Cross took a moment to analyze the battlefield,

The dragon is obviously the biggest threat .

But we cant handle him especially with this suicidal fool trying to kill us!

For just a moment he thought that he could pick a good place to hide, loot the keys of a dad guard and run away and not need to worry about all this … would be nice

Cross got out of his guard stance and ran at the injured wolf spirit, he then pounced the creature making it support itself on the bad leg, He rolled around with the beast for a second before putting his chains around its throat!

He then used his hooves to push the both of them toward a rock protruding from the ground and with his remaining stamina slammed the wolfs head down!

Thru gritted a yelled a deep kiai with each power attack

“YAT-AH YAT-AH YAT-AH

he slammed its head in 3 times before it disappeared into thin air.

He laid on the ground taking deep breaths trying his best to recover stamina, he looked at the mighty devil before him and thought

at least’s its not as big as the avatar of Akaotsh in the capital of Tamerial. Yeah that’s one good thing about this.”

He heard Midnight yell across the field, she was right we had to stop fighting each other, but this MAD man seemed less likely to listen to her, he had to free up Sky and the others from fighting with him so they could focus on the demon!

He stood up having recovered enough to run forward. Once he built up enough speed tackled Ican by his legs taking out his knees from behind! It was a good thing he didnt even seem to acknowledge him the whole time. He then jumped on him putting all his weight on the mage’s hands; and put his horn to underneath his jaw ready to Peirce the thin layer of skin at any moment. He used this roll his head over and face the giant demon who was attacking the guards

LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT! WE NEED TO WORK TOGATHER! Swear on your honor you will cease your fight with us until we slay that beast! Or I will throw your corpse STRAIGH INTO ITS MAW!”

he put one a little more force into his horn to let him know that he was serious.

This was a pure life or death situation if he had to kill 1 in order to preserve the life of everyone here it would be a sacrifice he would make

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ician blinked slowly. He wasn't quite sure what had happened, but his bound sword was now lying at his feet and he had a horn in his jaw. Funny how that happened. He would usually have at least gotten a flame spell off, or perhaps chopped the aggressor's head off with his blade. Pity, that. But it could be remedied. He couldn't say the same about the current situation though.

He listened to Pariah ramble on about some nonsense about killing the 'beast', as if the dragon was the highest priority in this fight. After the flow of angry words, Ician said calmly, "You speak of my honour as if I have any. And kill me if you must; at this juncture, I estimate that dragon has the highest chance of killing Luna and ending this war out of all of us. I'm certainly not going to help to defeat it until absolutely necessary. Now, I'd appreciate it if you could get off of me, or if you're going to kill me then make it quick. Or..." His right hand swivelled slightly to face Pariah, and began to glow orange-red with a prepared Flames spell, while his left angled towards the nearby ground and glowed purple, culminating in a bright flash and the summoning of a new familiar, "Or you could let me go. Your choice."

"Come on! In the tower! We can worry about who we're killing in your stupid war AFTER we escape that creature"

Sky would grin, glad that she actually did not forget him. Sky would see Cross pinning down the mage. Sky would laugh at him but it would only last a minute. Sky would then put a hand on Crosses back. "Leave him, we need to get out of here, let the imperials and that beast deal with him" Sky would tell him before running after Midnight.

Once sky entered the tower he looked back at Ician, who seemed to want them dead. "Midnight, is there a spare bow and arrows here?" Sky would ask, wanting to be able to protect himself

Midnight watched Sky and run in, leaving Cross and Icaen, and she had a feeling they were going to leave him for dead to that dragon.

Midnight shook her head, this was such a stupid idea' she thought to herself, before running out the tower to Cross and Ician.

"Listen, i know you're all worked up about this war with Luna and all this. But for once, perhaps you can save your own life instead of feeling sorry for yourself. Who cares who wins this stupid war in you're not around to see it? Now i don't care if you want Luna dead, or why this war is going on. But don't be stupid and throw your life away! Look around you! You are a soldier and a soldier must always protect! Save as many lives as you can! Then you can die"

It was a difficult situation Pariah was not sure what to do!

The only thing that made sense right now would be to execute him, or maybe …. If he pierced his trachea with his horn and convinced him that he was the any one capable of healing him he would surly work alongside them … for now. He would have 5 minutes to make up his mind before he died of asphycation, a terrible thing to do to another pony, but it might just be the only thing to get thru too him!

