The forest adventure (free for all)

Elssir

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((If I can only give a general piece of advice (not reproaching anything here) is to try and see what others do. If you want to improve your posts, then you can always take example on the others you roleplay with or even go read experienced roleplayers' texts. This way you could see what you could add or change in what you do if you believe you can improve. S'all I wanna share with you all! :) ))

The fact that the raven hid behind her showed that he already saw her as a good person. Hopefully she could think the same about it. It croaked more. The young unicorn had to do something. If she had learned anything from her fairy friend it was that animals weren't bad. This one wasn't supposed to be either... she was certain that she could get something out of this. So she turned around and bent down to its level, looking at the bird in the eyes and added a smile to it all.

''What is it that you want to tell us?''

She'd ask gently. At the risk of making herself look like a fool because she was now talking to an animal, she had this feeling that this would give a positive outcome. That the raven would actually understand her words and react to them.

((Little edit, here I'm leaving my place for pretty much the rest of the day. Sooo... you guys can post, but I'd like to not be left behind XD))

(Yeah. I'm trying to do that. I just need some experiences cause I'm use to RPs in real life when the reactions are immediately known.)

When the raven noticed its in the safety it stopped with croaking.

He was listening what was Violet telling to it. Than it looked to everypony and did something really strange...

"F-foll- ow" it said.

(Just btw: talking raven isn't fiction. They can learn it pretty well.)

When the raven noticed that it had full attention it again jumped closer in the way of that light. Than it looked back if you're following it and jumped few more steps.

((Now that you mention it, I think I did hear this before too. Also, Elssir, I have one question... Did you mind any of us having more than one character or did you want everyone to use only one character?))

Well at first, while being so close to the raven, when it spoke out real words, Violet jumped a little as she didn't expect to hear these coming out of a raven's mouth. It was a bird, after all... But when it was going away once again, she could tell where it was trying to lead them and with all of that she could make a connection. That bird right there probably knew about the light. At this point Violet wondered if it was a good idea to really follow it, just because she had trouble trusting whatever was in the forest when she knew the beast was inside of it...

Yet she would decide to follow anyway. She wasn't alone, there were others with her. She'd walk a bit closer to fire more than the others this time and looked at her briefly before looking forward again.

(I'm just telling the story. You're the players. My goal is to make you to enjoy this. You can have more of character. Just they can't be too powerful)

The bird was leading closer and closer to that light. Every few seconds it turned back if you're still following it.

Strange singing was heard much more clearly than before. It was definitely a male voice.

The song sounded sadly. The words weren't understandable maybe because of the ancient accent but the melody let no doubts.

Blackwing heard the singing, it was sad, a feeling that he was trying to bury away though all this song did was....make it worse. Blackwing felt the need to shed a tear though it did not happen, all he did was stay the same, and kept on walking towards the light though he cried on the inside

(Blackwing has had a very bad past, look at his accepted app form in Canterlot Chronicles to see it)

((Let's not forget about Stormchaser too))

Violet kept on following the raven which was guiding them to the light... obviously she hadn't forgotten about the voice, but the bird was the main focus. It was noticeable how the singing was getting more clear the more they would advance. Its sad tone did make the filly worry, though... she knew that being with her two friends they'd simply go and check right away, them knowing what to do better than she did. She had to trust those who were here now... So she kept walking and following the raven towards the light. They would eventually reach it if they kept going...

Sometimes she looked behind at the others and even to see if no one else was following... she had an idea of who could appear at any moment given she had left a note back home. Surely... surely they would come to her just to make sure she was alright. She knew they would... but it's the 'when' that she didn't know.

((herp, hadn't seen that you posted... Don't give up just yet! People need their time and can't post just about anytime because we all can be busy at some point. Here I was working today so I couldn't post XD. If you want to, simply accelerate things and get to where the action will begin or is about to begin. If each post the raven is just getting closer and closer, then it just becomes a long build-up that seems to never end and the others can run out of ideas or will repeat themselves too much in each post they make. So it's a trick I can give you. With what you have planned, if you see that nothing really happens, then don't hesitate to jump to the next part!))

