It seemed that his memory served him well. Ician trotted down the twisting and winding road from Riverwood with nothing more than the vague recollection of a strategic map and a little wooden post with the words Ponyville etched into an arrow pointing in the approximate direction of the road as his guidelines. It didn't take long for him to spot the first landmark of his journey; a graceful waterfall, with tides and torrents of water descending onto a gouge carved into the rock face just beside the road. It eventually formed into a river further on, though as far as he could remember that wasn't the path he'd be taking today. On his right were a few trees, nothing like the forests he'd seen elsewhere on the continent.

Ician's ears pricked up suddenly. Something sounded like... a wolf. And not his own, either. It sounded wild. Which meant that it was probably hostile. Which meant in turn that it would not live beyond the next minute.

"Go, Antimony." Ician encouraged his familiar, who yelped obediently and scampered after the source of the noise with the rustling of leaves and the snapping of twigs. Ician simply continued walking down the road, though now his eyes were watching his familiar.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sky would sigh as Cross brang up the dragon attack. "I dont know, i never lived in Skyrim. I just got stuck in the middle of this war without any choice which side i would fight for. Right now i say we ignore it though, we need to leave" Sky would say before he looked around to see if he could see a door. Their was two doors, one on each side. One only openable from the other side, the other locked. "Oh great"

Midnight looked up when Sky made is clear something was in their way. She saw the problem, an unopenable door, and a locked one. She patted Cross's shoulder, the one she was leaning on.

"Hey, Cross. You able to get me to that lock? I might be able to get it open, no promises, but it's worth a shot ain't it?"

"I've lived her since i could fly. and i can promise you Dragons are NOT a common occurrence round here"

"sure." replyed cross as they walked over to the door

"well thats releiving and disturbing at the same time I.." he brandished the small blade.

"though i heard something, keep an eye out for bandits and goblins ... every cave has them."

they reached the door and Cross bent his leg giving midnight a decent seat to comfortably work on the lock

"perhaps you can help me and show me how to do lockpicking?"

Ician's right hand snapped open, glowing with a green blue light, and a brief second later that light spread across his entire body, encapsulating him in the gentle aura of Oakflesh. Both hands then burst into violent flames as he advanced steadily towards the confrontation.

Antimony had engaged what he had correctly assumed to be a wild, hostile wolf, and both were kicking, biting and fighting with each other, seemingly of an even match. That was at least until Ician appeared on the scene and loosed two gouts of flame at the far more flammable flesh-and-bone animal, which shortly began to burn, predictably. It yelped in pain but continued fighting, leaving Ician to continue burning it until it became an eventual pile of ashes on the ground. Before it died, however, it managed to get a few scratches off on him. Ician sat down briefly to tend to his wounds.

After a little bit of effort the lock would be picked

Sky would hear a 'click' behind him as Midnight went to pick the door. He would shake his head with a laugh, a small one. Sky would then walk over to the door and opened it. "Who goes first?" He would ask. Sky was happy to go first, though he would let others have first choice.

Midnight kept up with Cross as he went to the door, and even offered her his knee as a seat, which she rested her weight on. She was, thankful, for his help. While she hated to admit it, she was in no condition to work this alone.

“Teach you how to pick locks? I can give it a go, though, not sure how helpful it’ll be. I’ll teach ya the basics now, and show you the more advanced stuff when we’re not in danger. Watch”

Midnight reached into her hair, and pulled out a lockpick. She gently placed it in the lock, and another. And started working on it. Her movements were slow and controlled.

“You can’t rush at the start, take it nice and slow. Work the lock and try find the weak point, where you can feel the lock has it’s weakness….” Midnight wriggled the pick a bit, before finding it.

She flicked it up, and the door unlocked itself. She slid it back in her hair, using it as a hairpin to keep it out of her face. She stood up, leaning on Cross still.

"We'll go first, come on Cross. Lets get going"

“Wow she makes it look easy.”

Thought Cross as he watched.

ohhh so thats how its done” he said taking in what she said watching her movements and listening to the sounds.

He wrapped his arm around her and helped her stand up, giving her another healing hoof. He used a little bit of magic to help hold her muscles and bones in place.

indeed, when were not in danger.”

Then she proposed that they go first. It wasn’t a smart decision but it was pretty admirable.

he smiled looking at her quickly and nodded his head

“if your up for it.” He held midnight to the side, and with his magic he twisted the door knob and opened the door with his sword brandishing it at whatever may be there.