Pariah lifted his head up and quickly looked at Ican’s neck

there it is” he said aloud

he cocked his head back to make the stab, but by stroke of luck moving his head allowed him to see a reign of deadly fireballs coming straight from the demon’s maw to them!

he immediately jumped off Ican and yelled to midnight “TAKE COVER” he jumped along side her and said “thank you for helping me.”

Hold. Stop. In Ician's mind, the fireballs approaching him almost seemed to slow to a halt as his thoughts raced. Analyse possibilities. Oakflesh? Might negate some damage, but probably not enough. Can't be blocked. But it can be dodged.

Yes... with Oakflesh to absorb some of the injury, I should be able to survive... especially since that idiot got off of me. At least something's working in my favour.

He scrambled to his feet and ran away from the fireball, as fast as his legs would carry him. At the same time, just in case he didn't survive, he needed to make sure he settled everything he could to the best of his abilities. He glanced at his ever-faithful familiar and muttered, coolly, "Luna. Get her." The dog nodded and rushed off towards the tower, far faster on four feet than he could be on two.

Ignoring Midnight, Ician plowed forwards and away from the incoming fireball. He hoped it would be enough. If not, well... the world would continue to spin without him. It did, and always would. That, at least, gave him a measure of comfort.

Luna would see the wolf coming at her. Without her Gag or cuffs on anymore, she just pulled the war ax from her belt and swung it at the dog.

----------------------------------------

Sky would see the Fireballs and would gasp. He knew a dragon was brutal, though he didnt expect this. Sky ducked into the tower but noticed that some people were still outside. Sky turned and sprinted towards the group, he was NOT leaving anyone behind. Sky would see a miss fired arrow hit the ground as he was running, and he would also see the Imperials trying to fight the big Dragon.

As sky reached the group he would look at them all and yell "COME ON, LETS GET THOSE BINDERS OFF, THEN FOLLOW ME, WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE, YOU WANT TO LIVE, FOLLOW"

Midnight looked up, seeing the Dragon looking right at her, and a fireball coming at her. Thanks to Cross' warning, she dived onto the ground and managed to avoid becoming deep fried. "Thank you for saving my life just then" replied Midnight, standing up. The dragon was tearing the town to pieces, and there won't be much left at this rate. Midnight ran into the tower, seeing Luna take the wolf down. At this point, money was less of an issue, and she was tempted to go her own way.

She gave Jarl Luna a lazy salute, before running up the stairs, and stopping half way up.

"Jarl, lets go! I'm not going to wait around to become a snack to that thing, and i doubt you are too. Lets get moving. The others can handle themselves"

Midnight was right. with his shackles on and no armor he was of no help against that giant demon outside.

is anyone hurt, I have restoration magic” he leaned against the tower wall and took some breaths

if we are to escape, I have no knowledge of that type of beast, is it intelligent? Will it track us if we make our escape now? Or be it some enraged animal from the wilderness?

he pushed his body against his shackles, hoping to weaken them somewhat but to no avail, not even the strongest of ponys can bend steel that strong

Predictably, the spectral wolf disintegrated immediately upon contact with the axe. Ician had but a moment to observe it before being caught on the edge of the explosion and flung several metres forward, landing flat on his back. He quickly scrambled to his feet and dashed away from the dragon, working completely off of muscle memory and panic-fuelled instinct; his thoughts were somewhere else far, far away.

Luna is alive.

His head began to hurt.

Luna is... alive.

His headache intensified.

Weakly, he lifted his hand, glowing with a purple light, and summoned a new familiar. It shimmered into existence beside him.

Luna... is...

Clinging desperately to it, he whispered hoarsely, "Riverwood... Take me to..."

... alive.

"Riverwood." With that, his eyes rolled into the back of his head and he collapsed heavily onto his familiar. The wolf wasted no time, dashing off down the road between Helgen and Riverwood with Ician in tow.