(Well, This part with the raven was so long because everybody wanted to don't go too far away in the story.. ^^; but don't worry. The action is near)

Finally the raven stopped. That light...

It wasn't a window. It was an old oil lantern.

This place was completely under the trees. The sky was hidden and without the lantern it would be really dark here.

But something changed. Everything was quiet. That voice what was singing stooped with it.

The darkness between the trees was strange. It didn't look as a normal darkness here was something "disharmonical" on it. Also the wind changed. Now it sounded like a slow breath... as if trees are alive and the're breathing.

And suddenly:

"Well, well, well... Let's see who came in here. " it was definitely that voice what was singing before. It came from the place hidden in the darkness. But there was a noticeable movement. That singer was close.

"Hmm... a griffon? Very interesting. Ah, and ponies of course... the bravest beings from the PonyVille who weren't scared of this adventure. "

The accent of the voice was really strongly ancient. It reminded the 'royal voice' in some way... but still, it was different.

When blackwing heard the voice he snapped at it, his head turnign and his body preparing to defend himself though he didnt pounce, he just kept his guard up. So far he didnt trust any of them, only himself

(little something i want to say, if you guys want Blackwing to stop being so untrustfull you need to try and become his friend. I know, he is very harsh right now, but what do you expect from a ex thief who lived alone?)

Than the leaves moved and the talker showed himself.

He was a grey pegasus with long wavy black hair and tail. He also had a dark brown old looked hat and coat. The coat hid his cutie mark but it's sure that it's nothing with flowers and hearts. This guy looks extremely dangerous.

But the most creepy thing at all were his eyes.

His left eye had a colour like a golden honey but his second eye was grey with a milk white tone. This eye was blind. And that was probably because of big ugly scar on it.

His left eye looked to everypony with the penetrating power. But his right eye didn't move. It was dead.

Than he turned to the raven.

"Good work Midgar" he said and the raven croaked.

Than he started to walk around.

"My name is Elssir. Elssir van Hellpony. As you probably noticed it was me who gave that sign into the village.

The true is that here's a dangerous monster too near to the village. It's just a question of the time when it will hurt to somepony.

You're here, bacause I need your help with defeating of this monster. Usually I'm doing this alone but this time I'll need you."

Than he looked to Violet.

"It will be a dangerous business. If you think you can't do it, now is your last chance to leave"

Blackwing also looked at Violet, she looked a bit young for this though he felt that she might have what it takes. Blackwing walked up to her and looked her in the eye, not as a threat, but searching for something. He found what he suspected, that she had what it took. "Stay" Was all he said after he found it

(Sorry if im wrong there, though im basing that off your other RP Fransh, violet seems strong. If yo u wish this changed just say so)

((How odd, I have never been notified that more posts were done o.O But yes, you'd be right. Violet has a lot of potential as a fighter. With her two friends Glady and Seria she is even more powerful just because of teamwork. By herself she can take on normal nobodies easily (By nobodies I mean like... regular soldiers or guards. Y'know, typical minions villains could have). So yeah, your post is all right, RDD, no worry XD It's normal to doubt, I guess just because of her appearance. In her younger days she had to be the cutest filly I had ever made and tried to keep that cuteness with her as she grew up. So yeah, she might not look so strong because of her lack of self-confidence when not with her friends or parents. Doesn't help that her mother and father are both over-protective too!))

As they had arrived in the forest and to the source of the light, the unicorn would wait and look around the light to see who was there. The singing had stopped too... so it meant that the one who was singing was close-by. The ancient words changed for common ones... ones that could be understood by the residents of the town. The raven was still there and seemed to even bear a name. Midgar, huh. Eventually the one with the singing voice would make an appearance in front of them. He was wearing dark colors... Violet didn't know if she had to be aware of something or not. Yet she stared at him and didn't say anything. She'd watch him... If he tried anything, she could always try to create a counter-attack... But all of this would be unecessary in the end.

