Why didn't anyone like It Aint Easy Being Breezies?

Shep, we aren't asking you anymore. We're telling you. Stop.

Shep started a new topic discussing what he wants to talk about, so I don't think he will be posting here anymore (by the way Steel, I love your avatar! Its so adorable :D I know that didn't have to do with anything, but i wanted to say that)

Okay, so I'm starting to see why people hate this episode. I never really liked it in the first place, but I didn't think it was necessarily 'bad' either. But now that I think about it, the ep wasn't entertaining, the breezies were too useless, and the exposition was just... odd. The only good things that I can think of for this ep was Seabreeze and the moral. Both the morals, actually. Flutters learned that you shouldn't be too kind or others will take advantage of you, which is a good lesson regardless of wheter or not it will stick in the future. And Seabreeze learned that you shouldn't be too rough towards others. But yeah, I can see why people don't like this episode, but its definitely not the worst episode of the season (cough, Rainbow Falls, cough)

Oh yeah, Rainbow Falls was way worse...XD

Since no one wants me to argue about Twilight Kingdom being the worst of the six key episodes, let me instead defend Rainbow Falls and Breezies:

1. Rainbow Falls: This episode was about Rainbow Dash's conflicting loyalties between her original relay team and the Wonderbolts. The Wonderbolts were a much more superior team than Rainbow's, who weren't really good fliers. By the end, she chose her original team over the Wonderbolts, because friendship matters more than physical strength and quality.
  2. It Ain't Easy Being Breezies: Fluttershy's episode revolved around balancing between kindness and assertiveness. To act as a counterpoint to Fluttershy's submissiveness, Seabreeze was relentlessly yelling at the other breezies to go home with him. The two learn from each other that it's possible to be kind, but also assertive, without being too submissive or too dominant.

Those were key episodes, which challenged Rainbow and Fluttershy's beliefs and values in their respective Elements of Harmony, and gave them keys as a result. You want a terrible key episode? Try Twilight's Kingdom, because it disempowered and victimized the Mane Five, so that Twilight could become so overpowered that she renders her friends disposable and useless.

No, Twilight's Kingdom was worse, because of the heavy power imbalance between Twilight Sparkle and her friends, a la Dragon Ball Z in-terms of its own main-character and supporting cast. At least with Rainbow Falls and Breezies, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy contributed to Twilight's quest alongside the others, up until they were disempowered by Tirek and made instantly disposable, while Twilight is overpowered and might as well just keep the alicorn magic and kill off her friends, because again they're disposable.

Are you trying to tell me my opinion is wrong? Because it's an opinion, not something for you to dictate if it's wrong or not, and I coulda sworn that you said you were done with DBZ Rants.

Rainbow Falls was worse (In my opinion) because they took a group that was supposed to be heroic, brave and rolemodels and made them into shallow jerks for a plot.

Also if you could stop talking about how the Mane 5 could get killed/massacred,/ killed off violently that would be great too.

Are you trying to tell me my opinion is wrong? Because it's an opinion, not something for you to dictate if it's wrong or not, and I coulda sworn that you said you were done with DBZ Rants.

Rainbow Falls was worse (In my opinion) because they took a group that was supposed to be heroic, brave and rolemodels and made them into shallow jerks for a plot.

Also if you could stop talking about how the Mane 5 could get killed/massacred,/ killed off violently that would be great too.

And Twilight's Kingdom took five main ponies, who were supposed to be powerful and useful in their own rights, and reduces them to complete states of victimhood and disposability, in-exchange for the over-empowerment of Twilight Sparkle.

Also, I edited my post you just quoted, where I instead defend Rainbow Falls and Breezies.

Please just stop quoting me, I really don't want to see you rant anymore, this isn't about Rainbow Falls OR Twilight's Kingdom, it's about It's not easy being breezies.

(Ps going back and editing the post doesn't help you after I'v already replied to it, this is my final post on this matter)

Please just stop quoting me, I really don't want to see you rant anymore, this isn't about Rainbow Falls OR Twilight's Kingdom, it's about It's not easy being breezies.

