Xiphos needs some…friends?

Zeig

Yes…"friends."

My male Aerion Xiphos was just accepted for Canterlot Chronicles, which I am very excited for. And just like with all new characters, he needs some relationships to get him started.

Note: I'm planning on altering his personality just a bit. He's still going to maintain that sly, snarky sort of mischievousness, but instead of being very laid-back and sort of lounging all the time, he's going to be more like an adventuring puppy, to better fit his curious and inquisitive nature. IE, instead of watching and observing from a distance, he's going to get right up in someone's face to inspect them better.

But anyways - relationship planning. This might be tricky with this character. His fancies come and go, and he might have become interested in/attracted to someone for one reason, yet dislike/be bored of another for the exact same reason. So please don't be discouraged or disheartened if I look back and forth across all options, to see what might be the trigger for Xiphos and your character.

Here are the ideas I had:

Friend/Close Friend
- Of course, everyone needs a friend, even someone like Xiphos. More than likely, this friend is as bad of an apple as Xiphos is, though that's not necessary. At the very least, s/he would have to be someone that understands Xiphos and accepts him for who he is, maybe even encourages his behavior. This friend is probably going to laugh alongside Xiphos when someone trips and sends all their groceries tumbling to the ground.

Ex-Marefriend
- Someone Xiphos might have gotten very cozy with, with the intent of getting into their space to steal something. Either something of theirs, or something they had access to. Basically, Xiphos used this pony for a job, then dumped her afterwards. He would have been careful about it - it would seem highly suspicious if he just upped and vanished after the object/information went missing - but essentially, he only showed interest in her to get what he really wanted. They may have parted bitterly, or Xiphos may have even manipulated the situation to make it an amiable break-up.

Charm Owner
- Xiphos wears a small, green charm clasped in his hair that he lets dangle next to his face. I had the idea that Xiphos stole this charm at the very beginning of his career, from someone that he "loved". IE, maybe the first pony he developed a fixation on, and he wears the charm to commemorate his interest in him/her. Basically, it acts like a sign of possession, that Xiphos will always have this piece of them with him at all times. Could be someone that he knew growing up or met during his travels, might have even been a complete strange that Xiphos never revealed himself to. But they would have definitely been stalked by him for a while, until he became content with the charm and left them alone. For the moment, at least.

Foalhood Acquaintance
- Someone Xiphos knew growing up, but intentionally lost touch with when he started his criminal lifestyle. He may not even really remember them, since he poured a lot of effort and energy into completely erasing his old life and associates.

Current Interest
- This one is a maybe, but with Xiphos' personality, he has probably already fixated on somepony (he almost always is at any given time). Again, since there's really no one thing that grabs his interest and attentions, this pony could be anyone. I would just have to look at any characters that are interested, and see which one might be the best to cause some interesting/funny/dramatic RP moments with.

As always, if you have your own ideas about relationships or RP for Xiphos, please shoot them out. Never hurts to get other ideas and opinions. Thanks for reading!

I suggest Flux, not sure which category she'd fit under though. Definitely not the ex-marefriend category though.

Also, Xan could be an interesting acquaintance. I'm willing to use any of my five characters though, if you come up with an idea.

Any of the bios but Flux's are in my log. Here's hers:

If Xiphos is a thief, more than likely he could have a business partnership/friendship with Java. He's normally out and about late at night anyways because he never sleeps.

Example, if Xiphos decides to go for the big daddies rather than petty theft, Java would provide information and proper tools to help him out.

@PyroBlaze: Did you have any ideas for Flux and/or Xan? I can see Xiphos being acquaintances with either (maybe even hostile towards Xan, if Xan ever tried to steal stuff in Xiphos' "territory" of Trottingham? Though I'm not sure how hostile Xiphos would stay until he just stopped caring). Can't really think of anything specific though, unless you had an idea.

@moonshineTheleocat: Xiphos is self-sufficient (information is part of his trade after all), and he mostly targets the big daddies anyways. Unless something just happens to catch his eye and he's like, "me want". Maybe they are associates? Perhaps a competitor hired Xiphos to acquire information about JavaSun and his creations, and JavaSun got in contact with the White Fox to reverse hire him to not steal any info. Or they might just be acquaintances in the criminal world. Xiphos doesn't let on that he's the White Fox himself, but he doesn't necessarily hide his illegal dealings as Xiphos. He just appears as a petty thief or mercenary.

@Dio: Ship ahoy! Any particular ideas for Meadowhawk and Xiphos?

I'm not really sure. I feel like Flux could work as a friend or as a current interest, or both. Of course, she doesn't really have a memory of her past before waking up outside Ponyville, so it'd have to be a somewhat recent meeting. Maybe they could meet on the road or something, since they both travel a lot. I don't really care where it would take place, as there's really no reason she couldn't be there.

As for Xan, he's not really one for friends. Allies, sure, but he doesn't care about making friends. Besides, that hostility would be very one-sided for as long as it would last, since Xan wouldn't care about boundaries or territories. He steals where the jobs tell him to, doesn't make a difference to him.

Being a Noble (though regretably) Java does actually have a decent amount of connections and power he can flex (rarely ever used given his distaste to being a noble). Though, Java wouldn't actually be too worried about a thief trying to dig up dirt on him, or steal anything for that matter, unless he goes a little bit far. Java did a good job at burning down his birthright that most ponies wouldn't think twice about it.

Even if Java knew his home would be a target. He'd welcome it. Even pay the thief for breaking into his home. The main reason he was upset when inkbrand broke into his house was a case of bad timing. He wanted to test something, but his luck failed miserably when the one thief that did break into his home, happened to show up when the security bit wasn't set. He'll figure out the competitor who hired the hit eventually and decide if it's worthwhile to just deal with it himself, or ignore it.

Plus big fanged cat thing which is approved now.

Associates is more likely. Though, Java wouldn't necessarily be part of the criminal world. He is just the tinkerer who provides tools. No harm in that.

And by tools, I don't mean basic gadgets. I mean things that are actually useful for breaking open large vault doors. Getting past steel grates. Or melting a hole through the floor for a quick escape, or entry.

Likely though Xiphos would be refering to Java as Voronoi (Java's real name. Java is just a nickname he fell in love with.)

We could have Flux meet Xiphos... well, anywhere you want, really. I'm not really getting any ideas about what would happen, besides Flux's randomness being present, but I want to do an rp.

I can't see a meeting between Xan and Xiphos being that interesting, but I'll try it if you want to do it.

I could see Meadowhawk being an ex-marefriend in her crazier days. She's "gone straight" now that she's a Wonderbolt alternate, though I don't think Xiphos would particularly care if they were up to mischief.

I could also see her as being someone Xiphos goes back to for a quick fling, candid chatter, and a couch/bed to crash on for the night.

Archived