Unsurprising it was a large chamber that was seemingly empty, he helped midnight thru the door, and he looked around. It was kind of beautiful actually. There was a ray of light from a hole in the rocks. The cave itself was dark brown with several pillars of stone. There were a couple of cave mushrooms scrambled about. "Imp stool?" he thought as he eyed them a bit closer. He and midnight walked forward giving room for everyone else to enter

“looks clear everyone, no bandits, goblins, bears ..or giant spiders.”

Owing in no small part to his Oakflesh spell, Ician's injuries were very minimal, amounting to just a few skin-deep scratches on his fire-shooting arm and legs. Ician dusted himself off and motioned to his familiar, who followed him again back down the path they had earlier been treading. It didn't go very far, with the outer walls of Ponyville quickly drawing into view outside what he had correctly remembered as Honningbrew Meadery. Several crops could be seen growing alongside the cobblestone path, along with a few farmers and a giant smashing some nearby crops into- wait...

Ician sighed. Apparently combat encounters were a lot more common than he thought in rural Skyrim. He checked to make sure his Oakflesh spell was still operational - it was - before opening his fiery hands and advancing, familiar by his side, towards the giant. One of the farmers was cowering in the vicinity of the giant, holding a pitchfork in a way that clearly indicated that he wasn't prepared to fight the beast. Ician decided that it was his responsibility to get rid of the giant, and as his opening move sent two gouts of flame rocketing directly at it.

Midnight kept all her weight on Cross's shoulders, thankful he didn't seem to mind the extra weight, before remembering she was probably a twig to him. She kept a hand on a dagger, as she needed 2 hands to fire a bow, and with one resting on Cross's shoulder, in order for her to use her bow, he'd have to support her waist by holding her. But, she opted to remain silent as she looked at the scenery. It was kinda pretty, in a door gloomy kinda way

"Wasn't sure you'd like learning about the trades of assassins and thief's, but I'll teach ya what i can Cross. Consider it, well, payment for...this" she said, making it clear with her voice she wasn't used to accepting help from others.

“I enjoy learning of any kind. Besides something such as lock picking has practical value.” Said cross as he lead them thru the cavern. He then saw something that was not part of the rocks and stood out immediately

“hey a barrel.” He said curiously he walked forward and approached the barrel with caution. Then using his horn he lifted the lid off the barrel and checked inside.

Lifting up the contents he called them out for everyone else

5 gold pieces, an old health potion … expired but might still have some effect. And a very old blade, barely has an edge.” He said as he held the blade up to his nose inspecting it.

well I don’t know about you but ill take anything we can get.” He said putting the items in in a pocket like hole in his raggedy cloths.

He looked further down the cave and saw something that horrified him

uhuhu!” he said pointing to large spider webs further down the cave!

Ician advanced nimbly, darting about from side to side as the giant noticed him but decided to focus on the much closer familiar first. With a single smash the familiar dissipated, having already been injured beyond reasonable ability to sustain itself.

Mental note: Don't engage. Retreat. Ician summoned another familiar and backed away very quickly from the giant, taking a glance behind him. There was the river he passed earlier. Maybe he could lure the beast far enough that it fell in or something. Anything to get it away from the farmers who couldn't defend themselves against such a monster.

He returned his attention to reality, where the last vestiges of his new familiar were dissipating into nothingness again. The giant seemed poised to come after him next, but it suddenly toppled with a loud cry and fell face-flat on the ground. A sword was sticking out of its back.

"What in the world..." Ician muttered. The figure of an armoured mare, silhouetted against the bright sun, drew into view as she extracted the sword from the beast. "Well, this is interesting." Ician began to walk over to her, determined to find out more about what precisely had just transpired.

Darkness smirked at the stallions reaction to the spider and waited, "So how are we doing this?" he said as he readied his blade, "Someone gonna try and get a sneak kill or we just gonna rush it" he said. His voice seemed a bit excited at the end as the thought of rushing it got him hyped. He wasn't a blood crazed warrior or a murder, but a good battle got him energized and hyped, leaving him itching to slay this spider.

Midnight didn't like spiders. If they got close, their creppy eyes and just..

It gave her a shiver that ran around her body.

"I can take it out...." She said, moving Cross's arm to support her waist as she leaned into him. While the contact made her uncomfortable, she needed good balance for her shot.

She loaded her bow, and aimed it at one of the spiders. There were several, but she could take at least this one before anything started. She let out her breath, before letting the arrow go. It went straight into one of it's eyes, killing it. However, the half a dozen other spiders didn't like that, and started to make their way at the group.

Midnight loaded another arrow, preparing for a 2nd shot.

"Stay with me Cross, I need you to keep me standing up"

The spider’s swarmed

oh no! oh no!”