Darkness had followed the group and managed to bypass most of the chaos, despite his size he was nimble without his armor on. He stood in the room with them at the bottom of the town and turned to look at Luna, she seemed perfectly fine so he averted his gaze and waited for her directions, or to follow this odd group. They were some odd people in the group he could tell, it seemed and archer and assassin were two of them, and the other was a mage of sorts, this made him chuckle a bit, that made him the tank. As odd as the group was, they could make a viable team if the skills of the others complimented eachother like he hoped, they had a tank, a mage and healer, a support archer, and if the assassin was fast enough she would deal some serious flurry of attacks, but this mattered not to him. He served Luna and only Luna, and by the looks not all here agreed to this, but this was no time to continue quarrels or start any, once they left the area he would follow Luna back to there city and await new orders.

Sky would duck as a arrow nearly hit him. He would then look to see a archer trying to kill him and the group, but before he could fire his next shot a Fireball slamed into him, sending him flying. Sky would flinch as it hit him though he would quickly recover as he pulled out a lock pick and picked the lock to Crosses bindings, it would only take ten seconds as this time he had a easier time.

"Your free, stick with me if you want to live" Sky would tell cross as he looked around. He needed a weapon, a bow. If he got that he would be set for this. As he looked around he noticed that not many guards were paying attention to the prisoners. That would make sky smile. "Out here is to dangerous, lets get inside that tower and into the keep" Sky would suggest

Midnight looked in the tower, at Sky and Jarl Luna.

"Oh! I'm out, not all the gold that would set me up for life would make me stay in this disaster. See ya! If you survive this, catch me in Riverwood and I'll buy you a drink"

Midnight ran to the top of the tower, spotting the dragon. She took to the sky, but did so at such a bad time. the Dragon also took flight, towards her!!

She raised her bow, but she got hit before she could do anything. She went flying down, towards the wall. She turned back to it, only to crash into the stone wall. She let out a cry of pain as she fell onto the ground, her bow landing next to her.

She could feel that her wings were damaged, probably broken. She coughed, spitting out blood, something inside her was broken, probably multiply bones had gone snap.

“thank you my friend. “ Cross said to sky.

a keep?” he replied at Sky’s idea

a keep or some place to bunker down sounded like a good idea but how long would that beast try to hunt us?

He thought

Suddenly he saw midnight fly away … and get shot down. That looked painfull

He turned to the two stallions and tried to sound confident while saying “Can you give me some cover to retrieve her? The more ponys we have against that devil the better!”

"Ugh..." His whole body ached, and badly too. It was times like these that Ician wished he'd learned a little restoration magic. Maybe then he could make it stop hurting. Slowly, he blinked his eyes open and sat up tentatively, observing his surroundings. Riverwood lay just ahead. His familiar was gone - must have expired - but it seemed that she got him here fine. All the better.

He glanced down at his restraints. They were still there, of course; he hadn't expected anything less. Summoning his bound sword, he began to saw away at it quietly until it at last fell to the ground in two pieces. He stretched his arms apart. "Much better." He reached out to the right once more as his hand glowed purple, and his faithful wolf appeared beside him again.

"Thank you, Antimony." Giving his familiar's head a gentle, appreciative pat and dispelling his bound sword, he set off towards Riverwood, humming a cheerful tune. "I can't believe we escaped. At least Luna died, right? Ah, can't imagine what it would be like if she survived. I can't tell you how satisfying it was to see that dragon eat her. And hey, we got away alive. That's always a plus."

Soon, he entered the town, and he began to take a look around.

"More ponies we have against it.." Darkness muttered, are they stupid? Or just plain stubborn he thought to himself this is a dragon, a god amongst men, we cannot kill he watched them for now, he had that Sky figure to help him. It was still hard to believe that a dragon was alive and in the..flesh? scales? bah whatever it was in, it was here and alive, they were fearsome creatures and there were stories about them. Though thats all they were for so long, stories and tales that were told by Inns and travelers, but now, if this one is alive, what if more arise, this world would be finished, dragons are immortal from the accounts he had heard of.

Sky would see Midnight get hit straight into the wall, and sky would gasp. He knew that the dragon was brutal, though he never expected it to hit her that hard into a tower. Sky's first reaction after recovering would e to sprint over too Midnight. He would pick her up and look around. The dragon was occupied right now with the imperial guards, who were gettign ripped to shreds. Sky could not care less about them, his only concern right now was to help Midnight survive. Sky would look towards the keep door, he had a idea, a very, very bad idea.