(Ps going back and editing the post doesn't help you after I'v already replied to it, this is my final post on this matter)

Then at least it did two things: It gave Fluttershy a conflict based after her Element of Harmony, and it earned her her own key. So that means she, and the other Mane Five, still had relevancy to the Season Four story-arc... at least right up until everything gets thrown down the toilet, when Meghan McCarthy makes Twilight as overpowered as Goku, and all of her friends as useless and disposable as Goku's friends.

Then at least it did two things: It gave Fluttershy a conflict based after her Element of Harmony, and it earned her her own key. So that means she, and the other Mane Five, still had relevancy to the Season Four story-arc... at least right up until everything gets thrown down the toilet, when Meghan McCarthy makes Twilight as overpowered as Goku, and all of her friends as useless and disposable as Goku's friends.

Which lasts until they all become more powerful and important together with Rainbow Power in the end....

You're seriously talking in circles here.

Listen, you' only seem to be judging the key episodes as key episodes, and nothing else. The lesson Fluttershy and Seabreeze learn to get the key was fine with me, in fact I kind of liked the lesson (regardless of whether Flutters will remember the lesson or not) But the episode has other problems outside of that. The plot was bad, there was an obvious toy ploy, and it was not entertaining. Sure, the key part was fine, but people didn't like the episode for other reasons. (Same goes for Rainbow Falls)

Please, Shep, Just stop keeping this debate going on in the thread - I don't think ANYONE here wants to derail it further.

There's absolutely nothing to gain in this attempt to win people over when your argument is heavily illogical and flawed...leave that alone already!

1. The breezies where extremely gimmicky
  2. The breezies design does not fit at all into the design of the Universe
  3. The breezies have no character whatsoever they are there to provide a hurdle to overcome nothing more

Not a good combination of traits for a group of characters to have in a series

I wasn't a fan of the episode itself. The plot was all over the place, and the conflict wasn't quite clear until the last portion of the episode. With that being said, I don't hate the Breezie species. I think they're interesting, and I'd be all for another episode to explore wherever they live!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I just found the Breezies to be annoying. Shameless toy plugs are bound to happen in the show, but the Breezies weren't very original in concept, were just flat out annoying with that accent, and seemed overly delicate to the levels of shattered disbelief. They should be, as a race, totally extinct by now.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I didn't like the episode at first, mainly because it was like a different realm compared to MLP. It grew on me after watching it a few times since I've seen the whole series about 4-5 times. I'm neutral about that particular episode though.

But but but... Breezies!

Seabreeze the little Irish dude! (Or Scottish) (Come to think of it, did he even have an accent?)

Doctor Whooves and Roseluck!

Breezie mane six!

BUY THEM TOYS!

Seriously though, I liked the episode. I thought it had a decent story, and I also really, really like ponies. I'm kinda biased, I love them all.

I need to hate more episodes, like the rest of you normals.

I am very particular about my reason for not being super keen on "it ain't easy being breezy", but to me I think it is a super ultra important reason.

It comes down to one character. And that character is Seabreeze. He had one fatal flaw right from the beginning.

HE WASN"T VOICED BY DAVID BOWIE!!

I know when I see a David Bowie character when I sees it, and that pony just oozed david bowie juices. I was very disappointed that nobody got david bowie in there, because that would be hilariously great. I mean, what they had was alright, but just imagine it. David Bowie, being super breezy. It just needed to happen.

I am very particular about my reason for not being super keen on "it ain't easy being breezy", but to me I think it is a super ultra important reason.

It comes down to one character. And that character is Seabreeze. He had one fatal flaw right from the beginning.

HE WASN"T VOICED BY DAVID BOWIE!!

I know when I see a David Bowie character when I sees it, and that pony just oozed david bowie juices. I was very disappointed that nobody got david bowie in there, because that would be hilariously great. I mean, what they had was alright, but just imagine it. David Bowie, being super breezy. It just needed to happen.

David Bowie being Seabreeze being super breezy...

I'm certain there's a fanfic for that.

There's one for early 20th century strongman Arthur Saxon. Surely there's a David Bowie one.

Archived