagine that Nightflight would observe from a polite distance for a bit, and then approach if she saw something that piqued her curiosity enough to approach Nocturne directly. She's not terribly talkative herself, so while his attitude might kind of make her pause she would also appreciate that he's not a pony who would likely talk her ears off for hours on end either.

BTW: Nocturne would most certainly have met Moondancer back when the two were students at Celestia's School. I also wouldn't expect her to be rival material. Maybe crush material though, because Moony has a coltfriend these days, and that'll make Nocturne jealous. :sad:

Mr. Wisp would also be familiar with Ingrid Marie, the guidance/magic counselor from his old school.

He could be an foalhood friend of my guy, Pocket Change He grew up in Canterlot. PC is also a founding member of the Spellbound magic guild that Bell mentioned..I could see my guy trying to get yours into the guild since day #1.

@TwoBits: I think that could work out then. At this point, Nocturne would probably not get annoyed because he's kind of used to her following him around at times and has pretty much gotten used to her being around. And her coming up to talk to him at times will probably be okay too, since she's not all together that talkative.

@Bellosh101: Acquaintance from foalhood, sure! Not so sure about crush, though it could be kind of interesting, especially if he and Pocket Change grew up as friends. Maybe a previous crush that he grew out of as he got older, something that would incite residual feelings for Moondancer (depending on how close they are now), but not active ones.

(Random note - I find it kind of funny how so many people seem to like the idea of my character(s) being interested in theirs, but not the reverse. :shock: )

@Tacobob: I like that idea! That would make it more likely that Nocturne joined the Guild, seeing how his friend founded it and managed to get quite a few big names somewhat involved in it as well. I can see Nocturne Wisp being close enough to Pocket Change to understand that he doesn't always think before speaking, and maybe the reverse could be true to - Pocket Change understands that Nocturne doesn't express his feelings very well, if at all.

Hmm.... perhaps Moondancer also had a crush on Nocturne too at one point in their adolescence. Because they were adolescent magic students at the time, their relationship would have been awkward, and come to a quick and unremarkable end. Moony might still think Nocturne is a cute stallion, but it won't be enough to her to consider breaking up with the (really awesome) Pocket Change.

Archived