"CROSS, THE KEEP, LETS GO" He would yell as he carried Midnight towards the door.

Midnight tried to move, to do anything! She was basically giving herself to the Dragon. It could kill her and she wouldn't be able to stop it. Her whole body was in pain, her wings were broken, or very damaged at that. That's when she felt something, or one, pick her up. She tried to look at who it was, but closed her eyes. Honestly, at this point, she was fine with it being anyone. Surviving was the main thing, what happened after that she'll take in time.

"W-w...who?" She tried to ask, before slumping in whoever was carrying her. Her head was stumped, and her body was in agony. She was in no state to do much for the moment.

Cross was expecting some kind of confirmation but he just charged straight out to save her

wow he must really care for her” he said rushing with him. A few arrows came in trying to hit them, but He held his block hard over Sky and took them for him, a simple healing spell made the arrow pop right our of his body. Then he saw that sky was already moving back

man that guys fast!”

he rushed back with him dodging fireballs and once back inside nodded, slightly out of stamina

right, cover” he said as he followed them down.

Ician bowed his head slightly as he passed through the familiar shaded entrance that served as Riverwood's gate. Or, at least as much of a gate as it could be called, allowing for a certain generosity of spirit. Riverwood had primitive walls and no Imperial garrison to speak of; it would surely not survive if whatever splinter groups had come of the Stormcloaks - or worse, dragons - attacked. The latter he would ordinarily have dismissed as too far-fetched to be worth consideration, even by a mind as paranoid and cautious as his, but such an eventuality was shaping up to be likelier and likelier.

His spectral familiar travelling faithfully beside him, Ician continued walking forward and observing the houses around him. He wasn't sure if he could count on the willingness of any of the villagers to welcome him in, especially free of charge. Finding accommodations had to be his first priority, after... after...

Of course! A roof over his head was far from what he should be looking for. No, Riverwood needed protection. Protection from the inevitable dragon attack, after Helgen. Canterlot was too far away to reach, and at any rate he would just be arrested again, but... Ponyville. Ponyville had guards of its own, and their Jarl Twilight Sparkle was the type to take care of her own. She would probably agree to help Riverwood. He had to leave posthaste. But first...

Looking around the town, he seeked out the tavern, entered, and asked the bartender, "Do you have any food? The kind that'll last a day's journey or two? Also some for a week, if possible."

Darkness just stayed near the group silenlty as everyone shambled into the shelter from the dragon

[i'm really confused where we are, like i know helgen, but thats about it so sorry about short post, wanna get with the group and unsure what to post due to my confusion :P]

As sky entered the tower he would wait for Augercorn to get inside before he would close the door. Sky would see a chair. As skyt walked over he would see two corpses inside. Sky would sigh as he put Midnight in the chair.

"Well, looks like something" Sky would say as he walked over to a stormcloak corpse. Sky would take the armor off him, leaving the corpse in a normal tunic. As sky doned the armor he would sigh, hopign they would make it out of this. Sky would then put the boots and gloves on though he would leave the helmet. The corse had a war ax as a weapon. Sky would grin as he picked it up. Sky would hang it on his belt as he walked over and picked midnight back up.

"we need to move"

(Moonlite, you should approch te group and join)

[and where are you? thats what im confused about. there are a lot of towers in Helgan. is it the one you run into to jump into the house or the one you run into with the stormcloak guy/imperial guy to start the tutorial mission.]

Midnight felt herself being put down, in a chair? She couldn't tell, her head was swinging. All she did know, was she had a bow, some arrows and wasn't about to be eaten by a Dragon. She tried to stand up, but faltered.

However, when someone picked her up again, she protested. She rolled out of their arms, falling onto the ground. She got up onto her knees, trying to keep her balance.

"D-don't, carry me. I can take care of myself" She protested, staying on the ground. She didn't want to be carried, but she couldn't get up yet.

yeah you carry yourself, just not when about every bone in your body is broken,” said Cross as he warmed up his healing hoof. He hit her until he was out of magica and took a deep breath saying

your lucky your alive, if we don’t get you some advanced aide soon you’ll never walk again.”

He had barley enough for one more and hit her with another healing hooves. And walked to the others

I have no knowledge of these cold lands, but I do of medical and your friend needs to see an advanced healer. Is there anywhere nearby that can render master level care?”

Archived