Cross mustered his courage. And figured the best thing to do and went into action

He put a secure magic spell around mirage, holding her up and supporting her broken body where it needed to be

The he pulled out the sword she gave him as well as the busted old sword they found

“I respect all life! Except cannibal insects with no regard for life or honor!” he said aloud.

A frost bite spider came up behind midnight. And he took a deep breath and shouted

back to the pits that spawned you beast” getting between her and the 8 legged monster. The spider swung one of it’s front legs at him and in a half scream half battle cry, he jumped to the left and rapidly swung and the spider, cutting the legs and aiming for the body with swift blows from both weapons. The spider jumped back from pain

“ha! See there not that tough! Just scary!” the spider faced him with its 8 eyes which sent a chill down his spine.

He took a deep breath recovering his stamina and still had plenty of magica to hold midnight.

The spider then surprised him and spat a ball of slime at him

AHH!” he ducked his head out of the way and ran shouting

“watch out they got spit!

he took a few steps forward and jammed his good blade into one of the beasts eyes and the spider reeled back in pain fell over and curled up.

"See they are just creatures like the rest of us probably scared and in need of help, perhaps I was wrong and they ca ….OH TALOS THERS ANOTHER!"”

He brandished his weapon at the beast and it lunged at him in a jump. Cross jumped to the side quickly spending most of his stamina part of the monsters jagged fang cut him but is wasn't deep and it wasn't a direct hit. he recoverd side-stepped and swung at the side of the spiders body he was facing. He focused all his stamina into 3 hits he swung his left sword then his right and his let again. The spider jumped back in pain, but learning from his near mistake before he ran towards it and slashed his sword across its face. And the spider dyed in front of him

Cross nearly dropped from fatigue but managed to get back to midnight holding her and giving his magic a rest

Exhausted he asked his friend

“comfortable?”

for now he would protect her and let her use her talents to take some kills while he recovered

"Hello?" Ician asked hesitantly.

The mare turned around. Hers was a stern face, one that was cold and worn. A lifetime of struggle and pain showed in her expression as she hefted the sword onto her back and turned to face Ician squarely.

"You're no help." She snorted, and turned away.

"Wait." Ician moved closer. "Who are you?"

"I'm a Companion." She said, neatly dodging the question. "If you want to know more, you can find out in Ponyville. And that fancy magic of yours?" She gestured to his glowing hands. "Ain't worth anything if you don't know how to use it right." And she walked away.

Sky would grin as he walked toawrds the spiders, and as the first one spat he would quickly side step before saying "OH GOD, these things can do that?". Sky would then run in. As he advanced he would feel a spitball nearly hit his arm. Sky would sigh as he drew his axe and swung at the Spider. Sky would start to side step every time it turned, and in four hits the spider would fall dead. "Their, they are not so...oh god" And with that sky would run back to the group. He would have seen a whole colney.

Midnight frowned when Cross ran off to fight the Spiders, but when she felt something else holding her up, she figured he was using his magic to keep her.

She kept her arrows flying, taking out the Spiders that were climbing on the roof towards her and her team. She wasn't running low on arrows, but she had to admit, the chances of something coming up behind her was weighting on her shoulder. But thankfully, Cross came back and took care of her."I'm fine. That was...impressive out there, you have a unique combat style"

Midnight leaned back into his arms, letting him take her light weight.

She reaised her bow, loading 3 arrows in at once, and firing the barrage into Spiders that were coming towards them. She loaded another round of 5 arrows this time, and with her aim, managed to get all 5 it fly forwards and kill their targets.

"I feared i'd be a little rusty, but i guess not"

Cross watched as his partner and patient shot down several spiders

impressive!

he was beginning to admire her for her skills and endurance

having recovered the magica he hit her with another healing hands. But then saw more spiders coming in

SKY, move push forward.

He wrapped an extra layer of magic protection around her and ran forward

were getting to a spot where we can bottleneck them!

he ran past a few and slashed at any that got to close

finally they reached a spot in the cave reaching to another door.

“here!” he said as he helped set Midnight stable and drew his sword.

He saw one try to come out the corner and slashed at it with one hand. And then stabbed it in the eyes!

allright we can do this just stay calm and keep focused!

He held her with his magic and said

“ill make sure they don’t get close to you”

he drew his other blade and primed held them forward.

A spider tried to lunge at him. Cross quickly ducted and held his blade up at the spider causing it to fly directly on the blade!

The spider’s own aggressiveness was its undoing.

Unfortunelty the dead spider landed directly on top of him its legs falling all over him

GHWAWAWAW! GET OFF!” he said throwing it into another spider!

He looked to midnight ashamed at his own fear.

Then he went back to protecting her and stabbed his rusty blade into a spiders mouth! hitting it and with the other blade stabbed its belly

Archived