The pony introduced himself properly to the others and revealed himself to be the one to put the sign in Ponyville. Whoever read this had the choice to come or not and it managed to attract a few anyway, Violet included. After he explained the reason of the sign, the filly was looked at. This dead eye of him troubled her slightly, not being used to see things like that. He told her specifically that it was now or never that she could change her mind... As she was about to speak, the griffin approached. She looked up at him and met with his eyes. He remained silent while he seemed to be... scanning her? Although his look didn't seem threatening, it was still intimidating for her and then she'd hear him say to stay. She didn't know exactly what to make of it just like that, but figured quickly after that he wanted her to stay with them after what Elssir said. At that she'd look back at him, trying to look determined.

''I-I won't back away!... I came here because you asked for help... a-and I will help just like anyone else here!...''

She'd say using a tone of confidence, yet the trembling voice could show how uneasy she was at the moment, put under the stress that something horrible could happen.

"Well, now you know who I am. Now it's your time to tell your name." said Elssir.

Than he took his backpack what was hidden in the bush and started to look for something.

It looked like he had all his personal stuff in here. Some old papers, few ancient books, some potions, sacks with herbs, also some weird stuff, strange little statue...

More of stuff wasn't visible because he tried to hide what is in the backpack.

After a few minutes he finally found what he wanted.

"Here. Take this. " he said and gave to everyone a strange crystalic ball.

"If you will be lost or in the troubles... just throw it to the ground. It will create a big flash. Midgar will be protecting us from the sky. He will see that and tell me."

"Now about that beast. I saw it for the last time a mile away from this place. It's probably somewhere underground right now. First we need to find where it is. Be extremely careful. I'm still not sure what kind of creature it is. Let's create the pairs."

Than he was quiet again and his healthy eye looked to the sky. But his dead eye was still staring at you.

When the pony who called himself Elssir asked for names, all he would get was a solid "No". Blackwing didnt trust this pony much, something seemed off about him, and its not just his eye either, which Blackwing didnt really get affected by. Why try and hide bag items from ponies who you asked to come help? It just didnt make sense. Blackwing could tell that Violet had a lot of potential, even if she didnt know it, but she seemed......uneasy and scared of this. He wanted to help, but he wasnt much of a talker, in truth, Blackwing never had said more then one or two words at once, and that made him doubt his own ability to help the nervous filly out. Blackwing decided to wait until Elssir was distracted and he could talk to her without him or anypony else to overhear, but it needed to happen before they started adventuring.

(Ah, thought so. Violet, glady and siera are good friends, it makes sense that they are better in a team)

Elssir didn't show any emotion on his face. He just smiled. But that smile wasn't normal. His eye didn't smile. Here was something like a flash of sadness. But just for a short moment.

And another strange thing was discovered about him. His teeth were much sharper than the teeth of normal ponies.

He wasn't a normal pegasus.

Than he said something in the language what nobody know to the Midgar. His strong ancient accent was more visible than before. It was probably some languages from the old ages.

But the raven understood him.

Than Elssir closed his backpack and took the lantern.

"Follow me." He said and went deeper into the forest.

"If you don't want to stay alone in the forest. Just with the darkness..." he said for himself. But as he went away finding the way the light of his lantern showed that he forgot something from his backpack on the ground. It looked like as an old photo.

What elssir just did proved his suspicions, it seemed that something was up. He looked more like a bat but without the bat wings, his accent....was very ancient, like this pony was here during the time before nightmare moon. Blackwing took one look at violet and that was all he needed to change his mind. Blackwing walked over to violet. He planned to do his best to help her stay safe, even if it meant risking himself. Who know's, it might help him redeem himself. As he got to violet he looked like he wanted to say something though he didnt. He needed elssir to be out of earshot before he could.

Archived